t2.3aero

Anyone enjoy opening high

... Not dropping a phone when on the ground is cake, under canopy at 12K its really hard, weird.

We could start a new thread on the subject: "Should I bring my cellphone with me while skydiving?" I bet it'll be lively.:P

i would say yes, bring it in case you land off. i wouldnt ever use it under canopy though.

Hands free voice activated cell phone wouldn't be any different than using a portable amateur radio transceiver, as it was mentioned above.

OMG, What ever happened to "Be here now".[:/]

Maybe it's just me...
I believe you have my stapler.

... Not dropping a phone when on the ground is cake, under canopy at 12K its really hard, weird.

We could start a new thread on the subject: "Should I bring my cellphone with me while skydiving?" I bet it'll be lively.:P

i would say yes, bring it in case you land off. i wouldnt ever use it under canopy though.

Hands free voice activated cell phone wouldn't be any different than using a portable amateur radio transceiver, as it was mentioned above.

OMG, What ever happened to "Be here now".[:/]

Maybe it's just me...

Well making a cell phone call under canopy is kind of stupid in my opinion, but I can see why amateur radio operators are into doing altitude hop n pops to work long range stations.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

...but I can see why amateur radio operators are into doing altitude hop n pops to work long range stations.

I can see the coolness in that, if HAM is your thing. But here we're talking about taking a portion of attention away from the beautiful experience of a long canopy flight and directing it toward a friggin little electronic widget. The thought of it makes my head explode!:S

I've been watching a series on Discovery about novice mountaineers who sign up to climb Mt. Everest. They're on a very tight schedule the day of the summit attempt, so they only have 20-30 minutes on the summit before they need to head back down. One of the guys decided he would use that time to make a cellphone call. That is a moment in his life that he will never get back. I threw my TV out the window.
I believe you have my stapler.

Hi T2

Open at whatever altitude you feel comfortable at. When you start doing RW some peeps might give you the "Look " because your cutting into their play time. Screw them. When the turbo's started flying instead of a 12.5 max altitude 13 -14 k becme the norm.

A wise man named Jerry Bird siad we're giving you the extra altitude at the top no reason to take it off the bottom. Personally We were still opening at 2k, just gotta know your gear and have your shit together for EP's.

Cross countrry jumps can be fun, but beware of the field elevation and exit altitude. Field elevation of 3-5k. Exit altitude of 14 K thats 17- 19 k MSL.

There's also the added challenge of different wind direction and speeds at different altitudes.

Back in the day we screwed up sitting in the saddle way to high on a round canopy. Boring..... Folks on the ground didn't know where I was. Eventually we landed in the peas. Lucked out It was a no wind day:).

This is the internet. Talk with your instuctors about your future plans. so you get the real story.

The origional R.I.P.

I filmd far too many CReW team jumps to enjoy high openings..Plus, While filming an AFF out of a Kingair at Perris, my pin was pulled by the door, (filmed by my fellow cameraman right behind me) so I had a horseshoe at 12.500... I dumped almost instantly, I am not sure how, or why, but I "knew" my main left, so I dumped....BUT, here I on jump run, at Perris, KNOWING there are 3 more planes in the air, at 12,500 , under a fucking "sky blue main":o:S

NOT fun......I damn near blacked myself out, trying to get down to a safe altitude .....

Nothing like Skydive Perris sunset load open right out the door at full altitude. On purpose, of course. I know someone who didn't do it on purpose from 16500.:D.

Beautiful view, bring a buddy with the same wingload as yourself and fly together. Just don't land on the military airport.

;)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?