ridestrong

What would you do if you lost your goggles on exit?

What would you do if you forgot or somehow lost your eye protection upon exit at full altitude?

Squint, silly.

:D

Yeah, I should have added that to the "Continue with jump as planned" answer. ;)
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

TRY to continue the jump as planned, while holding onto my glasses with the other ... LOL!!! I've had to reseat goggles that were blowing off while turning points, so I think I could pull it off, at least somewhat ... just might have to skip a grip or two to allow keeping the hand holding my glasses in place.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

What would you do if you forgot or somehow lost your eye protection upon exit at full altitude?

Squint, silly.

And if you wear contact lenses, the lenses might blow out even if you squint. So close one eye completely and save your good vision in that eye for the canopy ride to the ground. Meanwhile, do your freefall with the other eye and resign yourself to possibly losing that lens. Everyone will think you're playing pirate or something, and it will be hilarious. Carry spare lenses in your gear bag or car.

Bunch of years ago, probably my 2nd or 3rd year in the sport, none of the local DZs were open early in the season, but the word got passed around that another DZ, a bit further away, would be open for the upcoming nice weekend.

Me and a couple buddies bombed out there, waivered and headed to probably the sketchiest Cessna I ever jumped.

We arrive at 10K, door opens and I realize I have no goggles. First thought was "OK, if I forgot my @#$& goggles, what ELSE did I forget?" No time like the present to learn what freefall w/o goggles feels like.

Yeah, do able. Not pretty, but it worked.
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19

Backfly

No need to do that. To get through a single jump - it's no big deal. If you bring your hands directly under your chin (when not gripped) you can deflect enough air actually with your palms while still belly-flying just fine, and be perfectly comfortable to last through that one jump. It really is "no big deal".

I actually know a couple of peeps who jump actually regularly without goggles - on a routine basis. I can't do that - but some (apparently) can. - FWIW.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I've had goggles break on RW jumps. My eyelids flutter a bit, but it's not so bad.

You should see what happens when your full face blows off on a freaking speed dive... that is why I wear goggles under the full face now.. and tape the full face down with gaffers tape.... 250 MPH wind really whips the eyelids arond and hurts the ole eyeballs .

Happened to me before.....lost a contact as well -5.0 eyesight btw....after realizing squinted and backfly pulled slightly higher.

Went back to the car loaded up and back to jumping!
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

TRY to continue the jump as planned, while holding onto my glasses with the other ... LOL!!! I've had to reseat goggles that were blowing off while turning points, so I think I could pull it off, at least somewhat ... just might have to skip a grip or two to allow keeping the hand holding my glasses in place.

This would be my problem--losing googles, not a big deal, losing my glasses would suck. My eyesight isn't bad but I have a pretty good astigmatism. Depth perception is sort of important for landing.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Continue with the jump as planned.

I'd say ~100 jumps without goggles. It was no big deal, our eyes dry out on the dive and you can see fine.
Never lost a contact, but I use the accuvues which are fairly large.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.