profesorlino

wingsuit landing without parachute project

..and almost killed himself.. :P

is he back to jumping yet?

Loic's accident was speedflying., not wingsuiting.
He is flying indeed, the Porter in Gap, France. Concerning the jumping, I do not have accurate info but it seems that for the moment he is not jumping anymore.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

thanks for the clarification, must of gotten something mixed up then..

james boole on the other hand.. he ALMOST landed his wingsuit, and got away with it. got a nice corset out of it too! :P

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

a couple have done this already - yes, they're all dead. :|

Actually, there was a video of one guy jumping wingsuit from a helicopter, did some freefall and he landed it without opening parachute. He only got bloody nose if I remember correctly.
Link to that video was somewhere here, but I can`t find it. Anybody else here remember it???

So, it`s already been done, stop trying :)
dudeist skydiver #42

hi
i have seen in the media that jeb corliss want to be the first man in the world to land without a parachute. in one interview he said that there are at least 5 more guys who want to do this first. my question is:

who are these other guys??

Chuck Berry was pretty keen to do it, but that was a couple of years ago, don't know what the story with him is now.

Are you a reporter?.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Actually, there was a video of one guy jumping wingsuit from a helicopter, did some freefall and he landed it without opening parachute. He only got bloody nose if I remember correctly.
Link to that video was somewhere here, but I can`t find it. Anybody else here remember it???

That was Ray Stone at ZHills. Bloody and broken nose...
But he indeed is the first person to exit a moving aircraft without wearing a parachute, landing it, and surviving (height notwithstanding).

But he indeed is the first person to exit a moving aircraft without wearing a parachute, landing it, and surviving (height notwithstanding).

...and in wingsuit.

I`m glad someone remembers it ;)
dudeist skydiver #42

What was that commercial where the guy dives out of the otter on the tarmac and then throws his pilot chute? Maybe this is where that idea came from. :S

That ad was made after Ray's amazing wingsuit jump at Zhills, so if anything, the ad came from his stunt.
it was just a bunch of guys having fun on a weather day.
Stoney repeated the stunt by exiting a truck at the Tiki boogie. Pix here somewhere on DZ.com

Jeb Corliss' idea is fucking retarded, imo. The actual concept of landing a wingsuit without a parachute is pretty cool, but when you substitute the parachute for a multi-million dollar NASA built ramp, it looses all practicality.

As for the guy who actually did it, can anyone provide any specifics? Specifically exit altitude

Stoney repeated the stunt by exiting a truck at the Tiki boogie. Pix here somewhere on DZ.com

OK so its ONLY a bit over a year later.(took me a while to find it) :D video of that at the 4min mark here
http://vimeo.com/19683563
with gratuitous ta tas included :P
Stoney Rules !!
AND spring is here!! +11 in the Great White North today!! B|
ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

Yo DWE,

When your parachuting career spans a grand total of five years, it pays to do your homework before you make sweeping declarative statements like that:

Alan Magee (1943)

Nick Alkemade (1944)

Vesna Vulovic (1972)

B|
SCR-6933 / SCS-3463 / D-5533 / BASE 44 / CCS-37 / 82d Airborne (Ret.)

"The beginning of wisdom is to first call things by their right names."