rss_v

What do you wear if not a jumpsuit?

Nearly everyone I've seen at my DZ on the few visits I've paid it so far wears a jumpsuit of some sort or another. A handful just wear street clothes, essentially. Trousers and a t-shirt, maybe.

Those of you who routinely or occasionally don't wear a jumpsuit to skydive, what do you wear and why?

Thanks,

Those of you who routinely or occasionally don't wear a jumpsuit to skydive, what do you wear and why?

No jumpsuit, no clothes at all. Why? Because it is safer! There has never been a naked skydiving fatality!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

No jumpsuit, no clothes at all. Why? Because it is safer! There has never been a naked skydiving fatality!

But there have been plenty of skinned knees and rassberry raspberry butts! :$
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I try to wear my RW suit for RW, my FF suit to FF, and my camera jacket when filming.

But, if I don't want to wear the RW suit, I find that baggy pants help a lot.

I wore my tight FF suit on a belly jump on Sunday (my RW has the FULL size booties) and the lack of response in comparison was ridiculous.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I have jumpmastered many static line students wearing only shorts and T-shirt. Why? Because it was hot.

If I think it is going to be at least a little chilly, I wear some kind of jumpsuit. Better to be a little warm on the ramp than be chilly in the air.

I just bought some free fly pants that I'm planning to wear with whatever t-shirt I find first. I haven't jumped 'em yet because I'm in pretty much the worst place a skydiver could be, stuck in Afghanistan for the time being.

I've seen people who consistently wear this every weekend and if it works for them... eh, I'll give it a try. Is it going to make a better freeflyer? No, definitely not since I'm barely a decent belly flyer but whatever. Hopefully I adapt :ph34r:

...Don't Get Elimated!!

If you were a hoody or jacket, make sure there are no pockets to blow around and cover your handles. A friend of mine had a cut away while wearing a jeans jacket w/pockets. He had to reach into the pocket to retrieve his reserve handle. :o:D

With that said, I've jumped in anything from gym shorts with no shirt on up, including Santa Claus costume with beard. Those fake beards suck in freefall. :D

I just bought some free fly pants that I'm planning to wear with whatever t-shirt I find first. I haven't jumped 'em yet because I'm in pretty much the worst place a skydiver could be, stuck in Afghanistan for the time being.

I've seen people who consistently wear this every weekend and if it works for them... eh, I'll give it a try. Is it going to make a better freeflyer?

The opposite. It's harder to fly head-up in "freefly" pants and a T-shirt than a full freefly suit. Especially when you're trying to take grips.

I just got my A license and had to wear a jumpsuit as a requirement untill i got it...i havent worn one since (even though it has only been a few weeks) and couldnt feel more free just make sure u tuck in ur shirt dont want it flying around ur cutaway or reserve handle as mentioned above

BLUE SKIES:-)

After 5 years of freeflying, still haven't gotten myself a decent freefly suit... been meaning to do so but I have something sorta like ocpd, couldn't decide on a brand...

Anyway, during summertime I simply wear shorts and tuck my shirt in and tighten the belt as much as I can... otherwise the shirt will come up... rarely does anyway...

During cooler time of year I simply wear jeans with tight rolls...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tight_rolled_pants

It's very important to make sure that pants are tight rolled, especially when doing upright freeflying, otherwise the pants will balloon up and slow you down...

Going off a bit here but still meaningful... I had a RW suit that unzipped all the way when I was doing a headdown dive... No biggie except when the time came to deploy... I couldn't reach the hacky because the loose fold of suit was blocking the access... I had to reach out and around the flapping piece of fabric for an uneventful deployment.

Nearly everyone I've seen at my DZ on the few visits I've paid it so far wears a jumpsuit of some sort or another. A handful just wear street clothes, essentially. Trousers and a t-shirt, maybe.

Thanks,

If going to terminal I always wear a jumpsuit. On hop and pops I will wear jeans and a t-shirt on occasion.

Jumpsuits provide 2 valuable functions. Firstly they don't blow up and cover your handles, secondly they help if you don't land well.

Another consideration is that at this stage of my jumping consistency is important. Sticking with my jumpsuit eliminates a variable on freefall speeds.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.