freefalle

removing blood from a canopy

I have the canopy of a friend of mine, he was injuried badly and there is ALOT of blood on the canopy its been sitting for awhile, almost 2 months. Does anyone know how to get the blood out of the canopy with damaging the canopy? I would appreicate advise from someone who is sure they know what works. Thanks

If it's been on there that long,
you may want to consult with the manufacturer.

I've used a mild detergent to clean localized spots on a canopy.
The problem (in my opinion) isn't with possible degradation of the material.
It's the stitching.

Bloody canopy huh?
Sounds like bad Juju!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I wouldn't...

What I've done is...

Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water, 1/2 cup of tide...mix well...
place the canopy in and rub the 'icky' spots gently with a soft washcloth.

Drain the tub...
fill it again with clean water and work the canopy around to rinse the soap out...
then repeat the rinse cycle until no suds result.

Hang it up to dry, streching it out tail up, open cells down to drain.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have never used it on a canopy, but hydrogen peroxide takes blood out of fabrics without damaging even the most delicate.

I dont think it would harm the canopy any. Somebody else might know for sure if it would.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

I would never purposely wet my canopy. I would just leave it as is.

When buying a canopy.....My first question is 'Has it ever been wet?'

Like the areticle says...cleaning the canopy can be more harmful then the stain.

Just my opinion.

I have never used it on a canopy, but hydrogen peroxide takes blood out of fabrics without damaging even the most delicate.

i wouldn't do that i use that stuff to bleach my hair once in a while and i wouldn't thrust it near my material, as far as i know it is an agressive bleach like clorine
--------

www.youtube.com/l0013

Lots of advice above.

Careful. You said "lots" of blood. That more than spot cleaning. Any spot big enough to make you want to clean it, does not fall into the catagory of "spot clean".

Write the manufacturer. They are all super cool about support.

Or at least I've never had a problem with any I've dealt with.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I thought that you could send a canopy to the manufacturer and they would be able to clean it for you?

Might be something to think of if it is a big job. Talk to the manufacturer, see what they say but if they do this then it may be a good type to get a general overhaul done at the same time i.e. relining if it needs?

Kind of reminds me of someone's response to an unsolicited phone call for a cleaning product;

"Can get get blood out of the carpet? A LOT of blood! How about drapes?!"

I never thought I'd see the question in an (ostensibly) legitimate format :P

I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

You are lucky since recently after watching a TV program where they explained how to remove different types of stain, they mentioned that Aspirine was the best way to remove blood from a fabric. Aspirine contains acetylsalicylic acid and one of its purpose is to keep the blood more diluted and avoiding health problem like a heart stroke. I never tried it myself but I will wait for you to tell us if it works. I guess you can dilute some Aspirine caps in luke warm water and rub the stain with it.
I said Aspirine. Not Advil or Tylenol.B|

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

I have the canopy of a friend of mine, he was injuried badly and there is ALOT of blood on the canopy its been sitting for awhile, almost 2 months. Does anyone know how to get the blood out of the canopy with damaging the canopy? I would appreicate advise from someone who is sure they know what works. Thanks

Chlorine takes that blood right off in a second...which reminds me, i once used chlorine on my bathroom floor right after a....