5 5
winsor

Woke is a Joke

1 hour ago, winsor said:

I bridle at putting events in a racist context, where the value judgement of good/bad is carried by the races of the actors involved.

No you don't. Your constant defense of Israel shows your statement to be false. I know you find ways to justify it for yourself, but you are nowhere near as principled as you like to think you are. Nowhere near.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

No you don't. Your constant defense of Israel shows your statement to be false. I know you find ways to justify it for yourself, but you are nowhere near as principled as you like to think you are. Nowhere near.

You're projecting again.

5 hours ago, billvon said:

I have several friends who are Jewish, which means I have much more insight into what Israel is going through than anyone here.

The inelegance of your attempts at humor makes Boy Scouts look polished and sophisticated.

Straight out of Kruger and Dunning's work.

1 hour ago, winsor said:

The inelegance of your attempts at humor makes Boy Scouts look polished and sophisticated.

Straight out of Kruger and Dunning's work.

Ha, you should talk.  40+ pages into your 'Joke' thread and not ONE pirate joke...SAD

• Like 3

4 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Whoopi Goldberg and Jeff Zucker canceled 

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/cltr/whoopi-goldberg-canceled.html

The left eventually eats its own.

Don't forget Neil Young and the other has been,.

Spoify was placed in quite the pickle .Neo liberal Neil basically saying it's Joe or Me. 

Adios, see ya later.

2 hours ago, richravizza said:

Don't forget Neil Young and the other has been,.

Spoify was placed in quite the pickle .Neo liberal Neil basically saying it's Joe or Me. 

Adios, see ya later.

Neil and those others will all be remembered long after Joe becomes "Joe who?". In the meantime Spotify is deep into damage control and has lost hundreds of million in market cap and some unknown number of subscribers. It's hard to keep paid subscribers. A lot of them are just looking for an excuse to getting around to cancelling. Now some of them have one.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Neil and those others will all be remembered long after Joe becomes "Joe who?". In the meantime Spotify is deep into damage control and has lost hundreds of million in market cap and some unknown number of subscribers. It's hard to keep paid subscribers. A lot of them are just looking for an excuse to getting around to cancelling. Now some of them have one.

In the same sense that I am puzzled about the specifics when the last president blathered on about "Fake News!," I am unsure of quite what got Neil et al. worked up about "disinformation."

Precisely what do you claim was wrong, and what do you claim is right?  On what basis?  What are your data?

If someone puts forth a thesis with data that support a more effective model of virus propagation, suppression or whatever, I'm interested.  If they simply say "you're wrong, that has been discredited!" without anything to back it up, it kind of rings hollow.

Saying that disagreeing with one stance or another will be met with severe consequences constitutes Argumentum ad Baculum, or appeal to force, which neither supports nor refutes one stance or another.  It's on a par with "confess or we put out your eyes!"

Joe Rogan may or may not be spreading disinformation.  I really don't know, since everything I know about him I got secondhand.

I would be much more impressed if Neil and Joni were to hold a news conference where they used rock solid data to refute whatever it was with which they disagreed, irrefutably line and verse.  Saying "if you disagree with me, I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" makes one suspect they don't personally have a clue either way.

As Frank Zappa put it, "Shut up and player guitar."

BSBD,

Winsor

• Like 1

4 hours ago, winsor said:

Joe Rogan may or may not be spreading disinformation.  I really don't know, since everything I know about him I got secondhand.

I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your Googling finger.  You sure as shit seem comfortable posting/sharing second-hand info when it aligns with the points that you're trying to make.  Hell, it seems one of your favourite pastimes is sharing your interpretation of what "Woke" say, but it's too much to find direct quotes of Rogan???  Or did you just read them and agree with them?

Maybe, just maybe, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell didn't want to hold a news conference and shout the same bullshit they're protesting into a microphone.  Are they supposed to hold a news conference or "Shut up and player guitar"?  

As always, you're all over the map with a lengthy post of blithering bullshit peppered with some $3 words to attempt to sound intelligent.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, winsor said:

In the same sense that I am puzzled about the specifics when the last president blathered on about "Fake News!," I am unsure of quite what got Neil et al. worked up about "disinformation."

Precisely what do you claim was wrong, and what do you claim is right?  On what basis?  What are your data?

If someone puts forth a thesis with data that support a more effective model of virus propagation, suppression or whatever, I'm interested.  If they simply say "you're wrong, that has been discredited!" without anything to back it up, it kind of rings hollow.

Saying that disagreeing with one stance or another will be met with severe consequences constitutes Argumentum ad Baculum, or appeal to force, which neither supports nor refutes one stance or another.  It's on a par with "confess or we put out your eyes!"

I would be much more impressed if Neil and Joni were to hold a news conference where they used rock solid data to refute whatever it was with which they disagreed, irrefutably line and verse.  Say "if you disagree with me, I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" makes one suspect they don't personally have a clue either way.

As Frank Zappa put it, "Shut up and player guitar."

BSBD,

Winsor

All important things aren't in technical manuals and political science really isn't. It's called influencing nowadays, and while it's complete bullshit that it's now a part of our realities, that's exactly what they are doing. Explaining why to people who value the opinions of record artists would be counterproductive, no doubt.

14 hours ago, richravizza said:

Don't forget Neil Young and the other has been,

Which other "has been?"  Joni Mitchell?  Nils Lofgren?  Brené Brown?  India Arie?  Crosby, Stills and Nash?  Or did you meal all of them are has-beens, or that they have been cencelled?

Because that's odd.  Generally "cancel culture" refers to people who are boycotted and publicly criticized for their political views.  All the above pulled their music voluntarily as a protest.  None were "cancelled."

(edited)

Dear Mr.Winsor 

Thank you Sir for creating and curating this important subject.Your reference materials spot on.Some I wanted to post but you covered them all and then some.Like a good read that  is eye opening, insightful, and confirms in great detail what is or should be self evident. Bravo Sir!

I liked your comments often, while agreeing.It had more to do with other responses,even after supposedly reading your source material, Signs your Woke,my likes are a Jeff Foxworthy response"Here's your Sign". Ironic the author VDH and reason of my hiatus  The Dying Citizen, morally unclean, therefore irrelevant,LOL 

I hope you find this enjoyable Friday Night entertainment.

Edited by richravizza

9 hours ago, billvon said:

Which other "has been?"  Joni Mitchell?  Nils Lofgren?  Brené Brown?  India Arie?  Crosby, Stills and Nash?  Or did you meal all of them are has-beens, or that they have been cencelled?

Because that's odd.  Generally "cancel culture" refers to people who are boycotted and publicly criticized for their political views.  All the above pulled their music voluntarily as a protest.  None were "cancelled."

Elton John's probably next, vax'd and boosted and covid positive.Play your tambourine.

This goes to the psyche of the well endowed enlightened left.Last time I was here we were on "to each his own". I didn't know there was a liberal caveat "but not with him".

21 hours ago, billvon said:

They are “self canceling” in an attempt to get Joe Rogan canceled for real.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richravizza said:

Elton John's probably next, vax'd and boosted and covid positive.Play your tambourine.  This goes to the psyche of the well endowed enlightened left.Last time I was here we were on "to each his own". I didn't know there was a liberal caveat "but not with him".

Sorry I couldn't get anything out of that.  Are you complaining about 'cancel culture?'  COVID vaccinations?  William Shatner songs?  Relative penis size?  Homophobia?  Not sure what the exact gripe is.

(edited)

I'm sure, your approach hasn't changed much. Four self imposed strawman.

Could you give me your rundown on those questions? You always lose me in your psychosis.What emotional response cause you to think of a vax'd relative sized homophobic penis.

PM me if your drinking I'm up for a laugh either way,

Edited by richravizza

1 hour ago, richravizza said:

I'm sure, your approach hasn't changed much. Four self imposed strawman.

A strawman is a made up position for me to argue against. In this case, however, I have no clue what you are talking about to begin with.  Too many fatties?