1 1
brenthutch

Joe being Joe

58 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I never thought it possible but the Dems have found another candidate that may loose to Trump.  Word is that Biden’s handlers won’t even let him debate Trump.  If the economy is even close to bouncing back, hello to for more years and goodbye to RBG.

Russian trolling.

23 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Russian trolling.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Channeling royreader?

Russia is in a tough spot with low oil prices and C-19.  Report after report from US intelligence services about Russian efforts first to get Sanders nominated. Then to sow disinformation and sow conflict.

The overarching aim of Kremlin disinformation is to aggravate the public health crisis in Western countries...in line with the Kremlin’s broader strategy of attempting to subvert European societies,” the document produced by the EU’s foreign policy arm, the European External Action Service, said.

The return on the trump investment has been outstanding for Putin.He needs a repeat. In addition Chinese officials want the U.S. president reelected—because he’s so weak.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I never thought it possible but the Dems have found another candidate that may loose to Trump.  Word is that Biden’s handlers won’t even let him debate Trump.  If the economy is even close to bouncing back, hello to for more years and goodbye to RBG.

People are saying that it is Trump that refuses to debate.  He sees it as nothing to gain, and maybe something to lose.

(edited)

That is what Trump did during the primary.  I was looking forward to watching Ted Cruz destroy him in a one on one debate, but Trump had the nomination in hand at that point and knew he was no match for Ted.  Biden on the other hand is gaff prone on his best days.  He has never been good at finishing a sentence, but lately he cant even remember where he is or what he just said.  I don't think that "here's the deal folks" is going to cut it when he forgets what the deal is.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

That is what Trump did during the primary.  I was looking forward to watching Ted Cruz destroy him in a one on one debate, but Trump had the nomination in hand at that point and knew he was no match for Ted. 

Trump can't be defeated in a debate. Trump can't be debated in any conventional sense. The way he speaks is like a version of the Gish Gallop, with the added difficulty that its a random stream of consciousness half of which will have nothing but the most tangential connection to the subject he's supposed to be talking about. It's impossible to refute everything he says because you wouldn't even have enough time in your rebuttal to untangle everything he's just said. 

You can just ignore him, present your own points and simply say "and by the way you'll notice nothing my opponent just said was actually on point" but that will do nothing to dissuade the viewers who are susceptible to his populist babble in the first place.

This.

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

It's impossible to refute everything he says because you wouldn't even have enough time in your rebuttal to untangle everything he's just said. 

I used to work with someone who was singularly unsuited to the type of programming that we did. When presented with a new module to code, he made mincemeat of it. The sole action item from one of the inspectors was "the first IF doesn't work, and nothing makes sense after it." 

The programmer was proud of only having gotten one action on his code from that inspector.

Trump reminds me of this.

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

That is what Trump did during the primary.  I was looking forward to watching Ted Cruz destroy him in a one on one debate, but Trump had the nomination in hand at that point and knew he was no match for Ted.  Biden on the other hand is gaff prone on his best days.  He has never been good at finishing a sentence, but lately he cant even remember where he is or what he just said.  I don't think that "here's the deal folks" is going to cut it when he forgets what the deal is.

I think they will need to debate at least once before the election and I think it'll be very painful to watch.

5 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think they will need to debate at least once before the election and I think it'll be very painful to watch.

I disagree. There has been three and a half years of debate on trump already. Thirty eight percent of voters will vote for him. Debate allows uncommitted voters to size up potential candidates.

13 hours ago, headoverheels said:

People are saying that it is Trump that refuses to debate.

Yep.  And I suspect he will continue to refuse.  I suspect he's afraid people will see how far he's deteriorated mentally.  If he lets the guy he calls "sleepy Joe" wipe the floor with him, he won't have much in the way of a defense that Joe is senile.

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Trump can't be defeated in a debate. Trump can't be debated in any conventional sense.

Hi jakee,

Anyone who knows little about the rules of debate knows that these are not debates.

And IMO it is the fault of the moderators as they let it continue.  They need to shut off the microphone of any who goes over the time limit & and anyone who interrupts.

Probably a lot more that they could do but those came first to mind.

Jerry Baumchen

16 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi jakee,

Anyone who knows little about the rules of debate knows that these are not debates.

And IMO it is the fault of the moderators as they let it continue.  They need to shut off the microphone of any who goes over the time limit & and anyone who interrupts.

Probably a lot more that they could do but those came first to mind.

Jerry Baumchen

All trumpies want is for Trump to call Biden an idiot. This isn't about debating policy it is a circus and all the masses want is blood.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yep.  And I suspect he will continue to refuse.  I suspect he's afraid people will see how far he's deteriorated mentally.  If he lets the guy he calls "sleepy Joe" wipe the floor with him, he won't have much in the way of a defense that Joe is senile.

That is a true statement.