1 1
brenthutch

Joe being Joe

11 minutes ago, jakee said:

Don't be ridiculous. We're not talking about foreign powers with vast intel networks and secret information the rest of us aren't privy to - it's Osama Bin Laden.

Right, and if that limited amount of resources can still, easily lead them to the correct conclusion, it must be pretty obvious.

32 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No - you should worry more about WHY he said what he said.

Question - was Joe in favor of the mission to go after Bin Laden?

I would be happy to discuss that after you explain why it has any bearing on Bin Laden's comments. Bin Laden had no idea whether or not Biden was in favour of going ahead with the mission to kill him.

32 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Right, and if that limited amount of resources can still, easily lead them to the correct conclusion, it must be pretty obvious.

If you can explain why it is the correct conclusion you shouldn't need anything as irrelevant and asinine as Osama Bin Laden's opinion to support your position. If you can't explain why it is the correct conclusion, the word of a fundamentalist nutcase isn't going to help you.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Or - he's a terrorist nutcase that came to the wrong conclusion (or sent out deliberate misinformation.)

Again, your faith in Bin Laden's thinking is touching, but perhaps you put too much faith in him.

10 hours ago, billvon said:

If Osama would only endorse him he'd have Turtle's vote for sure.

Not likely - 

I want someone with more of a spine in the whitehouse.

And - no - I will not be voting for Trump either - so you can drop that idea and argument too.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

His brain is not working any better than Trumps.  And that should bother everyone.

When Biden advocates injecting bleach, nuking hurricanes, raking forests, etc then your statement might mean something.  

• Like 1

Brent isn't familiar with trumps tweets and this may help.

"Trump’s most recent controversial tweets:

In psychoanalysis we can see this as a clear illustration of a defence mechanism created to defend the ego – to maintain a powerful sense of self. First he attacks @Morning_Joe (Joe Scarborough) by referring to him as “poorly rated” – an obvious concern for Trump which has emerged again and again from ratings on The Celebrity Apprentice to having his press secretary defend numbers at attendance at his inauguration. He notes that Joe talks badly of him, assures us that he doesn’t watch anymore (a bunch of sour grapes anyway), and then calls him Psycho Joe – indicating that he’s even too crazy to take seriously.

There are a series of readable symptoms here. Trump attempts to elevate his own ego in relation to Joe’s, denigrates Joe by saying he’s not important, and then calls him names. In the following tweet he reveals more. He brings in Joe’s associate, Mika Brzezinsky, similarly calls her “Crazy Mika” and details how he wouldn’t allow them to join him at Mar-a-Lago for New Year’s Eve. He signs off my making an ad hominem attack on Brzezinsky by stating that she was “bleeding badly from a face-lift.”

This attack is not much different from an 8 year old screaming, “I never wanted you at my party anyway because you’re stupid and ugly! And by the way I don’t even care.” A child brazenly demonstrates his defence by showing how much it matters to him, while claiming it doesn’t matter at all."

The article goes on to show ego, narcissism, poor self esteem, deficit of self-regard, "the ego of a narcissistically wounded individual often festers in its own self-loathing, and when provoked, it can launch a bloody attack to defend the shinier image of itself."

Biden may lose an occasional train of thought. trump is a derailed brain.

10 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Gotta love how all the people who claim to 'not support Trump' are attacking Biden.

Please understand that the two actions are not necessarily related. 

I know it won't make any sense to you because you see Biden as the last great hope, because the DNC and the media led you to believe that this was your best option.  It may well be.

But the two actions, 1) Supporting Trump and 2) Opposing Biden,  are not the same.

I can easily support eating vegetables, while I am disgusted and repulsed by Brussels Sprouts.  It's not really all that different.

Trump is kinda like a brussels sprout.

53 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I can easily support eating vegetables, while I am disgusted and repulsed by Brussels Sprouts.  It's not really all that different.

And the posts you have made expressing that disgust and repulsion for Trump exist on what forum? 

58 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Please understand that the two actions are not necessarily related. 

I know it won't make any sense to you because you see Biden as the last great hope, because the DNC and the media led you to believe that this was your best option.  It may well be.

But the two actions, 1) Supporting Trump and 2) Opposing Biden,  are not the same.

I don't think a lot of people see Biden as the last great hope. They just see him as better than Trump, an admittedly very low bar. Why is it so hard to see the difference? Does your stated "seeing the good in Trump" mean that you see him as the last great hope? Give liberals credit for the same ability at nuance that you grant yourself.

Wendy P.

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I don't think a lot of people see Biden as the last great hope. They just see him as better than Trump, an admittedly very low bar. Why is it so hard to see the difference? Does your stated "seeing the good in Trump" mean that you see him as the last great hope? Give liberals credit for the same ability at nuance that you grant yourself.

Wendy P.

When I say "last great hope" - I mean only that he was chosen to beat trump.  That is his job at this point.  (Not that Trump isn't trying to undo himself.  )

That, according to the posters here, is really all he is good for.  In fact, how i read some of the posts here, it is said by more than just a few, that he isn't much better than Trump, but he is the lesser of two evils. 

"Anyone but Trump - even Biden."