brenthutch

Climatism, the new religion

57 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The availability of a tool (any too) gives one options.  I can still ride a bike, and take public transport but with a car I have the option not to.  I like having options.

That's not the issue. The issue is the options changing the behaviour and the consequences of that behaviour. Road rage is an example of that. Guns are another example. Implying a tool has no impact on people's behaviour is not correct.

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

That's not the issue. The issue is the options changing the behaviour and the consequences of that behaviour. Road rage is an example of that. Guns are another example. Implying a tool has no impact on people's behaviour is not correct.

I agree.  I faced a road rage incident back in the 90's the guy got out of his car with a head of steam, I produced my pistol and his behavior was quickly impacted.  

20 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I agree.  I faced a road rage incident back in the 90's the guy got out of his car with a head of steam, I produced my pistol and his behavior was quickly impacted.  

Did you offer to give him some chill pills?

17 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I believe brandishing is a crime.

If you instigate an altercation then yes.  If you're equally at fault for escalating a situation it gets gray.  If you kill the guy with any shred of evidence that it was self defense you're good to go as long as there's no proof of any of the instigation or escalation your part.  And yes, the rest of the world says a collective "WTF" because in parts of the US you can kill people if you're afraid of getting punched.

8 minutes ago, DJL said:

If you instigate an altercation then yes.  If you're equally at fault for escalating a situation it gets gray.  If you kill the guy with any shred of evidence that it was self defense you're good to go as long as there's no proof of any of the instigation or escalation your part.  And yes, the rest of the world says a collective "WTF" because in parts of the US you can kill people if you're afraid of getting punched.

As long as you are not dark skinned that is.

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

That was 2011.

If we count mass shootings with at least 10 dead from 2011 to now, Norway has 69 dead. Which is an internationally known and shocking incident. US has close to 300 dead in 13 incidents. Without looking it up, you probably cannot name more than maybe 3 of those incidents.

Thank you for once again proving my point. Either Americans are mentally defective and cannot help murdering each other, or the easy availability of the tool has an impact. Sounds like those French you like to make fun of got it right.

It is improper training, and illegality.

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

It is improper training, and illegality.

It's also easy availability of weapons, it really is. 

When wood is hard to come by, people build with stone. When they don't have hammers, they are more likely to build with stone. Lazy thinkers use the tools at hand, and most people are lazy thinkers at some time or another.

Wendy P.

(edited)

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

It's also easy availability of weapons, it really is. 

When wood is hard to come by, people build with stone. When they don't have hammers, they are more likely to build with stone. Lazy thinkers use the tools at hand, and most people are lazy thinkers at some time or another.

Wendy P.

I was going to read this this whole post - but I already  . . .

^.^

Edited by turtlespeed
<----Added an emoticon

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

That was 2011.

If we count mass shootings with at least 10 dead from 2011 to now, Norway has 69 dead. Which is an internationally known and shocking incident. US has close to 300 dead in 13 incidents. Without looking it up, you probably cannot name more than maybe 3 of those incidents.

One thing that I thought was remarkable was how much a recent right wing gun-rights rally was bragging that there were no shootings during the rally.

America - where "not one shooting at our rally!" is a newsworthy event to be proud of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

One thing that I thought was remarkable was how much a recent right wing gun-rights rally was bragging that there were no shootings during the rally.

America - where "not one shooting at our rally!" is a newsworthy event to be proud of.

And no cars driven into crowds. Heather Heyer would have enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Wow. Your descaltion skills are amazing. Did you learn those in the military?

(edited)
17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Fringe nuts like NBC, CNN and MSNBC

Are you referring to them covering the story that white supremacists were trying to go to the rally and start shit?  Then you need to include the FBI as fringe nuts who covered it and solved the problem.

Edit: and to demostrate that here's a search for "cnn white supremacy at richmond rally"  The results are stories about the lead up story about the white supremacists who got caught, a story about why it WASN'T like Charlotesville, and of course a story from Fox about how liberal news stations wanted it to become a blood bath.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cnn+white+supremacy+at+richmond+rally&oq=cnn+white+supremacy+at+richmond+rally&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.8981j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There was ONE guy, Ben Collins, who referred to it as a white nationalist rally and he was summarily silenced and deleted the statement with an apology. 

To echo someone's previous statements why would they brag that it did not end up being a white supremacy rally with mass shootings?  That's a pretty low bar but congrats on picking up the trash afterwards.  I live a few miles away and genuinely appreciated that.

Edited by DJL