brenthutch

Climatism, the new religion

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Why does something I have diminish you?  As an old Airborn Ranger, I am not afraid or intimidated by the tools of the trade.  My question to you is; why are you afraid of and feel the need to control some inanimate pieces of composites and steel?

As ever, you miss the point entirely. No one gives a fuck what an Old Airborne Ranger is comfortable handling. Get real man, your new tools of the trade are pull up cords and flip flops. You need those ridiculous guns like you need a stick in your ear. And, because you apparently don't get the news, your inanimate pieces of composite(s) and steel, in the hands of whackos, aren't benign.

2 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:As ever, you miss the point entirely. No one gives a fuck what an Old Airborne Ranger is comfortable handling. Get real man, your new tools of the trade are pull up cords and flip flops. You need those ridiculous guns like you need a stick in your ear. 

Tell that to my two Democrat, professor neighbors, who called me when there was a bear in the neighborhood.  I assured them there was nothing to worry about  as black bears are afraid of humans.  That changed as a large male confronted a couple walking their dog, and after several bird feeders were destroyed.  Now every one in the community has me on speed dial

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

As ever, you miss the point entirely. No one gives a fuck what an Old Airborne Ranger is comfortable handling. Get real man, your new tools of the trade are pull up cords and flip flops. You need those ridiculous guns like you need a stick in your ear. And, because you apparently don't get the news, your inanimate pieces of composite(s) and steel, in the hands of whackos, aren't benign.

And by that logic - you don't need the computer you are using either.  I have personally experienced WAY  WAY WAY more whackos that aren't benign using a computer and doing harm with it.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:23 AM, kallend said:
On 1/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, Coreece said:

"Most cases of syphilis in the United States are among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men."

https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-msm-syphilis.htm

Another one of those "The USA is the world and the last few years are all of history" silly statements.

"MSM, transgender women, and sex workers are disproportionately burdened with syphilis in all regions"

"in Western Europe, the USA, and China, large increases in syphilis have been seen among key populations like men who have sex with men.

Europe

- "most cases of syphilis were observed in people older than 25 years and 58% of cases were reported among MSM."

- "The proportion of total cases of syphilis was higher among MSM (58%) than heterosexual persons (36%). Among MSM, 34% of the syphilis cases had a HIV coinfection."

More Europe (UK)

-  "data collected in sexual health clinics in England from 2005 to 2014 showed increased syphilis diagnoses among MSM and decreased syphilis diagnoses among non-MSM and women"

-  "From 2013 to 2014, cases of syphilis rose by 46% among MSM (2,375 cases to 3,477 cases)  That increase is thought to be due to high levels of condomless sex, particularly among men who are co-infected with HIV.

Just for the hell of it - Australia

-  "Overall rates of syphilis diagnoses have increased to 6.7 cases per 100,000 persons in 2012.  Among the non-indigenous population of Australia, most cases of syphilis were reported among MSM. Those rates have increased by 20% from 2008 to 2012 among men aged 30 to 49 years"

Extra Credit

- "The recent introduction of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV infection is a new tool for HIV prevention, however, with reports of high incidence of syphilis among PrEP users, clinicians and public health researchers need to stay vigilant to ensure that PrEP for HIV infection does not lead to increased syphilis transmission "

- "Because syphilitic lesions increase risk for acquiring and transmitting HIV infection, syphilis infections among MSM are of particular concern"

- "Partner treatment is an effective way to manage syphilis outbreaks among heterosexual patients . Addressing partner treatment among MSM has traditionally been more difficult, especially due to the high proportion of sexual contacts that may be anonymous and facilitated by social media."

More where that came from

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6089383/

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 11:06 AM, billvon said:
On 1/17/2020 at 11:14 PM, Coreece said:

Nobody here has made a misleading statement about homo/heterosexual women and gonorrhea, nor have they objected to your comment.

Agreed.  Nor am I claiming they did.

Ok, which is why your unwarranted assumption about how your comment on gonorrhea makes me feel all "sad and depressed" just doesn't follow, and is apropos to nothing other than your own glaringly obvious projection.

You seem very angry over something I didn't claim.

Again, this is just more projection on your part.  I simply posted some facts and let them speak for themselves in response to a misleading claim, so there is no reason for any anger, yet here you are getting all bent out of shape over it. 

Actually, oppression can make the problem worse. 

Yes, in some cases it definitely can.  When people preach that it's a "lifestyle" rather than lack of precautions that causes STD's, people get sick and die.

I said nothing about a "lifestyle."  This is just another example of you using my posts as a grindstone to sharpen your axe, dulled by somebody else's post from four pages ago. You said you weren't going to do that anymore. 

. . .and then on top of all that, you have the gall to say that I’m the one that’s angry over a claim you didn't make?  C’mon man.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Tell that to my two Democrat, professor neighbors, who called me when there was a bear in the neighborhood.  I assured them there was nothing to worry about  as black bears are afraid of humans.  That changed as a large male confronted a couple walking their dog, and after several bird feeders were destroyed.  Now every one in the community has me on speed dial

Brent to the imaginary rescue! Did you kill it? Were you wearing Camo and SF Ski Goggles? Was everyone impressed with the barrel vents on your Go Gettum Cowboy Mark 32 pretend assault weapon? Have you ever even shot a bear?

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

And by that logic - you don't need the computer you are using either.  I have personally experienced WAY  WAY WAY more whackos that aren't benign using a computer and doing harm with it.

Turtle, you need to post less and think more. Guns don't equal Computers. 

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That changed as a large male confronted a couple walking their dog, and after several bird feeders were destroyed.  Now every one in the community has me on speed dial

Hmmm. Here, they just don't allow people to leave bird feeders out because of the bears. And yes, sometimes they get destroyed anyway. Ours did, in December -- turns out that bears don't necessarily hibernate, just mostly sleep. A juvenile has been wandering the neighborhood in the snow. But we don't shoot them, we just accept that they belong here first, and make some adaptations of our own.

Wendy P.

I didn't shoot the bear, or even offer to shoot the bear.  I like bears, I haven't shot an animal in thirty years. I don't have a bird feeder and I don't keep dog food in the garage.  All I am saying is that if my wife, children, neighbors or dog were threatened by an aggressive bear, I would like to have something more than a PETA bumper sticker to fend it off.

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Brent to the imaginary rescue! Did you kill it? Were you wearing Camo and SF Ski Goggles? Was everyone impressed with the barrel vents on your Go Gettum Cowboy Mark 32 pretend assault weapon? Have you ever even shot a bear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo&feature=share

I killed it with a YZ-28 barrel shroud. (Two letters followed by a two digit number, oooh very scary)

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Tell that to my two Democrat, professor neighbors, who called me when there was a bear in the neighborhood.

Were they hugging each other and whimpering in the manner of sissified "Democrat, professor neighbors" everywhere? 

Good idea with the shroud. You wouldn't want the muzzle flash scaring the miserable bastard away whilst you were uselessly pumping .22 caliber bullets into his ass.

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Turtle, you need to post less and think more. Guns don't equal Computers. 

Correct - They are not equal, yet they are similar in a lot of ways.

However - they are not "Equal" in a similar way that a spring assisted knife doesn't equal a screw driver. 

1) Both have metal parts

2) Both have plastic or composite parts

3) Neither can be fabricated without machinery

4) They both have a wide range of uses

5) They both have a wide range of cost

6) Both can be used to do harm to another individual

7) They both come in a box and usually require some assembly.

8) Both must be operated or set up to operate by a human with intention.

9) They are both inanimate objects.

10) Neither can do harm unless a human purchases and assembles them.

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Correct - They are not equal, yet they are similar in a lot of ways.

However - they are not "Equal" in a similar way that a spring assisted knife doesn't equal a screw driver. 

1) Both have metal parts

2) Both have plastic or composite parts

3) Neither can be fabricated without machinery

4) They both have a wide range of uses

5) They both have a wide range of cost

6) Both can be used to do harm to another individual

7) They both come in a box and usually require some assembly.

8) Both must be operated or set up to operate by a human with intention.

9) They are both inanimate objects.

10) Neither can do harm unless a human purchases and assembles them.

Both have not yet floated away from the surface of Planet Earth, too.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Both have not yet floated away from the surface of Planet Earth, too.

Some have -  Computers and Screwdrivers are in space as we type this.

Some of those computers control weapons much bigger that a rifle.

In the case of everything else mentioned, it would take acceleration to escape velocity, also intent by humans to accomplish it.

Edited by turtlespeed

11 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That is why I showed restraint and only shared a fraction of my collection.  I do apologize as it seemed to crash the website for the better part of today.

I trust you have a license for those firearms.

54 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Some have -  Computers and Screwdrivers are in space as we type this.

Some of those computers control weapons much bigger that a rifle.

In the case of everything else mentioned, it would take acceleration to escape velocity, also intent by humans to accomplish it.

Continue editing. Only 44 words left to delete.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I didn't shoot the bear, or even offer to shoot the bear.  I like bears, I haven't shot an animal in thirty years. I don't have a bird feeder and I don't keep dog food in the garage.  All I am saying is that if my wife, children, neighbors or dog were threatened by an aggressive bear, I would like to have something more than a PETA bumper sticker to fend it off.

Corporal Corpulent reporting for duty, Sir! Ready to shoot my ear off, Sir! Right away, Sir! Thank you, Sir! Anything you say, Sir! And may I say, sir, it's a pleasure serving with you, Sir!

Corporal Corpulent.png

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I trust you have a license for those firearms.

That reminds me of the time I was in the airport in Frankfort Germany.  There was a Japanese couple trying to talk to a German customs official in English.  I understood the heavily accented English on both ends but they couldn’t understand each other, so I translated from German and Japanese accented English to American accented English and they each understood me.  
If it was a Scottish couple I wouldn’t have been able to help:p

54 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Sorry Gowlerk, I didn’t mean to “trigger” you;P

You'll need to do better than you have ever done here to get under my skin. Bragging and pics of your armory in public just shows your weakness and foolishness. If someone comes for them while you sleep you won't reach them in time. Discretion is the better part of valour.

15 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You'll need to do better than you have ever done here to get under my skin. Bragging and pics of your armory in public just shows your weakness and foolishness. If someone comes for them while you sleep you won't reach them in time. Discretion is the better part of valour.

That really depends on preparation.

I see where your assumptions might lead you to that belief though.