brenthutch

Climatism, the new religion

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

You are at a gas station in NJ, there are two pumps, one is attended by a neo-nazi/clansman-homophobic misogynist and the other pump is being manned (couldn't help myself) by Rachael Maddow.

At the first pump you will get your tank filled, your windows cleaned, your fluid levels checked and topped off and your tire pressure checked. 

As long as you are a white straight man.  In the car behind you, they are beating the crap out of a black woman for daring to show her face at the white pumps.  But as long as you get a full tank and your tire pressure checked, not your problem, right?

On 1/13/2020 at 2:23 AM, Coreece said:

"Most cases of syphilis in the United States are among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men."

Fun fact - gay women have a lower rate of gonorrhea cases than straight couples.

Let's hope, for the sake of women and children everywhere, that straight women abandon their risky, disease-prone lifestyles.  There's more to life than meaningless sexual satisfaction.

23 minutes ago, billvon said:

Fun fact - gay women have a lower rate of gonorrhea cases than straight couples.

Let's hope, for the sake of women and children everywhere, that straight women abandon their risky, disease-prone lifestyles.  There's more to life than meaningless sexual satisfaction.

Why do you have a problem with straight people?

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

As long as you are a white straight man.  In the car behind you, they are beating the crap out of a black woman for daring to show her face at the white pumps.  But as long as you get a full tank and your tire pressure checked, not your problem, right?

al·le·go·ry
/ˈaləˌɡôrē/
noun
noun: allegory; plural noun: allegories
  1. a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

al·le·go·ry
/ˈaləˌɡôrē/
noun
  1. a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.

Correct, Billvon just used an allegory to uncover the hidden side of your stated position. Well done for recognising it. Have a cookie.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

al·le·go·ry
/ˈaləˌɡôrē/
noun

Yep.  Allegory indeed - in both cases.  

Meanwhile if you prefer examples from reality:

=================

On August 12, 2017, a car was deliberately driven into a crowd of people who had been peacefully protesting the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing one and injuring 28. The driver of the car, 20-year-old James Alex Fields Jr., had driven from Ohio to attend the rally.  Fields previously espoused neo-Nazi and white supremacist beliefs. He was convicted in a state court of hit and run, the first-degree murder of 32-year-old Heather Heyer, and eight counts of malicious wounding, and sentenced to life in prison with an additional 419 years in July 2019.  He also pled guilty to 29 of 30 federal hate crime charges to avoid the death penalty, which also resulted in another life sentence handed down in June 2019.

===============

A fourth man was found guilty Friday of brutally attacking a 20-year-old African American man in a city parking garage during the deadly “Unite the Right” white nationalist rally in 2017.

Tyler Watkins Davis, 50, of Middleburg, Fla., once a member of a white nationalist group, the League of the South, entered an Alford plea in Charlottesville Circuit Court on a malicious wounding charge. The Alford plea acknowledged that prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him in the assault on DeAndre Harris, a former special education instructional assistant.

=================

On 1/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, Coreece said:
On 1/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, kallend said:

I suspect that far more people have picked up syphilis, etc, from heterosexual encounters.

"Most cases of syphilis in the United States are among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men."

https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-msm-syphilis.htm

6 hours ago, billvon said:

That has nothing to do with Kallend's misleading statement about syphilis.

. . .and I know what you're thinking, "progressives/liberals/democrats like me and Kallend get away with misleading statements all the time here in SC, why single out this one?"

Well because Bill, it promotes a false sense of security among the homosexual community - but it's ok, I know you guys aren't really trying to mislead homosexuals. . .just conservatives.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:38 AM, JoeWeber said:
On 1/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, Coreece said:

https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-msm-syphilis.htm

If that's true, and I'll trust your word

Those aren't my words, just facts from the CDC.

Here are more stats that Billvon apparently thinks are "fun facts" :

"Even though men who have sex with men (MSM) account for only 4% of the U.S. male population, they account for about two thirds of reported P&S syphilis cases. The current situation is stark— reported syphilis among MSM increased 52% from 2014 to 2018."

https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/CTAmsm.htm

47 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Well because Bill, it promotes a false sense of security among the homosexual community - but it's ok, I know you guys aren't really trying to mislead homosexuals. . .just conservatives.

False sense of security?   There's no security here.  Gay women have a lower rate of gonorrhea than straight couples - but it certainly isn't zero.  If that fact makes you sad, sorry about that - facts can be depressing.

Unlike conservatives, I think the best way to fight STD's are through being careful about safe sex - not by attacking and oppressing a segment of society that you find disgusting.  Or by preventing kids from getting the information they need about safe sex.  Or by labeling the problem the "gay lifestyle."  Especially since, in this case, the gay lifestyle is a very good way to reduce your odds of gonorrhea.

(Indeed, ironic that you'd be complaining about a false sense of security while you are pushing a more risky lifestyle, at least from the point of view of risk of gonorrhea.)

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Gay women have a lower rate of gonorrhea than straight couples - but it certainly isn't zero.  If that fact makes you sad, sorry about that - facts can be depressing.

Nobody here has made a misleading statement about homo/heterosexual women and gonorrhea, nor have they objected to your comment.

Kallend on the other hand HAS made a misleading statement about homo/heterosexuals and Syphilis.  I simply corrected it with facts, facts that apparently make you feel sad and depressed.  I honestly don't think there's ever been a more conspicuous example of projection in the history of this forum than what you've just displayed here.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I think the best way to fight STD's are through being careful about safe sex - not by attacking and oppressing

Actually, oppression can make the problem worse.  Odd that you would think it's oppressive to attack falsehoods with facts that actually identify the problem, but it's ok - it's probably just some personal shit you have going on that really has nothing to do with me.

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

Our relationship with homosexuals is none of your business.

That's ok, I wasn't asking you. But Turtlespeed chose, entirely of his own accord, to bring his relationship with homosexuals into the public conversation. It's fair game.

23 hours ago, brenthutch said:

With regard to the climate, I just laugh at you guys who think they are going to "SAVE THE PLANET" by driving a golf cart, going vegan, putting up solar panels and banning plastic straws.

So true. And who could argue that the several great Oceanic Garbage Gyres that are filled with all manner of plastic throw aways aren't made even funnier by plastic straws.

My position on the second amendment is in alignment with the current law of the land.  Again just WHO is indoctrinated?

Fine. You have finally owned the truth: your position is in alignment with the current interpretation of the second amendment. That means, obviously, that you agree the second amendment is open to interpretation. You fucked up, Doc.

The gay thing is not worth even addressing.

Another piercing insight into your world view. That's not only a puerile deflection it's how you think.

The great thing about internet forums is that it is all in writing. If you can just keep someone defending their positions they'll eventually step in it. 

11 hours ago, Coreece said:

Nobody here has made a misleading statement about homo/heterosexual women and gonorrhea, nor have they objected to your comment.

Agreed.  Nor am I claiming they did.  You seem very angry over something I didn't claim.  You can get angry over whatever you like, of course.  It's your life.

Actually, oppression can make the problem worse. 

Yes, in some cases it definitely can.  When people preach that it's a "lifestyle" rather than lack of precautions that causes STD's, people get sick and die.

(edited)
7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Fine. You have finally owned the truth: your position is in alignment with the current interpretation of the second amendment. That means, obviously, that you agree the second amendment is open to interpretation. You fucked up, Doc.

How so?  I am just saying, that as we sit here today, my views are mainstream and your position is radically outside of American jurisprudence.  And your notion that I thought the Constitution cannot be reinterpreted is just nonsense.  Please google Plessy v Ferguson and Brown v Board of Education for an example. 

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

How so?  I am just saying, that as we sit here today, my views are mainstream and your position is radically outside of American jurisprudence.  And your notion that I thought the Constitution cannot be reinterpreted is just nonsense.  Please google Plessy v Ferguson and Brown v Board of Education for an example. 

Scalia's tortured logic to arrive at Heller which effectively turns any two hobo's leaning against the same lamppost into militia members with the right to own any weapon available now or a million years from now is not mainstream. Nor is a single Supreme Court decision the sum total of American Jurisprudence.

Don't make such arguments. That AEON guy may think you're a simpleton but I know you aren't, not by a long shot. For you Heller is as the pleasing aroma of roses. Enjoy it while is persists. To me it's just a nasty fart at 6 Grand that will go away as soon as someone opens the door. 

22 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

What the fuck use are those prized possessions? Do you really think you are cool for having that collection of short dick toy's? Enjoy your bang bang fantasy life, Brent. 

Nothing wrong with owning them. Posting pics on social media is nothing short of,......well that's a word that I should not use because it would probably be called a PA.

(edited)
23 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

What the fuck use are those prized possessions? Do you really think you are cool for having that collection of short dick toy's? Enjoy your bang bang fantasy life, Brent. 

Why does something I have diminish you?  As an old Airborn Ranger, I am not afraid or intimidated by the tools of the trade.  My question to you is; why are you afraid of and feel the need to control some inanimate pieces of composites and steel?

Edited by brenthutch

54 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Nothing wrong with owning them. Posting pics on social media is nothing short of,......well that's a word that I should not use because it would probably be called a PA.

That is why I showed restraint and only shared a fraction of my collection.  I do apologize as it seemed to crash the website for the better part of today.