brenthutch

Climatism, the new religion

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Then you must believe that being homosexual is a choice. Hasn't that been debunked enough?

I know a lot of people generally accept that as fact.

I also know that a lot of people accept the idea that there is a God as fact.

All I know for sure, is that I don't know.

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

Half the population has an IQ below 100. Doesn't mean you have to follow them.

29 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I disagree with some of the lifestyle choices made that generally are the cause of popular stereotyping.

I look at it along the same lines as I imagine you view partitioners of a church, Synagogue, or other place of worship.

Again, what is it about their "lifesyle" that you disagree with. Is it anything other than the type of sex they have? And why can't you just say so?

(edited)
13 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Absolutely I do - You made an assumption, and asked a loaded question.

I cannot answer that.

I will continue to make an assumption that there is some reason you will not identify the "lifestyle choices" you disagree with. All the gay people I know have lifestyles that are similar to the straight people I know. Except that they live as same sex couples. Other than that they seem to me to live the same way as everyone else. There is only one "lifestyle choice" that is different. Therefore I will simply have to believe that is the one you object to. And you would not be alone. Thankfully this is changing, and probably even you are beginning to realize that it is really none of your business, and it harms no one. Old habits die hard. I'm 62 years old. I too was taught to hate gay people from a young age. Before I even knew what it meant. I changed and so are you changing.

Edited by gowlerk

Turtle, the term "lifestyle choice" was code among the evangelicals that I worked with for "gay sex (especially among men) because it's in the Leviticus." I know you're not evangelical (or at least I think you've said you're not), so if you're using a terminology that's often used that way, it's reasonable for people to think you're objecting to the same thing. 

And hating homosexuality because it's called out in Leviticus is kind of homophobic; after all, most of the evangelicals I worked with enjoyed shrimp, trimmed their facial hair, and were perfectly willing to eat cheeseburgers...

Wendy P.

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

"People are saying. . . . . . ."

Very Trumpy.

14 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I think you are assuming that anyone that doesn't agree with Homosexuality has a dislike of Homosexuals. 

Nope.  If someone doesn't like homosexuality, but has no problems letting homosexuals have the same rights everyone else does, and holds no prejudice against them for that, then they are not homophobic.  I don't like pot, and I think smoking laws to protect people from secondhand smoke make sense, but I have no problem with someone else who decides to smoke it.

I do not dislike homosexuals.  I hold no predudice against them.  I would not willingly engage in homosexual acts.  That does not put me in the homophobe box.

Agreed!

I do not agree with their lifestyle. 

What does that mean?  You don't want to be gay?  No worries.  You treat gay people differently because of their lifestyle, so you can be sure you are not "supporting" it or them?  Then that's a bit bigoted.

As an example, if you disagreed with the "black lifestyle" and that meant you didn't want to associate with black people, or treated them differently, that would be a bit racist.

Im curious - why change the general most accepted use/definition of a phobia though?  Is it laziness, or was changing the definition of "Homophobia" to include a simple disagreement with, because it is more sensational, outrageous, and biting?

Same reason hydrophobia means rabies, and hydrophobic means water-repellent.  Words change meaning with time.

(edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 11:31 PM, brenthutch said:

Or don't let a dude stick his penis up your butt if you are a dude.  A simple behavioral modification.

If engaging with assholes for pleasure make someone gay, I guess I am now.

Edited by JoeWeber
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Turtle, the term "lifestyle choice" was code among the evangelicals that I worked with for "gay sex (especially among men) because it's in the Leviticus." I know you're not evangelical (or at least I think you've said you're not), so if you're using a terminology that's often used that way, it's reasonable for people to think you're objecting to the same thing. 

And hating homosexuality because it's called out in Leviticus is kind of homophobic; after all, most of the evangelicals I worked with enjoyed shrimp, trimmed their facial hair, and were perfectly willing to eat cheeseburgers...

Wendy P.

I don't disagree with any of that.

And again - disagreeing with something doesn't equal hate.

(edited)
11 hours ago, billvon said:
On 1/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, turtlespeed said:

I think you are assuming that anyone that doesn't agree with Homosexuality has a dislike of Homosexuals. 

Nope.  If someone doesn't like homosexuality, but has no problems letting homosexuals have the same rights everyone else does, and holds no prejudice against them for that, then they are not homophobic.  I don't like pot, and I think smoking laws to protect people from secondhand smoke make sense, but I have no problem with someone else who decides to smoke it.

Then we are in agreement 100%

11 hours ago, billvon said:

As an example, if you disagreed with the "black lifestyle" and that meant you didn't want to associate with black people, or treated them differently, that would be a bit racist.

What is  "Black Lifestyle" that you refer to?

Edited by turtlespeed

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:
On 12/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, brenthutch said:

Or don't let a dude stick his penis up your butt if you are a dude.  A simple behavioral modification.

If engaging with assholes for pleasure make someone gay, I guess I am now.

Whoah - 

Nicely disguised personal attack.

Actually, No.  No it wasn't, not really.

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Whoah - 

Nicely disguised personal attack.

Actually, No.  No it wasn't, not really.

It was awesome. Better than any of your posts. Short and to the point. And a real joke. He turned brenthutch's lame homophobe attack into a funny. And it was phrased so that it was at his own expense. Take a lesson.

18 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It was awesome. Better than any of your posts. Short and to the point. And a real joke. He turned brenthutch's lame homophobe attack into a funny. And it was phrased so that it was at his own expense. Take a lesson.

So - what you are directing me to do is to learn to better post personal attacks.  Gotcha.

• Like 1