1 1
JoeWeber

Putin worship

51 minutes ago, jakee said:

I think the problem is that to Ron the only truth is biblical truth. Reality is malleable. 

Ron views religion as an absolute, and the physical world as a belief system. If you believe in Q, then Q is real. If you believe the Clintons use their foundation to pay assassins to kill their political enemies then that’s what they do. If you believe in the Republican message, then the Republicans can do no wrong.

I view God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit as absolute. Religion is a belief system.

11 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Do they have the right to vote?

INDEED,  and under our system a hillbilly with a grade 6 reading level living in rural West Virginia has more say in electing the  president than two Nobel Prize winning economists living in  Texas.

13 minutes ago, kallend said:

INDEED,  and under our system a hillbilly with a grade 6 reading level living in rural West Virginia has more say in electing the  president than two Nobel Prize winning economists living in  Texas.

And a Nobel Prize winning economist living in WV has more say than two hillbillys in Texas. The problem as I see it has nothing to do with who has the right to vote or how the votes are weighted in favour of less populated States. The problem is low turnout and low motivation coupled with and partially caused by deliberate suppression of voting. 54.9 percent voted in 2016, 55.5 in 2012. That small difference probably gave Trump the presidency.

And by the way, a college graduate is more than twice as likely to vote as someone with less than a grade twelve education.

Edited by gowlerk

17 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

My error. How would you patiently explain the truth to these folks? How would you reach them?

Education. 

Teach them concepts like healthy skepticism, critical thinking and objectivity.

Teach them how to judge sources and see what biases are in the information they are given. 
Teach them how to evaluate information and how to spot a con. 

While I'm dreaming, the idea of teaching that prejudice is wrong, that people who believe differently are simply different, not necessarily wrong, and that someone who has lied repeatedly in the past is likely lying now would be nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Kiosks staffed by cute young atheists in front of every Chick-fil-A.

Q is cheaper and more effective. That is based on your analysis of Q.

The QAnons, however, are smarter and the patriots are in control. Well, it seems to me they are. We will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

The QAnons, however, are smarter and the patriots are in control. Well, it seems to me they are. We will have to wait and see.

Patriots are doing their best to remove those in control because of their treasonous acts.

Those in control are placing a preference on dictators and communists and their own greed than they are with the constitution and the citizens.

Is your jebus a communist? A dictator? Now I have yet another reason to refute religion it seems.

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Come on, man. Open your eyes, Jesus is in control. Q is in control. SHTF. We must wait for the rapture. We must wait for next Wednesday. Have faith. Believe. Drown out the naysayers. Dude, your brain is overly predisposed to blind acceptance. When you're driving at night and you are looking at headlights that means you're in the wrong lane not that the world is mysterious. Stop accepting things, question things.

8 hours ago, normiss said:

Patriots are doing their best to remove those in control because of their treasonous acts.

Those in control are placing a preference on dictators and communists and their own greed than they are with the constitution and the citizens.

Is your jebus a communist? A dictator? Now I have yet another reason to refute religion it seems.

I believe I understand why you would take that position. I see it differently. 

We both see what we believe is there. And, we believe it is there because we want it there.

"Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle. Thank God I'm a country boy."

The only true constant in life is God; redemption through Jesus Christ, and guidance by the Holy Spirit. All Three in One.

6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Come on, man. Open your eyes, Jesus is in control. Q is in control. SHTF. We must wait for the rapture. We must wait for next Wednesday. Have faith. Believe. Drown out the naysayers. Dude, your brain is overly predisposed to blind acceptance. When you're driving at night and you are looking at headlights that means you're in the wrong lane not that the world is mysterious. Stop accepting things, question things.

Don't confuse spiritual reality with physical reality or political reality. Each perspective has its own set of rules and values. 

What happens when these worlds overlap?

8 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I believe I understand why you would take that position. I see it differently. 

We both see what we believe is there. And, we believe it is there because we want it there.

"Life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle. Thank God I'm a country boy."

The only true constant in life is God; redemption through Jesus Christ, and guidance by the Holy Spirit. All Three in One.

Factual evidence exists, but I realize that isn't the way you see anything.

Russia's efforts to destroy America must be your religious perspective of SHTF, end of times nonsense I suppose.

Seems odd, especially for a Veteran who considers himself a patriot.

16 hours ago, normiss said:

Factual evidence exists, but I realize that isn't the way you see anything.

Russia's efforts to destroy America must be your religious perspective of SHTF, end of times nonsense I suppose.

Seems odd, especially for a Veteran who considers himself a patriot.

Right now I do not fear Russia. I fear the Liberal Democrats. I do have faith that we will overcome, at least for the next five years.

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Right now I do not fear Russia. I fear the Liberal Democrats. I do have faith that we will overcome, at least for the next five years.

While McConnell flat out commits to refusing to uphold the oath he took and the Constitutional requirements he is upheld to.

Makes sense.

While McConnell flat out commits to refusing to uphold the oath he took and the Constitutional requirements he is upheld to.

Makes sense.

Makes sense.

Edited by normiss
WTF

7 minutes ago, normiss said:

Makes sense.

Since the articles have made it to, or rather will make it to the senate, he needs to do his job, and hear them as it should be for anything that has come to the senate.

BUT . . . I wonder what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.

Do you really believe that Pelosi, in Mcconnell's position would do any different?

Honestly?