1 1
JoeWeber

Putin worship

Well, remember, it's always possible to say that something really started at (x) time because of some insignificant, tangential, event.

Predicting the apocalypse is kind of likely to be wrong. Predicting the start of the downfall of anything is pretty likely to be true, simply because nothing lasts forever.

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, Skwrl said:

But what if the OIG report doesn't do that?  Will Q move the goalposts again?  You might want to get these, because the Q followers keep having to move them and it's a lot easier with wheels.

But seriously, I'm curious... the leaks I've read is that the OIG report will definitely identify a few missteps by FBI, but probably not enough to rise to the level of the persecution that the Administration has been claiming, and definitely nothing that supports the Q narrative...   

So, for the sake of conversation, humor me and imagine that is all it says...

What then?  Will you say, "oh, another report [to be decided which one] is coming?"  Or will you actually question whether the whole Q narrative is based in reality?  At what point would all the failed predictions start to make you question if you've been duped?

Actually, I figured out that I was being duped about 16 years ago when I started posting here in the SC.

So it goes. 

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

A thought....

Between 1959 and 1975 were the Viet Cong insurgents or patriots?

Some say the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is whether or not they win.  I disagree as a blanket statement, but it can be the case.  When we have servicemen like Eddie Gallagher who indiscriminately fire on civilians and execute war prisoners, we become terrorists by proxy, especially when those bad actors are not held accountable.  It is the professionalism that an insurgency or military group operates with that determines the label cast on them.  I was not alive during the Vietnam era, but my understanding is that we operated in a less-than-noble fashion in many instances - raping and slaughtering innocent people.  Not all by any means, and not even a lot.  But all it takes to lose the moral battle is one verified rumor of terroristic tactics.  This is why "enhanced interrogation" was so problematic during the Bush2 regime.  Sorry this bounced around a little; it's nuanced and complex in nature.

17 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I was asked to give my opinion and I did. Then it was called bullshit and that I should be in a mental institution.

Ya, I thought that was a bit uncalled for.  While your descriptive post may have not been representative of most democrats, or even a lot of liberals, I wouldn't say that it was a far-fetched representation of the far-left.  They're just not as organized and artless as the far right, so it's a bit harder to put a finger on them.

22 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

A thought....

Between 1959 and 1975 were the Viet Cong insurgents or patriots?

Both?

They were fighting to reunite their divided country. A country that was divided by the US & Russia after the end of WW2, similar to Korea and Germany.

I know you watched Ken Burns' documentary on PBS. It was abundantly clear from the interviews of the VC & NVA that they felt they were doing the 'right thing'. 

Let me throw this one at you (and I will admit from the beginning that it's a trick question):

Let's say there is a country, where the leader is a despot. "Freely' elected (the only candidate on the ballot). But he has a lot of support from the people. Mostly people of his tribe, those who benefit from his rule, those who hold power in the country, but support none the less.

A much larger and more powerful country accuses this country of various crimes. Because of totally unrelated events, the populace of the larger country gets behind the leaders and calls for an invasion. Those accusations are complete and total fabrications. 

The larger country invades, takes over and installs a government of it's choosing (a puppet state, if you will). They hunt down the leader, hold a show trial and execute him.

Many of the citizens, mainly those who held some sort of power in the old administration, fight back against the invaders. The puppet government is fairly corrupt and inept. The fight continues for several years. 

Are those citizens (natural born citizens of the country, many from families that have been there for centuries) who fight against the soldiers of the country who lied to justify the invasion, who stand up and die in a futile attempt to wrest control of their own country from and invader who based their attack on claims that were provably false, are those fighters 'patriots' or 'insurgents'.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, RonD1120 said:

Another excellent post, thanks.

We are all mad. I was asked to give my opinion and I did. Then it was called bullshit and that I should be in a mental institution. OK!

I believe that next Wed, 9 Dec, will be the beginning of the chain of events that will be dynamic, far-reaching and life-changing. I may be wrong. Let us wait and see.

Life changing indeed, two days lost from the calendar. Wednesday is Dec 11.

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I knew someone would catch that. I was thinking about payday. My eagle poops on Wed.

Did you? Bull Fucking Shit. Inexactness is as much of what you post as is your crazy Q crap. Counselor, you need to drive down the long and winding road to America, go into a Ronald Reagan mandated to be paid for by liberal states emergency room and ask for some help.

Skydiving being the exception, it's never too late to make the right decision.

(edited)
On 12/6/2019 at 8:58 AM, RonD1120 said:

Another excellent post, thanks.

We are all mad. I was asked to give my opinion and I did. Then it was called bullshit and that I should be in a mental institution. OK!

I believe that next Wed, 9 Dec, will be the beginning of the chain of events that will be dynamic, far-reaching and life-changing. I may be wrong. Let us wait and see.

Oh, hey Ron!  Here's that IG report you were talking about.    The one that was going to be dynamic, far-reaching and life changing!  

It's... well, it's long, and I'm still skimming it, but I'm gonna say not really all that life changing.  

Let's see...  It looks like they concluded the investigation of Russian meddling itself was authorized (page 345). It looks like they identified a bunch of procedural and administrative screw ups at FBI in connection with the FISA warrants for the Russia investigation, though, and they make a few recommendations for new training and policies.  Part of the conclusion says: "Finally, we also found no documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced the FBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact with Trump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation."

I'm still reading it, but I couldn't find any evidence presented of a deep state pedo Satanist cabal (whether including the Illuminati, lizard people, or just "regular").  

In fact... I'd say that there's not much to back Q up at all in it.    Maybe you can explain using your decoder ring how to find the secret message.  Oh, I bet I know what it is - I bet it's that if you select a bunch of capital letters from the report, you can make them spell "HILLARY WILL BE EXECUTED", so long as you re-arrange the letters and ignore all the letters that don't say that.

Bet you wished you got the goalposts with the wheels on them, right?  

Edited by Skwrl
Added content. Still no evidence of Q. Quelle surprise!
  • Like 1

(edited)
On 12/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, yobnoc said:

Some say the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is whether or not they win.  I disagree as a blanket statement, but it can be the case.  When we have servicemen like Eddie Gallagher who indiscriminately fire on civilians and execute war prisoners, we become terrorists by proxy, especially when those bad actors are not held accountable.  It is the professionalism that an insurgency or military group operates with that determines the label cast on them.  I was not alive during the Vietnam era, but my understanding is that we operated in a less-than-noble fashion in many instances - raping and slaughtering innocent people. 

1 factor I think is whether these atrocities are a matter of policy or performed by soldiers acting outside of their rules of engagement

Edited by Rick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

That is a good point. It might as well be policy if it is not punished.

It is if course in the nature of military forces to be aggressive. And it's no wonder that self control is not perfect. I feel that American forces are among the most disciplined in the world, but mistakes and excesses will still happen. When the command structure fails to act or acts inappropriately it becomes a leadership problem. Trump is a leadership problem. But it is not very different than the Bush administration deciding that they could do waterboarding because somehow it's not torture when God is on your side. 

45 minutes ago, Rick said:

1 factor I think is whether these atrocities are a matter of policy or performed by soldiers acting outside of their rules of engagement

Doesn't matter. If atrocities fall within the rules of engagement then the rules of engagement are illegal, and we all collectively decided 70+ years ago that "I was just following orders" is not a permissable defence.

1 hour ago, Skwrl said:

Oh, hey Ron!  Here's that IG report you were talking about.    The one that was going to be dynamic, far-reaching and life changing!  

It's... well, it's long, and I'm still skimming it, but I'm gonna say not really all that life changing.  

Let's see...  It looks like they concluded the investigation of Russian meddling itself was authorized (page 345). It looks like they identified a bunch of procedural and administrative screw ups at FBI in connection with the FISA warrants for the Russia investigation, though, and they make a few recommendations for new training and policies.  Part of the conclusion says: "Finally, we also found no documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced the FBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact with Trump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation."

I'm still reading it, but I couldn't find any evidence presented of a deep state pedo Satanist cabal (whether including the Illuminati, lizard people, or just "regular").  

In fact... I'd say that there's not much to back Q up at all in it.    Maybe you can explain using your decoder ring how to find the secret message.  Oh, I bet I know what it is - I bet it's that if you select a bunch of capital letters from the report, you can make them spell "HILLARY WILL BE EXECUTED", so long as you re-arrange the letters and ignore all the letters that don't say that.

Bet you wished you got the goalposts with the wheels on them, right?  

I will continue to sit and wait. This is step one. Maybe you're right and it will be nothing. It is a report.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-trump-russia-inspector-general-20191209-20191209-4diljoqvm5egfohij3iak63eve-story.html

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I will continue to sit and wait. This is step one. Maybe you're right and it will be nothing. It is a report.

Now you're like Sergeant Shultz in Hogan's Hero's:  I know nothing! But Colonel Klink, it's only a report! Nothing is in reports. Why would anyone put information in a report? No! That's what Fox and Friends and OANN are for! So now we wait. And sit. Q works in mysterious ways. Have faith. And know nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Now you're like Sergeant Shultz in Hogan's Hero's:  I know nothing! But Colonel Klink, it's only a report! Nothing is in reports. Why would anyone put information in a report? No! That's what Fox and Friends and OANN are for! So now we wait. And sit. Q works in mysterious ways. Have faith. And know nothing.

The cognitive dissonance of believing so firmly in something and then having the blunt truth contradict that is very difficult.  It's human nature. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yobnoc said:

The cognitive dissonance of believing so firmly in something and then having the blunt truth contradict that is very difficult.  It's human nature. 

No problem. Barr and company are working up a far better report to replace the factual one.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, yobnoc said:

There’s a really interesting book from the 1950s called “When Prophecy Fails”.  It goes into cult predictions and how, if certain other conditions are met, cult members actually tend to *double down* on the predictions - rather than back off or admit they were wrong - when given overwhelming evidence that the prophecy is false. A lot of it, the theory goes, is rooted in cognitive dissonance.  So I guess my point is that I’m not surprised at all that Ron is still believing despite all the evidence.  Can't let go now!  According to the book, he’ll likely hold onto the belief for years, just not push it as much on “outsiders” like us, and might just replace it with a new theory about how Q was right all along and we just didn’t understand it (maybe the predictions will become metaphors, maybe the story will get “ret conn’ed”, or whatever). I guess we’ll see. 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.  

Edited by Skwrl
Typo.