2 2
JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

On 7/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

It seems to me that every day, I read where Trump is battling/bitching about someone.

Hi folks,

I'm thinking he just likes battling with whomever:  https://www.npr.org/2019/08/07/748848662/trump-heads-to-el-paso-and-dayton-amid-skepticism-from-local-leaders

'Trump Blasts Dayton Leaders For 'Misrepresenting' His Visit While Flying To El Paso'

He's in a battle with them even before he gets there.

Jerry Baumchen

Some funny bits in the news:

At a recent rally a camera accidentally captured a bunch of empty seats behind Trump.  Trump became very upset!  No one was supposed to see that; it sort of crushes his narrative about how popular he is.

And it turns out there's a reason some of his rallies are full - people get paid to stand there.  

==========================

The choice for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant in Beaver County was clear Tuesday: Either stand in a giant hall waiting for President Donald Trump to speak or take the day off with no pay.

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” said the rules that one contractor relayed to employees, summarizing points from a memo that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those who showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their ID cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” a supervisor for that contractor wrote.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2019/08/16/Trump-speech-union-crowd-Shell-ethane-plant-natural-gas-beaver-county-pennsylvania-attendance-pay-overtime/stories/201908160113

===========================

Ex- Tea Partier, Trump supporter and former GOP Congressman Joe Walsh  said President Trump needs a primary challenger for 2020 or else the party will get wiped out. Walsh said he wants to "apologize for the role that I played in putting an unfit conman in the White House."

"This guy in the White House is a disaster for the party and the country.  If Republicans don’t stand up right now... we're going to get wiped out in 2020."

It's a bit late for apologies.  The damage he and his ilk did will last for decades. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Ex- Tea Partier, Trump supporter and former GOP Congressman Joe Walsh  said President Trump needs a primary challenger for 2020 or else the party will get wiped out. Walsh said he wants to "apologize for the role that I played in putting an unfit conman in the White House."

"This guy in the White House is a disaster for the party and the country.  If Republicans don’t stand up right now... we're going to get wiped out in 2020."

It's a bit late for apologies.  The damage he and his ilk did will last for decades. 

Never gonna happen.  They didn't have the stones or political weight to Primary him when he was the candidate, they'll never do it with him sitting in the oval office.  He would punish them every day until the inauguration.

1 minute ago, DJL said:

Never gonna happen.  They didn't have the stones or political weight to Primary him when he was the candidate, they'll never do it with him sitting in the oval office.  He would punish them every day until the inauguration.

It's a bad time to be a R office holder. Probably a third of them genuinely support Trumpism, and will go down with the ship willingly. The rest have to choose between doing the right thing and being cast out in the primaries by the 1/3 of the population who carry the "deplorable" gene, or just walking away and giving up their ideals.

44 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It's a bad time to be a R office holder. Probably a third of them genuinely support Trumpism, and will go down with the ship willingly. The rest have to choose between doing the right thing and being cast out in the primaries by the 1/3 of the population who carry the "deplorable" gene, or just walking away and giving up their ideals.

Let's not forget that Trump is the master of taking credit for a disaster he created.  The real issue institutional Republicans have with him is the economy, which is heading toward stagnation and showing signs of a recession.  I'd put money on the table that just in time for it to matter for the elections he'll pull the plug on his trade disputes and tout any recovery as a masterful manipulation of the international market.

He's starting to perform the narrative he is building around the growing signs of recession.  Apparently this part of his performance will be "the FAKE NEWS caused the recession!"

Trump: "The Fake News Media is doing everything they can to crash the economy because they think that will be bad for me and my re-election.  The problem they have is that the economy is way too strong and we will soon be winning big on Trade, and everyone knows that, including China!”

5 hours ago, billvon said:

He's starting to perform the narrative he is building around the growing signs of recession.  Apparently this part of his performance will be "the FAKE NEWS caused the recession!"

Trump: "The Fake News Media is doing everything they can to crash the economy because they think that will be bad for me and my re-election.  The problem they have is that the economy is way too strong and we will soon be winning big on Trade, and everyone knows that, including China!”

I really, genuinely hope the US doesn't go into recession. Aside from friends/colleagues/employees I have there or anything else, it's bad for everyone round the world.

However if and when things start go go south, I'm interested to see the Trumpian mental gymnastics required to assert that despite the recent continued growth since 2016 being his doing, any drop off is still Obama's fault. 

(edited)
20 hours ago, billvon said:

I've had some friends say that I'm acting like I (and people who don't like Trump) want the economy to crash just to prove a point.  No, I'm pointing out these signs because I want our leadership to be intellectually honest and take the necessary steps.

Edited by DJL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I've had some friends say that I'm acting like I (and people who don't like Trump) want the economy to crash just to prove a point.  No, I'm pointing out these signs because I want our leadership to be intellectually honest and take the necessary steps.

Our leadership is devoid of intellect, ethics, morals, courage, and coherency.

(And other stuff too) 

• Like 3

Trump calls off meeting with Denmark's prime minister because ‘she would have no interest in discussing purchase of Greenland’

I saw this headline this morning and thought it was just some journalist making up a headline to explain why Trump had cancelled his trip to Denmark.

But its acctualy from his own twitter feed.

Trump has tweeted that “based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time”.

Just when you think he can you have seen it all he manages to surpass his previous petulant  childish behaviour.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ScottishJohn said:

Trump calls off meeting with Denmark's prime minister because ‘she would have no interest in discussing purchase of Greenland’

I saw this headline this morning and thought it was just some journalist making up a headline to explain why Trump had cancelled his trip to Denmark.

But its acctualy from his own twitter feed.

Trump has tweeted that “based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time”.

Just when you think he can you have seen it all he manages to surpass his previous petulant  childish behaviour.

One of my Danish friends put it well.

'Good. No one here wanted the fucker visiting anyway.'

• Like 3

Once again Trump proves to the World that he is a spoiled child. I guess nothing this immature bully does will disenfranchise his fans. I have hundreds of friends overseas and everyone of them tells how they and all the people they know are losing all respect and trust in the US because of this pompous uneducated oaf. 

40 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

So Jerry, would that be your brother's grandfather or your grandfather's brother?

Hi Ken,

OK, too early in the morning & without my coffee.

Let's make that:  Paternal Grandfather

Good catch; I do appreciate it.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I never said that I could walk on water.

PPS)  And, it would have been my brother's grandfather also.  And, it might have been my grandfather's brother as he was just a child when they came here.

OK, move on; nothing to see here.

And now Trump is calling the Danish PM 'nasty' for calling his plan to buy Greenland (an autonomous country the Danes have no authority to sell) absurd. I'm so confused that this is actually happening in the real world and it's not all a big Armando Ianucci satire.

One thing I have noticed is that Trump has only ever referred to Greenland as an object. He appear to have absolutely no conception of the fact that Greenland is also made up of tens of thousands of people, who would all presumably like to have some control over how their own country is governed instead of being traded away as commodities in 'a big real estate deal' to soothe an elitist billionaire's ego.

20 hours ago, kallend said:

24 things nobody does better than Trump

No one fails to buy Greenland better than Trump!

No one can get the deficit as high as Trump!

No one can assault as many women as Trump!  (Well, some of his closest friends might have him beat there . . .)

• Like 1