JerryBaumchen

Trump - A New Battle Everyday

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So you have already convicted him?

Nope.  But now the count is:

Rape allegations - 3 

Sexual assault allegations - 11

Inappropriate sexual contact with underage women - 13

How many times would a customer have to make a complaint about a sexual assault from one of your TM's before you asked him to stop doing tandems for you?  2? 5? 11?  Never, because "he said she said?"

15 minutes ago, billvon said:

Rape allegations - 3 

How many times would a customer have to make a complaint about a sexual assault from one of your TM's before you asked him to stop doing tandems for you?  2? 5? 11?  Never, because "he said she said?"

How about:

"Rape allegations - 14"

And 'Rape of a child - 13"

There's a meme going around on FB to the effect of:

They aren't "underage women" They are CHILDREN.

It isn't 'non-consensual sex'. It's RAPE.

And, by definition, children cannot consent.

But his supporters won't care. He's not black, he's not a woman, he's not a 'liberal'.

So they will continue to ignore the allegations, asking questions like "when was the trial?"

THEY DON'T CARE.

This has been made abundantly clear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Rape allegations - 3 

Reminds me of something I read about Massachusetts during 1692/1693. 

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

My mind is made up. Neither Trump nor Clinton should be in the White House, effective immediately. 

• Like 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, kallend said:

My mind is made up. Neither Trump nor Clinton should be in the White House, effective immediately.  

I knew someone was going to say something like that.  The relevant part in that second link is the paragraph about Katie Johnson/Jane Doe which is what we're talking about, not Clinton.

Edited by Coreece

46 minutes ago, billvon said:
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Bill,

Tommie Lee Jones in The Fugitive:  

Jerry Baumchen

Fun fact - that wasn't in the script.  TLJ made it up. 

Fun Fact - Harrison Ford was proclaiming his innocence, and TLJ replied, "I don't care!"

So it doesn't really work the way Jerry intended, does it?

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How about:

"Rape allegations - 14"

And 'Rape of a child - 13"

There's a meme going around on FB to the effect of:

They aren't "underage women" They are CHILDREN.

It isn't 'non-consensual sex'. It's RAPE.

And, by definition, children cannot consent.

But his supporters won't care. He's not black, he's not a woman, he's not a 'liberal'.

So they will continue to ignore the allegations, asking questions like "when was the trial?"

THEY DON'T CARE.

1.  I honestly don't see Turtle as being a Trump supporter.

2.  Asking when the trial was is a legitimate question, even if asked in a sarcastic way.

3.  How can you expect Trump supporters to take seriously the rape allegation in question if even the liberal MSM couldn't take it seriously?

4.  We're all effectively guilty of not caring and ignoring the allegations if all we do is bitch about it ad nauseam and fail to hold this guy accountable for once in his fucking life.

5.  If Trump resigned, would most people really care anymore, or would they just move on with their lives and forget about justice for his alleged victims?

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, ndege said:

I was referring to his demeanor and actions  not his social status. By the ugly American I mean; loud, arrogant, pushy, entitled, rude, ignorant and lacking in self awareness. Of course there are these types from most Countries but some Americans just excel at it. Trump of course being an outstanding example.

(You all had to know I would jump in on this one sometime)

Please, please, PLEASE read the book.  The title character is actually the best actor in the fictional foreign country out of all the stories! (He's literally physically unattractive -- not a bad person).

[/rant]

Sorry, but I train diplomats, and find The Ugly American to be a quintessential treatise on how to approach work in the foreign service. 

16 hours ago, billvon said:

It is sad that the discussion always devolves to a Trump supporter claiming "all the women are lying."

It appears only men who claim they were raped are to be believed.

The men who accused the churches of sexual assaults and rapes were considered brave for coming forth with their accusations.

Trump seems to be above the law and religion. Clearly the antichrist.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, millertime24 said:

Reminds me of something I read about Massachusetts during 1692/1693. 

23 hours ago, billvon said:

It is sad that the discussion always devolves to a Trump supporter claiming "all the women are lying."

10 hours ago, millertime24 said:

Who said "all the women are lying"? Just curious. 

You clearly implied that it's a "Witch Hunt".

Which really means false accusations.

If the accusations are false, then the accusers are lying.

Do you really believe that the accusations against Trump are all false? 

ALL the accusations? 

Rape (and other sexual misconduct), tax fraud, plain old fraud, obstruction of justice, bribery of public officials, misuse of campaign funds, misuse of charitable funds, and on and on. Many are felonies.

Are ALL of these lies?

If they aren't, how can you still think he's fit to hold office? 
Or do you simply not care what he does, as long as he meets your political objectives? 

6 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

You clearly implied that it's a "Witch Hunt".

Which really means false accusations.

If the accusations are false, then the accusers are lying.

Do you really believe that the accusations against Trump are all false? 

ALL the accusations? 

Rape (and other sexual misconduct), tax fraud, plain old fraud, obstruction of justice, bribery of public officials, misuse of campaign funds, misuse of charitable funds, and on and on. Many are felonies.

Are ALL of these lies?

If they aren't, how can you still think he's fit to hold office? 
Or do you simply not care what he does, as long as he meets your political objectives? 

Hmmm - 

I took it differently.

I thought that the reason behind the "witch hunts" were because of a chemical found in a rye seed, that when ingested, caused hallucinations, strange behaviors, and laughing.

Ultimately a chemical reason for misunderstanding and injustice.

There were many more cases of witching then there are of Trumps allegations of rape - 

It seems that they would have come out of the shadows before - donchathink?

Timing seems suspect.  Agendas seem even MORE suspect.

Unless you have already convicted him . . . 

He deserves what we all do - to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a court of opinions.

20 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

No one has convicted him.

He deserves what we all do - to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, not a court of opinions.

How many times would a customer have to make a complaint about a sexual assault from one of your TM's before you asked him to stop doing tandems for you?  2?  5?  10?  How about the number of students claiming he raped them?  1?  2?    Would 3 times be OK with you?

Or would you never, ever fire him no matter what anyone said he did, because "he said she said?"

Let's look at it a different way.  Let's say your pilot said "that jackass almost tore the tail off AGAIN!  He tossed the drogue and it missed that horizontal stab by inches!"  (He denies it of course; he's done a hundred tandems and it's always been fine.) 

Suppose 2 pilots said that.  Suppose 3 said so.  Suppose your S+TA said so.  How many claims would you need before you'd sit him down? Never, because "he said he said?"

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

There were many more cases of witching then there are of Trumps allegations of rape - 

It seems that they would have come out of the shadows before - donchathink?

There were allegations of rape and sexual assault against Trup long before he ran for office. You appear to be saying that makes them more credible, yeah?

So you also believe that Harvey Weinstein should be hired back by Miramax immediately, yes?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, billvon said:

How many times would a customer have to make a complaint about a sexual assault from one of your TM's before you asked him to stop doing tandems for you?  2?  5?  10?  How about the number of students claiming he raped them?  1?  2?    Would 3 times be OK with you?

Or would you never, ever fire him no matter what anyone said he did, because "he said she said?"

We arent talking about some no name TM. 

On 7/9/2019 at 10:12 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

It seems to me that every day, I read where Trump is battling/bitching about someone.

Hi folks,

It just never seems to stop:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48982172

'Ms Ocasio-Cortez was born in the Bronx in New York, approximately 12 miles away from the Queens hospital where Mr Trump himself was born.'

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
2 hours ago, millertime24 said:

We arent talking about some no name TM. 

You are correct. We are talking about the President of the United States.

I would hope we would hold him to a little bit higher standard than a "no name TI".

Same with a Supreme Court Justice appointment. 

An interesting though popped up on FB:

This president's cruelty is matched by the cowardice of his enablers, who inflict just as much damage on this nation and its ideals. Men and women in elected office shouldn't get a presumption of normalcy. They must answer for their silence in the face of bigotry and misogyny.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

18 hours ago, billvon said:

Let's look at it a different way.  Let's say your pilot said "that jackass almost tore the tail off AGAIN!  He tossed the drogue and it missed that horizontal stab by inches!"  (He denies it of course; he's done a hundred tandems and it's always been fine.) 

Suppose 2 pilots said that.  Suppose 3 said so.  Suppose your S+TA said so.  How many claims would you need before you'd sit him down? Never, because "he said he said?"

Nope - I would ask for the evidence - 

I mean - Surely there were other people that witnessed the act . . . right?

Its not like people dont have video cameras or anything . . .

Since comparing a TM and the POTUS is the same as comparing Apples and Oranges - 

You might want to find something more relevant.

What you are likening is more along the lines of - 

Hey this one Tandem instructor got drunk at a WFFC years ago and made some inappropriate advances and did some ass grabbing around the bonfire.  

Yeah - I know its been 15 years - but you know . . . . we have to prosecute him now.  

You see - it was dealt with then - and he was talked to - but now that he is NOW hated by a group and holds a serious public office.