brenthutch

a message to the angry leftists from an american infantryman

airdvr

Could have been a powerful statement had he not mucked it up with the hate.

And the hypocrisy.

Yeah, apart from the hate and hypocrisy the rest of the statement was... wait, what was the rest of the statement?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You're way too classy to write a diatribe and sign it "magna cum laude," or "iron mike."

For one thing, you own what you say (although if the poster is in fact active duty he may not be allowed to), also, even if you did sign it from that, there'd be a way to trace its truth. Because, frankly, you're not an angry person frothing at the mouth to piss off people he considers himself to be superior to.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

You're way too classy to write a diatribe and sign it "magna cum laude," or "iron mike."

For one thing, you own what you say (although if the poster is in fact active duty he may not be allowed to), also, even if you did sign it from that, there'd be a way to trace its truth. Because, frankly, you're not an angry person frothing at the mouth to piss off people he considers himself to be superior to.

Wendy P.

Ahhh. My apologies to Paul. I went back and re-read what he wrote. My mistake was thinking, "in general" as opposed to the author. Thanks for the clarification.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

*********We had an Iron Mike here on DZ.com for awhile, too. But he wasn't the guy who wrote that piece either.

Wendy P.

Iron Mike is a name for statues of service members.

So, not just a pseudonym, but a pretentious one. Check.

Pretentious? Not only did I receive an airborne certificate of graduation, but also earned the Airborne "Iron Mike" after being No.1 in my Airborne class. How is that any more pretentious than one who receive a master's or doctorate as "Magna Cum Laude" (I have one of those also). In virtually every field there are honors for going above & beyond. Nobel Prize, Field's Medal, etc. Do you view all earned honors as pretentious or just the military one's?

Congratulations, OUTSTANDING.

For you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80

brenthutch

https://www.gruntworks11b.com/war-room/a-message-to-the-angry-leftists-from-an-american-infantryman/

"I know you don’t know me. I know you don’t even think about me and when you do, it’s probably not anything nice. I’m the evil hegemonically masculine patriarchal oppressor to you feminists. I’m the jackbooted statist thug to you dope smokin’ long-haired hippies. I’m “The Man” to you racial activists. I’m the idiot who joined the military because I “wasn’t smart enough” to go get a liberal arts degree like you know-it-all 20-year-old college dipshits; and for some reason you hate me for that. I’m that guy with the rifle who signed on the dotted line for $24K a year so that you budding Marxist fucksticks could have the freedom to complain about me and the manner in which I provide it. I have a little message for you...."

***the view expressed in article are not necessarily the views of Brenthutch***

Meh, hopefully somebody puts a bullet in his head in the next war your government will get you in.

SkyDekker

Meh, hopefully somebody puts a bullet in his head in the next war your government will get you in.

That is perhaps going a bit too far.

If this is an actual soldier with PTSD or whatever making him lash out, he's probably already paid a pretty hefty price regardless of what we might think of his writing.

On the other hand, this may be simply an X-Box warrior poser.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Meh, hopefully somebody puts a bullet in his head in the next war your government will get you in.

If this is an actual soldier with PTSD or whatever making him lash out, he's probably already paid a pretty hefty price regardless of what we might think of his writing.

On the other hand, this may be simply an X-Box warrior poser.

Meh,

The post is a troll, looking for reaction. Can't complain when it gets a reaction.

Sorry if the snowflake can't handle non politically correct posts. But elections have consequences and Trump is the President now.

Jess's you hire someone who is not the brightest tool in TE shed. Then you train him to travel to foreign lands, meet exotic people and kill them. Consider that the army devotes tremendous time and effort to pounding one attitude into recuits. When that much pain, suffering and exhaustion dives a lesson home, it is difficult or impossible to change attitude later in life. Then citizens are astounded at a soldier's narrow view of the world.
Doooooh!
Soldiers have narrow world views because battlefields are chaotic places. If a soldier knew everything that happened in his battlefield, the information overload would drive him insane.
Also consider that the only way to survive and succeed - dare I say "win" - on a battlefield is a narrow focus to accomplish one objective.
And peaceful citizens wonder by soldiers' political attitudes end up so narrow.

quade

***Meh, hopefully somebody puts a bullet in his head in the next war your government will get you in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJa_s_2QX_c

SHE must have done 50 tours with SEAL team six.

BTW members of the military especially those in combat arms use salty language. It is not uncommon for entire sentences to be comprised entirely of the F word.

"F*ck! This f*cking f*cker is f*ching well f*cked. = Damn! This stupid thing is pretty well messed up. No PTSD required.

brenthutch

******Meh, hopefully somebody puts a bullet in his head in the next war your government will get you in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJa_s_2QX_c

SHE must have done 50 tours with SEAL team six.

BTW members of the military especially those in combat arms use salty language. It is not uncommon for entire sentences to be comprised entirely of the F word.

"F*ck! This f*cking f*cker is f*ching well f*cked. = Damn! This stupid thing is pretty well messed up. No PTSD required.

Those poor cops are going to need hearing aids if that continues. I don't know why she is angry at the cops. They are just keeping her from getting hurt.

There are some very smart military people with full and nuanced views of Geo-political situations. General Mattis is one. I'm sure he is like Norman Schwarzkopf Jr, AKA "Stormin Norman" of Gulf War fame. Who can turn on and off the saltier language when necessary. Depending on the target audience.

On occasion there is a time and place for some choice words. Even a time and place, rarely. To pound the fist on the table for emphasis.

Phil1111

There are some very smart military people with full and nuanced views of Geo-political situations. General Secretary Mattis is one.

FIFY.

Please, people. There is a reason we have the 7-year rule about retired military officers servicing as SecDef. Congress voted to waive it for him, so let's show they made the right decision, and we can all see him as a cabinet member now, not as a general officer.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

There are some very smart military people with full and nuanced views of Geo-political situations. General Secretary Mattis is one.

FIFY.

Please, people. There is a reason we have the 7-year rule about retired military officers servicing as SecDef. Congress voted to waive it for him, so let's show they made the right decision, and we can all see him as a cabinet member now, not as a general officer.

I wonder what official protocol says?

I know generals get to keep their titles, but since SecDef is higher does that now overrule?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

FIFY.

I wonder what official protocol says?

I know generals get to keep their titles, but since SecDef is higher does that now overrule?

Secretary-General has a nice ring to it.

brenthutch

The writer seems to have serious anger management problems

At least he is channeling his anger into something productive unlike these guys

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/03/nyu-prof-screams-at-the-nypd-because-the

Now that was one WACKED OUT LIB. Truly suffering from a mental disorder, tragically it appears to be incurable. She needs to be removed from the class room to prevent this disorder (disease) from adversely affecting a person or group of people.

Maybe the students can place a condom over their heads to protect their brains from this diseased individual.

Maybe the students can place a condom over their heads to protect their brains from this diseased individual.

Because ideas are contagious, and you fear them? This is like the people who fear gay teachers will turn their children.

You are advocating the same sort of censorship the protesters are. You are both mistaken.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Because ideas are contagious, and you fear them? This is like the people who fear gay teachers will turn their children.

You are advocating the same sort of censorship the protesters are. You are both mistaken.

Ideas are contagious, especially the content coming out of the mouth of this women. I advocate peaceful descent not physical/criminal behavior and when possible the attempt to articulate you view without looking like a freaking wacked out loon.

Nancy Pelosi still thinks she's dealing with Bush, and Maxine Waters is Hallucinating Putin advancing troops into Korea. What the hell is happening to the Libs...they seem to be going loony.:S

>Ideas are contagious, especially the content coming out of the mouth of this women.

Then best suppress the contagion! It's what any rational doctor would do. These ideas are diseases, people, not concepts!

I hear books are even worse. Fortunately paper burns at 451 degrees F.

billvon

>Ideas are contagious, especially the content coming out of the mouth of this women.

Then best suppress the contagion! It's what any rational doctor would do. These ideas are diseases, people, not concepts!

I hear books are even worse. Fortunately paper burns at 451 degrees F.

I must have missed it, just what "ideas" were being espoused?