gowlerk

A very bad night in Dallas

The111

***Simple - It s because black lives are all that really matter in the end.

That statement is complete bullshit and could not possibly accomplish anything other than further division.

Fortunately, some people actually get it (see attached).

I'm glad you could see through my sarcasm.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Simple - It s because black lives are all that really matter in the end.

That statement is complete bullshit and could not possibly accomplish anything other than further division.

It's not really possible to miss the sarcasm when a white man says "black lives are all that matter." The following exercise might help you understand my point:

1) Go to a black lives matter rally
2) Hold a sign that says "black lives are all the really matter in the end"
3) Make sure they know you're being sarcastic

Observe how they respond.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The111

*********Simple - It s because black lives are all that really matter in the end.

It's not really possible to miss the sarcasm when a white man says "black lives are all that matter." The following exercise might help you understand my point:

Based on BLM's past violence, riots, and looting are likely responses.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

Based on BLM's past violence, riots, and looting are likely responses.

If that's true, it reinforces my original point: That statement is complete bullshit and could not possibly accomplish anything other than further division.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The111

*********Simple - It s because black lives are all that really matter in the end.

Observe how they respond.im in Iowa at the moment - where are we going to meet up to go?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The111

***Based on BLM's past violence, riots, and looting are likely responses.

If that's true, it reinforces my original point: That statement is complete bullshit and could not possibly accomplish anything other than further division.

Sort of like BLM can't accomplish anything other than further division as their whole focus and goals are racist.

Bolas

Sort of like BLM can't accomplish anything other than further division as their whole focus and goals are racist.

If you want to make that point, so be it. I disagree, but more importantly: it does not justify the divisive statement I was responding to. It is a childish tactic to respond to being called out for a thing, by pointing a finger at somebody else doing the same thing.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

>Sort of like BLM can't accomplish anything other than further division as their whole
>focus and goals are racist.

And "police lives matter?" Is that just as bad?

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/see-officer-brent-thompson-police-lives-matter-black-lives-matter-facebook-twitter-dallas-police-shootings-victims-named-identified-identities-names/

billvon

>Sort of like BLM can't accomplish anything other than further division as their whole
>focus and goals are racist.

And "police lives matter?" Is that just as bad?

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/see-officer-brent-thompson-police-lives-matter-black-lives-matter-facebook-twitter-dallas-police-shootings-victims-named-identified-identities-names/

It's not the same as someone being part of the police is a choice. Now if they added a DNA group like Irish police lives matter that would also be narrow focused and racist.

When you include or disclude solely on DNA it's -ist.

The111

***Based on BLM's past violence, riots, and looting are likely responses.

It's not just BLM causing problems. There have been involvement by some black power advocates, or extremists. Micah Johnson had followed a few of those organizations on Facebook.

The Dallas shooting has reinvigorated the gun community in a new drive to buy more guns.

"In the wake of the Orlando shooting

The FBI conducted more than 2.1 million background checks for gun purchases in June, an increase of 40 percent from 2015.

In June 2015, the FBI conducted about 1.5 million background checks, which is done every time someone tries to buy a gun from a federally licensed dealer. In total, the FBI conducted over 23 million background checks last year.

The spike comes after 49 people were killed in the June 12 shooting at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, which resulted in calls for tighter gun control.

According to the FBI, 2016 is on track to break last year’s record for background checks. In the first half of this year, the FBI has already conducted almost 14 million background checks, CNN Money reported.

Mass shootings and acts of terrorism tend to spark increased gun sales because Americans fear for their safety and also because gun advocates worry that the mass shooting will initiate stricter gun control."
http://time.com/4393715/fbi-gun-background-checks-increase/

In the gun forums(yeah I go there too). People that already own enough guns for a squad are buying more guns. Enough guns for a platoon and even in some cases a company! No need for kitchen renos when the money is better spent on a couple glocks and ar-15s.

Increased background checks will continue right through to the election.

From one of rushmc's favorite (right wing) news sources:

Chief Brown said, more than 20 demonstrators showed up to the protest openly carrying AR-15 assault rifles and wearing gas masks, camouflage fatigues and bullet-proof vests
“Doesn’t make sense to us, but that’s their right in Texas,” Chief Brown said. “They marched, but when the shooting started, they began to run at street level across where the shooting was occurring. So to our officers, they were suspects. And I support that belief.”
Three of those demonstrators were taken into custody, the chief said. Two were released after investigators determined they had nothing to do with the shooting and had no connection to Johnson.
The other was charged with illegally carrying his weapon, Chief Brown said.
From our vantage point, with people carrying guns at protests slung across, wearing bullet-proof vests and gas masks while people are killing us, they are suspects until we rule them out,” he told CNN.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

turtlespeed

Actually,

According to one side in this conversation, if you want to kill a cop, just wait for a protest to happen, then the killing should be buried into a lesser message, and not addressed until the murder of black males stops.

You should really read Paul's latest sticky.[:/]

More on the problems caused by open carry, from the Mayor of Dallas:

"In the middle of the firefight, it's hard to pick out the good guys and the bad guys."

And from Max Geron, a Dallas police major:

"There was also the challenge of sorting out witnesses from potential suspects. Texas is an open carry state, and there were a number of armed demonstrators taking part. There was confusion on the radio about the description of the suspects and whether or not one or more was in custody."

Seems that all the Rambo wannabes with their AR15s slung over their backs just made matters worse, contrary to NRA ideology.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

gowlerk

Simple - It s because black lives are all that really matter in the end.

Before you get too angry and start to feel all resentful, go listen to Billie Holliday sing "Strange Fruit". There is a long history of extra judicial killing of black men in America. Black people are simply saying "we aren't going to take it any more".
If you can't understand that, it's because you have chosen not to.

You post this like the police and their extra judicial killing is still going on. That is totally and factually incorrect.
It is an allusion being perpetrated to mislead.

It happens rarely these days. Police save more black lives when they are allowed to do their job than white lives.

I hate this lie being used to try and give some moral relativism to the cop killings we see today. It is bullshit!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The111

How should the people respond when they chant, "pigs in t a blanket, fry them like bacon"? Or "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Now!"

I am NOT being sarcastic. I really want to know what you think?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Seems that all the Rambo wannabes with their AR15s slung over their backs just made matters worse, contrary to NRA ideology.

I do agree with you that open carry is a bad idea.

I read an open carry group's position on the matter and they basically say they want to open carry because concealed can be uncomfortable. Poor justification in my mind.

"Rambo wannabes"-Kallend
"Pussies"- Normiss

This language makes it difficult to a) not fire back, further degrading the conversation by adding noise and, b) is completely unnecessary to make your point.

I question whether your motivation is to discuss the issue or just argue.

Derek V

normiss

Then why are we continually told one of the main reasons of the desire is to shoot back?
In this latest example, they ran.
Something doesn't add up.

Who says that shooting back is the main reason?

I've never heard that (even from the "wannabes").

The main reason for civilian carry is self defense.

Not stopping criminals, not protecting property, none of that. That's the job of the police. The cops have duties, responsibilities and powers that ordinary civilians simply don't have.

Except for Florida, the idea of "run away" before shooting is a really good idea. Even in the "stand your ground" places, if escape is a viable option, take it.
The consequences for a civilian using deadly force in a self defense situation are pretty severe, even if it was justifiable. You, me or anyone else would not get a paid vacation, or a union-provided defense lawyer, or policies and procedures designed to protect our rights (cops get those).

When AggieDave was on here regularly, he commented that an average "no bill" grand jury result for a civilian shooting someone would cost the shooter about $50,000 in defense costs ("no bill" is when the grand jury decides charges aren't warranted). That aligns with what I have heard.

I was always taught that "run, hide, fight" is a good way to view this sort of situation. Get away if you (and those you want to defend) can. Hide if you can't get away. Fight back if there is no other alternative.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

Then why are we continually told one of the main reasons of the desire is to shoot back?
In this latest example, they ran.
Something doesn't add up.

Ya, because you're not doing the math right. When someone is shooting at you from an unknown elevated position, you don't just stand there like a fucking moron.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

I tried to stay out of this, but ya know............

http://www.fox4news.com/news/172844863-story

I was impressed with this chief when he spoke at a fallen Dallas officers funeral a little while ago.
Look into his background, he has a very unique perspective on police and the use of force.

I'm not gonna argue here, it's pointless. I will point out the media and social media are filling the vacuum with disinformation just like Ferguson, even using the "injustice" of Michael Brown. It was a false narrative, but...........

It is very likely the Alton Brown use of force will be justified. A convicted felon, in possession of a firearm, fighting with the police after a taser deployment, seldom has a good outcome. The truth many times causes outrage, outrage doesn't make you right, regardless of what social media says.

The Minnesota shooting will very likely end in criminal charges against the officer. It's much the same as in Cincinnati, an officer apparently panicked, and uses deadly force in a criminally negligent manner. However in Cincinnati the guy he was dealing with was involved in criminal activity, gave all the warning signs to the officer.
In Minnesota the officer shot a CCDW holder, a very bad decision, one that will land him in jail for a very long time.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

skycop

I tried to stay out of this, but ya know............

http://www.fox4news.com/news/172844863-story

I was impressed with this chief when he spoke at a fallen Dallas officers funeral a little while ago.
Look into his background, he has a very unique perspective on police and the use of force.

I'm not gonna argue here, it's pointless, I will point out the media and social media are filling the vacuum with disinformation just like Ferguson, even using the "injustice" of Michael Brown. It was a false narrative, but...........

It is very likely the Alton Brown use of force will be justified. A convicted felon, in possession of a firearm, fighting with the police after a taser deployment, seldom has a good outcome. The truth many times causes outrage, outrage doesn't make you right, regardless of what social media says.

The Minnesota shooting will very likely end in criminal charges against the officer. It's much the same as in Cincinnati, an officer apparently panics, and uses deadly force in a criminally negligent manner. However in Cincinnati the guy he was dealing with was involved in criminal activity, gave all the warning signs to the officer.
In Minnesota the officer shot a CCDW holder, a very bad decision, one that will land him in jail for a very long time.

seriously, now you are looking objectively at each individual situation and trying to assess each based on what facts you know so far - instead of lumping them all together and spitting out bumper sticker rhetoric.

Next thing you know, you'll start treating people as individuals instead of members of a stereotype of a demographically defined PC dictionary

or even change your mind as new information comes to light.....

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants