Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

Hi John,

and some family members

Yes, very much so.

My ex-wife, who is a devoted Christian and was a rather strong liberal when we were married, now supports Trump because she wants a wall built.

My kids are just pullling their hair out trying to determine what is wrong with her.

:S

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

>I don't think he does much of anything without hearing from his advisors/lawyers first.

From all indications he does EVERYTHING without hearing from his advisors/lawyers first. Which is why his campaign is always so unprepared when asked for comment about his latest gaff, and then ends up defending him with uncoordinated, half-baked and constantly changing justifications for his antics.

Ya, I might have been wrong about - just like I was wrong about him becoming more "presidential" once he got the nomination.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>I would take Billvon's advice and try to find some responsible, successful,
>educated liberals with a consistent lifestyle, but they seem a few and far between

Again, personal anecdotes aren't going to mean much. If all your friends are high school dropouts and criminals, you aren't going to find many (if any) responsible, successful, educated people of any political orientation. If all your friends are doctors, scientists and engineers, most of them are going to be responsible, successful, educated liberals with a consistent lifestyle.

> just like I was wrong about him becoming more "presidential" once he got the nomination.

Not entirely. He was quite "presidential" during one speech over the weekend. I have a feeling his campaign threatened him with a mass walkout unless he did one prepared speech without threatening to kill anyone, offering to pay legal fees for criminals, attacking veteran's families, calling entire nationalities rapists, attacking the moderator for having her period or bragging about his penis. And he did! He managed to get through an entire speech without so much as attacking his hecklers.

Unfortunately it looks like that was the exception, not the rule.

Possibly the only thing I like about Trump is his reluctance to be perceived as a puppet.

It's clearly also his downfall because he's clearly out of his depth with regards to politics, national, and international affairs, but . . . I sort of have to respect that one thing about him regardless of how stupid it is in reality.

Some previous Presidents have been manipulated by inside-the-bubble groups. I think Trump is both reluctant to even listen to them and even more reluctant to take their advice.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Iago

Of course! A vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary, so why would you try to stop me?

Bull, unless voters are just drone-like koolaid drinkers they'd see that Libertarianism is what classic liberalism is SUPPOSED to be. That will pull from Dems and from Reps. Not just one side or the other.

A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson.

the bonus side effect is that it is also:

1 - NOT a vote for a loud mouth idiot that can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth - that can't be trusted to hold your hat at the carnival, let alone be responsible for our defense or to talk to foreign heads of state

2 - NOT a vote for pretty much the epitome of what we see as a horrible corrupt career politician - almost hollywood in the ridiculousness of the caricature

it's a win-win-win

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I can't help that the data of the study is also reflected among those with whom I associate. I can't help that my uneducated Trump supporter friends make more money than my educated liberal friends.

That has nothing to do with your anecdote. Moving the goalposts in order to support it doesn't help you.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

and some family members

Yes, very much so.

My ex-wife, who is a devoted Christian and was a rather strong liberal when we were married, now supports Trump because she wants a wall built.

My kids are just pullling their hair out trying to determine what is wrong with her.

:S

Jerry Baumchen

I don't buy into any arguments about education, intellect, etc. leading to Liberal or Conservative inclinations, re voting.

I'm a conservative voter.

But for many people there is a single issue or a few issues for which determine their vote. Are the prime determinants as to who or what party they vote for. For Greens it might be environmental "....". For some its guns, or the polar opposite gun control.

Its somewhat difficult to listen to the rants of FOX loving rabid trump supporters. I have learned in life that the tuneout option is always there.

IMO Bernie Sanders is a caring individual the polar opposite of trump. He also has no concepts of the necessity to balance budgets and how wasteful social engineering can be. By that I mean free college educations for all. I don't have high opinions of Hollywood pseudo-intellectuals who think the size of pop containers should be regulated by federal law. Because poor people are to stupid to recognize the danger of coke or pepsi.

But I also recognize that many of them make huge contributions to the betterment of society. Brad Pitt and his large breasted wife come to mind. Its all part of the social fabric.

Hopefully trump can end up in the fabric scrap bin.

billvon

>I don't think he does much of anything without hearing from his advisors/lawyers first.

From all indications he does EVERYTHING without hearing from his advisors/lawyers first. Which is why his campaign is always so unprepared when asked for comment about his latest gaff, and then ends up defending him with uncoordinated, half-baked and constantly changing justifications for his antics.

It seems Trump didn't do so well when being deposed by lawyers over one of his frivolous lawsuits, either.B|

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

If all your friends are doctors, scientists and engineers, most of them are going to be responsible, successful, educated liberals with a consistent lifestyle.

Again those jobs are few and far between - but of my friends and family that are doctors and engineers, they're all conservative - tho they are certainly not Trump supporters.

I had like one "friend" that could be considered a scientist - a chemist and liberal atheist. I met him through his wife who was a mutual friend of ours before they got married. She's a conservative christian Medical Doctor. She ended up divorcing his sorry fat ass for whatever reason. His energy drink product that he was developing failed miserably and he fell off the face of the earth.

I'm sorry, I just see failures like that coming from my conservative friends despite having more of them.

Coreeece

***No one has yet given me a good reason to support Trump. Not one.

Cher, Whoopi, Miley Cyrus and Al Sarpton have all vowed to leave the country if Trump becomes president.

I wouldn't mind if any of them left. Throw Justin Bieber and Jesse Jackson out too for fuck's sake. :D

nolhtairt

******No one has yet given me a good reason to support Trump. Not one.

Cher, Whoopi, Miley Cyrus and Al Sarpton have all vowed to leave the country if Trump becomes president.

I wouldn't mind if any of them left. Throw Justin Bieber and Jesse Jackson out too for fuck's sake. :D

Justin Bieber is Canadian and its greatly appreciated, applauded and endorsed by all. That the US has adopted him.

THANKS!!

jakee

I can't help that the data of the study is also reflected among those with whom I associate. I can't help that my uneducated Trump supporter friends make more money than my educated liberal friends.

That has nothing to do with your anecdote.

What doesn't?

Coreeece

What doesn't?

The words in the box.

The fuck else ya think I meant?:|

rehmwa

Of course! A vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary, so why would you try to stop me?

Bull, unless voters are just drone-like koolaid drinkers they'd see that Libertarianism is what classic liberalism is SUPPOSED to be. That will pull from Dems and from Reps. Not just one side or the other.

A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson.

the bonus side effect is that it is also:

1 - NOT a vote for a loud mouth idiot that can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth - that can't be trusted to hold your hat at the carnival, let alone be responsible for our defense or to talk to foreign heads of state

2 - NOT a vote for pretty much the epitome of what we see as a horrible corrupt career politician - almost hollywood in the ridiculousness of the caricature

it's a win-win-win

I agree that a vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson and if people were actually honest when they say "I don't like either Trump or Clinton" then someone like Johnson could actually win. But it's not going to happen. It was decided 8+ years ago that Billiary would become King and there is nothing, absolutely nothing that will stop Billiary from becoming the King. If you think Crony Capitalism and the Culture of Entitlements are bad now, just wait. It's payback time. It's time to collect. You didn't think those billions of dollars the Clintons raised for themselves from foreign sources came with no strings attached did you?

Donald Trump is a complete Jackass. I'm still waiting to see if he comes out just before election day with a "April Fools" style of joke where he says he wasn't actually serious here. Billiary Clinton always has and always will be "The Donald's" BFF. But even though "The Donald" is a Jackass and could very well be tanking this election on purpose. I am going to laugh my eternal ass off if he was to actually become the Prez. You see as corrupt and as dishonest as the Clintons are. There is nothing more corrupt than the Progressive Consensus Mainstream Media (led by the Clinton News Network though they are not the only corrupt fools out there). You either have to be an ubber progressive partisan or a complete moron to not see how ridiculously one sided the MSM is.

PS: when I refer to "you being a moron", I am in no way referring to rehmwa. I just happen to be replying to rehmwa's comment about a vote for Johnson being a vote for Johnson and if there ever was a time to vote for a 3rd party candidate, now is the time. But what difference does it make. Democracy is a facade. It does not actually exist.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I was going to make a comment about the serious level of cynicism in that post.....but then I read it slowly and pretty much agreed with the entire thing....

call me cynical

but Trump.....cripes every other day he sticks his foot in his mouth. some serious, some is just such a bad sense of humor that it's even worse, and some....still serious.

imagine if every week Hillary would say something tongue in cheek (just a joke) like "who do I have to kill to become president"

that's the level of poor judgment the guy is throwing out there. From what he says, to what she's actually done, we can't go for either,,,,,just can't. yes, it's likely fixed already like the DNC, but so what. at least let the debates plant some ideas. lost cause or not.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

jakee

What doesn't?

The words in the box.

The anecdote was about a conservative friend - an uneducated Trump supporter that made more money than my educated liberal friends - just like the words in the box.

Coreeece

What doesn't?

The words in the box.

The anecdote was about a conservative friend - an uneducated Trump supporter that made more money than my educated liberal friends - just like the words in the box.

And people who make more money are the only people capable of raising kids without excessive amounts of drugs, or moving out of their parents' basements, right?

Wrong. Again - continuing to dodge or deny the the things that you actually said does not make your case look any better.

jakee

What doesn't?

The words in the box.

And people who make more money are the only people capable of raising kids without excessive amounts of drugs, or moving out of their parents' basements, right?

No, the people who make more money are Republicans - and Trump supporters make more money than Hillary supporters - haven't you been listening?:D

Coreeece

***And people who make more money are the only people capable of raising kids without excessive amounts of drugs, or moving out of their parents' basements, right?

No, the people who make more money are Republicans - and Trump supporters make more money than Hillary supporters - haven't you been listening?:D

OK, have fun with your little game. I'll never understand why you guys think that playing dumb makes you look better but if it makes you happy then have at it.

Hi Coreece,

an uneducated Trump supporter that made more money than my educated liberal friends

Your friends, like my friends, are probably a rather small group of people when compared to our society at large.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2014/02/11/the-rising-cost-of-not-going-to-college/

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-education-gap-gets-even-wider-n627136

Time widen your horizons IMO. However, do as you choose.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Coreece,

an uneducated Trump supporter that made more money than my educated liberal friends

Your friends, like my friends, are probably a rather small group of people when compared to our society at large.

Right, and any conclusions drawn for such anecdotal evidence are just as meaningless as your trollish comments that Trump hates black and wants to turn this into a "whites only" country just because your son said so.

The fact that Trump supporters tend to be less educated is just as insignificant as the fact that they also tend to have a higher median income.

Now you may think you're doing your part by spreading all these fallacies about trump supporters being dumb, bigoted, xenophobic racists that will ethnically cleanse this country, but the truth is that all that bullshit is just giving Trump all the publicity that he needs. Without all that attention, I'm doubtful he would've won the nomination.