Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

jakee

The way I see it, a rational person would not care to live where they are not welcome. If they choose to do so then it is to cause conflict.

Or they found a job there. Or they like the scenery. Or house prices are low.

Consequently, they are shunned, charged more for goods and services and find it difficult to obtain neighborly assistance.

So all your friends are criminals?

What's a little discrimination and segregation between neighbors?
So it's not LEGAL - They are law abiding citizens otherwise, right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know this whole twist started over the Trump campaign and Muslims. All of you forget that Islam has started killing Christians in mass. You forget that Muslims moved into a welcoming nation, trained here and brought down the Twin Towers.

We were trusting once and some of us learned a lesson.

I am merely stating a truth. If Muslims attempted to settle here they would have a difficult time doing so.

Equally, I would have a difficult time living again in your progressive/liberal area.

Y'all can have all the Muslims you can handle. You can vet them and determine the peaceful ones from the killers. Then let us all know who the good guys are. Then they can come here and eat bar-b-que with us.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

*** If I am the last Christian to make it into eternal life so be it.

Based on the very unChristian things you write here, I suspect you are deluding yourself.

This is all you need to know about my relationship with Jesus the Christ.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

****** If I am the last Christian to make it into eternal life so be it.

Based on the very unChristian things you write here, I suspect you are deluding yourself.

This is all you need to know about my relationship with Jesus the Christ.

Painted in Montenegro??? whatshotn.me??

Wow, you guys are everywhere :|:ph34r:

dudeist skydiver # 3105

RonD1120

...We were trusting once and some of us learned a lesson.

I am merely stating a truth. If Muslims attempted to settle here they would have a difficult time doing so.

Equally, I would have a difficult time living again in your progressive/liberal area...

Bit of a difference between you ostracizing and driving out Muslims from your "tribal enclave" and your inability to live among people who are different.

Well, it's actually the same thing. But in one case it's you making a decision for yourself, and in the other it's forcing someone out because you don't like them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Mr. Hardshell Reptile, I post this link with the invitation for you to read this relatively short Time Magazine article about some of the reasons HRC has been given a harder time that any man would in the same position. I'm not expecting it to change your mind about her, but is should be some food for thought.

http://time.com/4258976/disliking-hillary-clinton/
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

wolfriverjoe

Bit of a difference between you ostracizing and driving out Muslims from your "tribal enclave" and your inability to live among people who are different.

A non-Bible verse:

Verily I say unto thee: ostracize thine enemies. Treat unfairly those with different skin colors and beliefs, drive them from your villages. Or at least make their lives difficult. Maybe, sell them shit at unfair prices, you know, for their "kind" only. Unless they convert to your belief system, then you can treat them like humans again, maybe even feed them BBQ.

An actual Bible verse:

But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...

The guy who said that was known for hanging out with whores and criminals. He would be ashamed of anybody who drove people away just for being different. The irony of doing just that and claiming it is because of your relationship with him... [:/]
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

>I would just watch and wait and see how long it took for them to find someplace else to live.

While perhaps they would take to the Internet and start demanding that laws be changed so that you can be legally removed from "their" neighborhood.

If that does happen, you will be hoping they show more tolerance than you do.

gowlerk

Mr. Hardshell Reptile, I post this link with the invitation for you to read this relatively short Time Magazine article about some of the reasons HRC has been given a harder time that any man would in the same position. I'm not expecting it to change your mind about her, but is should be some food for thought.

I am sick of one special interest group or another getting a pass by their claims of intolerance.

If I really like or totally despise someone, I can think of no case where it is simply because of their gender, sexual preference, race, religion, favorite sport or whatever.

After going against Kamikazes in the Pacific, my father could not bring himself to buy a Japanese car. Nevertheless, a significant number of our close family friends were/are Japanese ethnic or nationals.

If I think someone is a dreadful human being, I will not give them more or less credit for being a lesbian, Norwegian, negro, Buddhist, a Physicist or whatever.

Am I prejudiced? Sure, I have general expectations of various groups of people, based on a great deal of exposure. One reason I like working with people with independent credentials is that I don't have to wonder if they got their degree because their uncle donated a building to the University, or nobody wanted to give an F to the negro, or those bodacious tatas were surely worth an A or whatever. If you're a Registered Architect, you have to know the subject matter cold, no matter what school you attended.

When Hillary ordered the White House staff to dress in mufti because she found military uniforms 'offensive,' that was a deal breaker for me.

A reputable source witnessed her tell a Secret Service agent to pick up a glove she had dropped and, when he said "it's not my job," she slapped him. That, in addition to being a Felony, shows a complete lack of class on her part.

The reports of her competing with Bill for other women are largely a matter of indifference. It is not so much that I do not trust her as it is that I trust her to remain true to form, and she has worked long and hard to earn my deep and abiding loathing. The fact that she is female is neither here nor there.

Trump is a loose cannon and a complete jerk, but at least he isn't a lawyer and he has occasionally turned a profit. I am not sure that I like him any more than Hillary, when all is said and done.

This election cycle is a train wreck and everybody will lose, regardless of who floats to the top.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

***Mr. Hardshell Reptile, I post this link with the invitation for you to read this relatively short Time Magazine article about some of the reasons HRC has been given a harder time that any man would in the same position. I'm not expecting it to change your mind about her, but is should be some food for thought.

I am sick of one special interest group or another getting a pass by their claims of intolerance.

If I really like or totally despise someone, I can think of no case where it is simply because of their gender, sexual preference, race, religion, favorite sport or whatever.

After going against Kamikazes in the Pacific, my father could not bring himself to buy a Japanese car. Nevertheless, a significant number of our close family friends were/are Japanese ethnic or nationals.

If I think someone is a dreadful human being, I will not give them more or less credit for being a lesbian, Norwegian, negro, Buddhist, a Physicist or whatever.

Am I prejudiced? Sure, I have general expectations of various groups of people, based on a great deal of exposure. One reason I like working with people with independent credentials is that I don't have to wonder if they got their degree because their uncle donated a building to the University, or nobody wanted to give an F to the negro, or those bodacious tatas were surely worth an A or whatever. If you're a Registered Architect, you have to know the subject matter cold, no matter what school you attended.

When Hillary ordered the White House staff to dress in mufti because she found military uniforms 'offensive,' that was a deal breaker for me.

A reputable source witnessed her tell a Secret Service agent to pick up a glove she had dropped and, when he said "it's not my job," she slapped him. That, in addition to being a Felony, shows a complete lack of class on her part.

The reports of her competing with Bill for other women are largely a matter of indifference. It is not so much that I do not trust her as it is that I trust her to remain true to form, and she has worked long and hard to earn my deep and abiding loathing. The fact that she is female is neither here nor there.

Trump is a loose cannon and a complete jerk, but at least he isn't a lawyer and he has occasionally turned a profit. I am not sure that I like him any more than Hillary, when all is said and done.

This election cycle is a train wreck and everybody will lose, regardless of who floats to the top.

BSBD,

Winsor

Nailed it in all aspects.

If those things had actually happened we would have heard about them somewhere other than a skydiving forum.

- Dan G

DanG

If those things had actually happened we would have heard about them somewhere other than a skydiving forum.

It was in a book written by someone at some point in time. And then quotes from that book certainly appeared on a website at some point in time.

Ipso facto adivinorum...TRUTH.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Both of those have been going around for years.

Neither has any solid evidence.

Indications that they are minor incidents that were exaggerated and blown all out of proportion, yes.

For example, the "uniforms" thing seems to have started with a junior staffer saying "I don't talk to people in uniforms".

I don't like her, and I have my reasons, but neither of these is on the list.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

winsor

BSBD,

Winsor

I will apply a similar concept that I did with turtle. Please recognize that I see that you say you might not like him more, but it sure seems like you are leaning that way since you are applying these criteria to Hillary but not to him.

Trump has basically threatened the press, can't take criticism, and treats people like animals. Do you think he will be different in office?

Also, where do people get the notion that being "good" at business (and Trump is very good at the business of his NAME; his actual businesses are quite suspect) makes you good at government? No matter how much we want, you cannot apply the methodology of running a company with running a country. The processes and mechanisms for change and action are entirely different. Can you apply skills and knowledge? Sure. But you can't run them the same way. At all. Ever.

Lastly, I would also like to make it clear that I am not a fan of Hillary. I find her to be pandering and insincere. But I find Trump to be wildly worse. He has low self-esteem, can't take criticism, is bigoted, authoritarian and wants to solve everything with swagger and bullying. That may have worked in politics back in the day. It does not work today.

The fact that so many people find him even remotely a good choice scares the shit out of me.

DanG

The order to dress in civilian clothes was widely reported at the time, and she backed down immediately from the withering backlash.

The incident hitting the Secret Service agent was in a secure area and got no press.

The issue is not the veracity of these reports, but the fact that none of this matters to her supporters.

Based on her own statements, her handling of SIGINT was the kind of thing that puts mere mortals behind bars, but her supporters don't care in the slightest.

Wheb a Republican had earned my loathing and contempt for doing despicable things, Hillary's supporters are in lock step. Since it was Hillary, either my data are false or I am mad at her for being a female. I call bullshit.

BSBD,

Winsor

Here's something for you to ponder. The next time you see a bar fight, or any fight, about to start, approach the most belligerent participant with an air of authority. Tell that individual in forceful words that he or she has no right to be angry.

That concept is what most folks are not understanding.

RonD1120

Here's something for you to ponder. The next time you see a bar fight, or any fight, about to start, approach the most belligerent participant with an air of authority. Tell that individual in forceful words that he or she has no right to be angry.

That concept is what most folks are not understanding.

Oh sure. Let's apply micro situations to macro. That always works.

That is not how dealing with other countries always works. Nor is that how dealing with political opponents work no matter how nice it sounds.

You honestly think Trump will get into power and just forcefully make everyone do what he whats? That is delusional at worst, ignorant of the political world at best.