PhreeZone

Next to bow out?

billvon

>Christie is out.

Dang, it seems like he was one of the last halfway rational GOP candidates.

Are we talking the same Christie who panicked and quarrantined imprisoned a woman against all rational medical advice?

And, of course, Cruz panicked and called Ebola the "biggest threat facing this country" at about the same time.

I don't consider either of those things anything close to "rational" myself.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I don't consider either of those things anything close to "rational" myself.

But maybe "halfway rational". Only halfway irrational! Not bad for a GOP Governor, or Senator. (Mostly I just shut up about this stuff, but sometimes I sit here in the freezing north and take potshots) Good Luck with your election. The people are always right, even when they are left.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>I don't consider either of those things anything close to "rational" myself.

I agree; he's at best halfway there. But he is closer to the "rational" side of the enchilada than Trump, Cruz or Rubio.

Well, that is a pretty low bar.:P:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

rehmwa

***>Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.
>Not the guy I want managing my money.

The logical (worrisome) extension of that thinking is that anyone who spends a lot of money and wins is more qualified fiscally than someone who spends a lot of money and loses. And based on several people I can think of who spent a lot of money and won . . . .

true - I'm just cynical and amazed at the money machine that is political campaigning and think there has to be a better way.

????? Paradoxically both winners of the NH primary are the least funded with no Super pacs.

brenthutch

******>Bush spent a crap load of money to just fail in another state.
>Not the guy I want managing my money.

The logical (worrisome) extension of that thinking is that anyone who spends a lot of money and wins is more qualified fiscally than someone who spends a lot of money and loses. And based on several people I can think of who spent a lot of money and won . . . .

true - I'm just cynical and amazed at the money machine that is political campaigning and think there has to be a better way.

????? Paradoxically both winners of the NH primary are the least funded with no Super pacs.

Yes, Trump is quite short on money.

This might be down to 3 after SC. It may go to Nevada becasue Kaisch isn't even putting effort in to SC. He is going to be in Michigan for two days next week....

His is a VP bid and that is it.

Rubio will recover bouncing Bush. Cruz and Trump will be there. Carson is just going to hang around for a bit I guess but he isn't doing anything. He is helping pul support from non-Trump candidates though.

I still think this plays out like I said before... Rubio gets most of the others votes and we have a 3 way race. If Trump got it down to Trump Cruz.... the nomination is Trumps. He will kill Cruz. It would be a good thing to go late with three if you hate Trump. I still think Rubio is going to be the nominee and possibly Kaisch as the VP to secure Florida and Ohio in a general. We shall see....
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

So Rubio seems to be going all 'fundie' in his speeches lately. I knew he had that aspect of it, but was happier that he wasn't trying to campaign on it in hopes that he would maybe, for once, stay off the social political campaigning EVERYONE ends up selling... Too bad, so sad.

Is this calculated to try and get some of Cruz's people over too him - shore up the extreme Reps?

In my case, he's starting to look less and less like the best of 3 bad front runners. Now he's, to me, just another version of why I don't like Cruz. maybe even worse on that aspect

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Cruz comes off as though he believes the stuff he says. That's scary.

Rubio comes off as though he's saying what he thinks the audience wants to hear. Ie he's effectively for sale to voters.

One might think that being for sale to voters is a good thing. The problem is that each speech has new voters. Kind of like how it's easier to remember the truth than whatever structure of lies you e been telling, it's easier to stand for what you believe in and be consistent than to react to every whiff of wind.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Cruz comes off as though he believes the stuff he says. That's scary.

Rubio comes off as though he's saying what he thinks the audience wants to hear. Ie he's effectively for sale to voters.

One might think that being for sale to voters is a good thing. The problem is that each speech has new voters. Kind of like how it's easier to remember the truth than whatever structure of lies you e been telling, it's easier to stand for what you believe in and be consistent than to react to every whiff of wind.

Wendy P.

Then why don't you call out Hillary as much as Cruz and Rubio?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

wmw999

Cruz comes off as though he believes the stuff he says. That's scary. as does Bernie. terrifying in both cases....

Rubio comes off as though he's saying what he thinks the audience wants to hear. Ie he's effectively for sale to voters. as does Trump. Hillary is a completely different type of fear, but even fanatical dems are too smart to pick her I hope

I agree with you though. My worry is Rubio is trying to shore up the vote that will eventually come if Trump melts down - which agrees with your take on it. But I worry that's it not pandering, ala John Kerry, but really just showing his true colors......He's essentially Cruz, but with really big ears

IMHO - I'm more terrified of lefty and righty "true believers" than I am of "politician for sale" (which is ironic, because I'd have loved to see Ron Paul vs Bernie as an example just to see what the country would do with such a very clear distinction of philosophies)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I didn't mention her because she wasn't mentioned in the post I referenced. I think I've made it clear I'm not enamored of Hillary.

The reason I'm not as scared of Bernie is that I think he'll get as much pushback from Congress as Trump would. However, he'd at least be polite, and is far less likely to start a war just because he's president

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I didn't mention her because she wasn't mentioned in the post I referenced. I think I've made it clear I'm not enamored of Hillary.

The reason I'm not as scared of Bernie is that I think he'll get as much pushback from Congress as Trump would. However, he'd at least be polite, and is far less likely to start a war just because he's president

Wendy P.

People were worried Reagan would start a war too

These kind of comments are just fear mongering....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

Wendy P.

I miss the good old days when it required an act of Congress to start a war.[:/]

BTW I'm thinking Cruz might find himself at odds with *both* sides of the aisles if he were elected.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

rushmc

***I didn't mention her because she wasn't mentioned in the post I referenced. I think I've made it clear I'm not enamored of Hillary.

Wendy P.

People were worried Reagan would start a war too

Too wussy to invade anyplace bigger than Panama or Granada.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.