JohnnyMarko

Active Shooters in San Bernardino, CA

That is one way to view that infographic, the attitude towards cops around here and the posters history suggest it was posted otherwise.

Another discussion if he implied it that way on why we can never bridge that gap to the UK's stats can be made but I wont as it is a waste of time as the previous threads about mass shooting have came to the same result trolling and name calling.

You are not from the US but I call on others here to actually post a resonable solution that might help curb this.

kallend

And I do not give a fuck about any other country and besides

'Cause 'Murica!!!!

***There are stories out there refuting your links but it really does not matter

Doesn't matter cause it potentially destroys the pro-gun lobby's ideas that gun control only affects the law-abiding citizen? Please provide such links, i'd love to see them.

Another stat: zero mass shootings in Australia since the gun buyback.

The average person in any country really doesn't give a crap about what other countries do unless it physically affects them.

So why are we so involved with: Israel, Libya, Iraq, Iran, Syria...

We could let them mind their own business.

I think we should. Just keep an eye on them and who we let in that might hurt us.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

First, I hope there is a sufficient disclosure with respect to the weapons used and whether or not the weapons used by the assailants (I’ll avoid using inflammatory words here even though I think they’re scumbag evil radical Islamic terrorists) were legal to be owned within the borders of the State of California. It cannot be ruled out that the weapons were bought out of state and then brought in and of course discreetly hidden until the appointed time. Let’s hope an enterprising reporter interested in the facts and letting the facts of how the weapons were acquired stand on their own. I hope you will agree that enough of the political polemic has been sufficiently blasted over the airwaves.

The facts are that a person who obeys the law is to be left alone, until they decide to violate the law and of course once discovered, forced to stop either through arrest or in this case legitimately shot dead in the streets under the known circumstances of this horrific event.

But as the law is fractured by the offenders in this case; when seconds count, the cops are minutes away. This is not a criticism of the LEO’s mind you it’s just a hard fact. AND…in a “safe” zone declared to be weapons free, it’s gonna suck big time if your assailant is armed and you are not. TSK TSK but that’s the way the pickle squirts eh? Some facts are very simple and don’t require a doctoral dissertation; a declared gun free zone backed up with the force of law is simply a target for the bad guys.

“We will use your laws against you!” Al Qaeda declared it back in 2001 and ISIS is applying this strategy as well. We have wolves among us in sheep’s clothing who at the time of their choosing, shed their wool and bear their teeth to murderous consequences and we don’t have enough sheepdogs to protect the herd.

All of your impassioned pleas about changing the American psyche; movies that portray violence, angry people are moot and will not change the heart and minds of these terrorists. We just might agree on some of your points (operative word “might) but I’m the wrong audience. Try all you wish to cajole, reason, debate etc. It is impossible to even have a discussion with those (the audience you should be directing you pleas to) who’s hardened mindset from beginning to end is the death of those (and that probably includes you) who do not believe as they do and or comply with their wishes/view of the world…whatever. But go ahead if you like; your choice, your time, your values etc etc. After all, we live in America where such rights are guaranteed.

Likewise, I’ve decided that I would rather see them shot down like infected rabid vermin without remorse and with extreme prejudice rather than debate or listen to them. On a personal note, given the situation and being well armed. I wouldn’t hesitate a minute to turn these dirt bags into hog feed.

In the meantime, it’s time to clean the weapons having spent som time at the the range last night. Like the rights you choose to exercise, I will do the same, albeit, different number.

cvfd1399

You are not from the US but I call on others here to actually post a resonable solution that might help curb this.

I did live in the US for 18years, so feel I have at least a general understanding.

There is no single solution, but I assure you that doing nothing is not the solution
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

All of your impassioned pleas about changing the American psyche; movies that portray violence, angry people are moot and will not change the heart and minds of these terrorists.

Likely that is true, regarding terrorists. I was thinking more of the constant background of violence that is so "normal" it only makes the local news. An argument over a trivial matter that leads to gunfire. The angry rejected looser who feels justified in taking a gun to his (very rarely her) ex and often their family and friends for good measure. Even a lot of gang violence is based on notions of "respect" and "honor". Mass shootings (defined as a single incident in which 4 or more people are shot) are a daily occurrence in the US. This "normal" violence accounts for a far larger toll than terrorism. The 14 killed in San Bernadino were eclipsed several fold by "normal" killings that same day. Perhaps this latest mass shooting has already caused us to forget about the shooting at an Oregon college in which "only" 9 people were killed, just last October. This is what I think we can change with a change in the culture. If it isn't something about American culture that accounts for the relatively high violence rate compared to other countries with high rates of gun ownership, then what is it in your opinion? Why do so many more people here accept killing as a means to settle grievances, protect honor, make a living, or achieve other ends?

Terrorism is of course a completely different phenomena.
Don

RMK

*** You are not from the US but I call on others here to actually post a resonable solution that might help curb this.

I did live in the US for 18years, so feel I have at least a general understanding.

There is no single solution, but I assure you that doing nothing is not the solution

Who said do nothing? Sure as hell wasn't me, and I have not seen a single person here say it. And for you to say it well let's just give you the title of captain obvious.

GeorgiaDon

Why do so many more people here accept killing as a means to settle grievances, protect honor, make a living, or achieve other ends?

Terrorism is of course a completely different phenomena.
Don

I would guess that we have larger balls than the rest of the world.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

Then why are so many afraid of refugees?

Because of the implied threat that the media and talking heads have put out there.

Better safe than sorry.

a declared unsecured gun free zone backed up with the force of law is simply a target for the bad guys.

"Gun free zones" should be just that, not just on the honor system. If one does not want passive security (allowing those that choose to carry), they must provide active security in the form of armed guards and searches before entering.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

a declared unsecured gun free zone backed up with the force of law is simply a target for the bad guys.

"Gun free zones" should be just that, not just on the honor system. If one does not want passive security (allowing those that choose to carry), they must provide active security in the form of armed guards and searches before entering.

Spend trillions on the climate that makes little to no difference, and next to nothing that actually does make differences.

Bolas

TSA.......LMFAO!

cvfd1399

TSA.......LMFAO!

How often do you hear about guns getting inside airports? How many mass shootings inside an airport?

Much of what they do is security theater, but they are at least searching all who enter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-undercover-dhs-tests-find-widespread-security-failures/story?id=31434881

An internal investigation of the Transportation Security Administration revealed security failures at dozens of the nation’s busiest airports, where undercover investigators were able to smuggle mock explosives or banned weapons through checkpoints in 95 percent of trials, ABC News has learned.

***According to officials briefed on the results of a recent Homeland Security Inspector General’s report, TSA agents failed 67 out of 70 tests, with Red Team members repeatedly able to get potential weapons through checkpoints.

By no means am I defending the TSA. The execution is severely flawed, but the concept is sound. Additionally, since they're being audited that means they know their weaknesses and are trying to improve them.

How many mass shootings have we had inside an airport?

normiss

Then why are so many afraid of refugees?

Because the refugees are mostly Muslim and many western nation citizens are suspicious of Muslims lately. There is a subset of Christian refugees that are welcomed.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

So much for the big balls then.
:S

It takes balls to stand up to the "PC" crowd and defend yourself from threats.

It takes a LOT more energy than it used to keep your self from being criticized and mocked by those that would roll over and get shot rather than defend what is right.

normiss

So much for the big balls then.

Remember when so many of "you people" kept touting that it was only a perceived threat?

***Is it STILL only perceived now?

Is it a real threat now?

What say you?

normiss

No, it's not.

Do you think France has an idea what an Islamic radical threat is?

What does it take? Rather how many people must be killed before you consider it a threat?

Obviously you consider our own police a bigger threat. What did it take for you to decide our police were a bigger threat than Islamic extremists?