JohnnyMarko

Paris attacks: Shootings kill 18, hostage-taking at Bataclan arts centre

jakee

The people fleeing from the Islamic fundamentalists in Syria might disagree.

Ah
Did you happen to see the report yesterday that stated 93% of those being accepted are muslim?

Why is the US discriminating this way?

Christians are being eliminated from the middle east yet less than 7% being let in are Christian?

You need to educate yourself a bit more it appears

Who would be fleeing these Islamic radicals more than the Christians of that region?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>And killing them doesn't demoralize "the enemy," it instead sets their resolve.
>Or at least it would set mine -- would having hour friends or family killed going
>about their business make you give up?

Agreed. A lot of the radicals currently fighting in the Middle East aren't fighting because they "hate freedom" or any such tripe - they are fighting to get revenge on the people who killed their children. I suspect most people here would have a similar reaction to such an experience.

And even the ones who haven't experienced that kind of loss are being convinced that the US (and other western countries) want them all dead, so fighting is a simple act of self-defense. To prove this, terrorist leaders can just point to the latest Trump speech, or the latest Breitbart article, or even one of RonD's posts right here as "proof" that Americans want them all dead.

I just love it when people like you state that they know what is in the hearts and minds of others

Revealing as hell don't you think?

Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>PS. I would not be overly concerned if you and your neighbors take them all in.

How Christian of you.

I have never been real clear on what that means when it is expressed by a non-Christian.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Did you happen to see the report yesterday that stated 93% of those being accepted are muslim?

We aren't. If you can link to the article you think you read, I'm sure can point out passages that show that we aren't.

As usual, you're taken the clickbait headline version of the news and used it to form your beliefs.

- Dan G

I just love it when people like you state that they know what is in the hearts and minds of others

As opposed to when you or people on your "side" do the same thing?

If you'd take time to actual study terrorism and counter-terroism (which you won't) you'll realize that Bill is exactly right. The terrorists do what they do to try and create more conflict and disproportionate reactions from legitimate governments. They then use those reactions to recruit and inspire more followers. It's pretty classical insurgency theory.

But since Bill is on the other "side" you have to disagree with him at every turn.

- Dan G

billvon

On the other hand, so far the only "religion" to use nuclear bombs on civilians have been Christians.

Wrong, it was not a religion. It was the U.S.A. You need to learn to dichotomize your thinking. Christians are judged by Christ as individuals not collectively.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>I have never been real clear on what that means when it is expressed by a
>non-Christian.

Being a Christian means following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

How many Muslims would Jesus kill? How many refugees would He turn away? How high a wall would He build to keep them out?

Interesting you assume that I am a non-Christian by the way.

billvon

>I have never been real clear on what that means when it is expressed by a
>non-Christian.

Being a Christian means following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

How many Muslims would Jesus kill? How many refugees would He turn away? How high a wall would He build to keep them out?

Interesting you assume that I am a non-Christian by the way.

Wrong, being a Christian means you have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. His teachings are a guide and we all have problems with that.

The key is to identify with the death of Christ on the cross.

I use the duck test.

Ah

Nope. Can you link to it?

I thought you said the US government didn't discriminate.

Christians are being eliminated from the middle east yet less than 7% being let in are Christian?

How many of them are fleeing? What is the percentage of Muslim vs Christian applicants?

Who would be fleeing these Islamic radicals more than the Christians of that region?

Groups that consist of more people?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

>I just love it when people like you state that they know what is in the hearts
>and minds of others

Of course. When you do it, it's common sense. When I do it, it's absurd. RushMC logic at its finest.

Ya well
Two things

I think you will find it hard to find a comparison to what I replied to in your post

Second
you admit you are trying to read minds and therefore, probably do not know what you are talking about

I can say this because I posted the history of Islam on this site before

They have hated us LONG before we ever go involved in their business

But then, political arguments favor ignoring historical facts now days
Abraham Lincoln

Just in case some of you forgot (or otherwise)

By Steve Deace - - Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quote:

To many in the Muslim world, the United States is “the great Satan.” Nevertheless, there is no place safer and more prosperous in the world for a Muslim to live than right here.

Why is that?

It’s because there is something fundamental about Islam we have chosen to ignore due to political correctness. This truth is so self-evident, I find myself nodding my head in agreement with Bill Maher — someone whose worldview is the polar opposite of mine — whenever he speaks on the subject of the West and Islam.

This truth is that Islam has literally been at war with others and itself from the very beginning. It’s founder, Muhammad, spent the last two decades of his life in almost constant warfare. Unlike Christ, who willingly gave up his own life to pay the penalty for the sins of others, Muhammad died taking the lives of others who would not willingly submit to Allah.

This is historical fact.

Since Muhammad left no obvious heir, his followers immediately broke down into rival camps — our modern-day Sunnis and Shiites — that have been warring with each other since long before the Holy Roman Empire gave birth to what we now know as Western Civilization. Furthermore, one of the rationales for forming the Holy Roman Empire in the first place was to combat the Muslim invasion of Europe.

This is another historical fact.

Much of what we today call the “Muslim world” was originally a key component of the Christian world. In fact, the term “Christians” was first applied to Jesus’ followers in Syria. The apocalyptic Book of Revelation begins with letters to seven churches in what was then called Asia Minor, which is our modern-day Turkey. Some of the oldest enclaves of Christianity were in places like Egypt and Lebanon, but their numbers dwindled considerably throughout the centuries due to violent Islamic conquest of those regions.

This, again, is historical fact.

The first overseas war in our nation’s history was against Muslims known as the Barbary Coast Pirates, whose ambassador admitted to Thomas Jefferson they were raiding our ships because “it was their right and duty to make war upon (infidels) wherever they can be found” in the name of Muhammad. The line from the Marine’s hymn “to the shores of Tripoli” is a reference to this war. So our nation faced Islamic jihad long before we discovered Middle Eastern oil and started meddling in their affairs, contrary to the misguided view of history often espoused by Ron Paul.

Once more, this is historical fact.

Islam has never established a culture that both installed sharia law and recognized individual freedoms. Those that tried faced conquest from the caliphate (see Ottoman Empire of yesteryear and ISIS of today), or incursions from their own radicals for betraying the faith.

Finally, this is not only a fact of history but a fact of our right now.

There is no place in the world today where Islam dominates the culture and mankind is truly free, which is why our politically correct elites often declare Islam is in need of its own Reformation. However, what they don’t understand, because they ignore history (and thus reality) in favor of their own confirmation bias, is that violence within Islam is its Reformation.

If you have truly studied the Koran you know why. There is inspiration in the Koran, and there is ugliness, too. Like Allah turning the Jews into apes and pigs, and the numerous calls to wage war on infidels. And you don’t have to look hard to find it. This confusion within the Koran creates confusion within Islam. As people who seek to spread Allah’s message peacefully, and those who do so by any means necessary, can honestly call upon passages from the same book to justify their actions. Attempts by our politically-correct leaders to divorce violence from Islam only emboldens the jihadists to kill all the more to fight for the purity of their faith, just as the Koran demands.

Political correctness, which embraces moral relativism, will quickly respond with all the blood spilled within Christianity by Protestants and Catholics in the past. However, the reason we haven’t seen that happen in the United States is our Founding Fathers learned from that history, and established a civilization based on individual rights. That your rights don’t come from a group identity, class distinction or government. That you have rights no one can take away from you, because you were made as an individual in the image of the Creator, who is where our rights come from.

It is impossible to establish a society within a Muslim world on such a premise, because Islam doesn’t champion the individual but the group. The world is simply divided into two camps — believers and unbelievers. And unlike the New Testament, which is clear a Christian is to treat others as he would like to be treated, there are several places where the Koran makes it quite clear unbelievers are less than second-class citizens.

Until we are willing to remove our politically correct blinders and objectively acknowledge history, as well as the reality of the worldview we’re up against, discussing solutions to this dilemma is pointless.

The first solution is to acknowledge the truth. Any so-called “solution” that ignores the truth is just going to get more people killed.

Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

For example, the Islamic terrorist that opened fire on the Chattanooga recruiting station was not identified until it was too late.

Chattanooga TN is close to home.

What terrorist was that? If you're talking about the loser who shot up the recruiting office, then drove across town to attack the NOSC in July, then let's get that story straight. He was an alcoholic and drug addict. He was also drunk at the time of the rampage. Not a terrorist, just a loser and a copy-cat.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

In the wake of these events some nations and leaders are choosing courage, others are embracing fear.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/11/18/texas-fights-refuse-syrian-refugees-france-welcomes-them/75992772/
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

In the wake of these events some nations and leaders are choosing courage, others are embracing fear.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/11/18/texas-fights-refuse-syrian-refugees-france-welcomes-them/75992772/

Oh

You moved it

Ok

I deleted my post that referenced this

I think you are going to see a changing sentiment

But I refute your courage and fear framing of the issue

It makes common sense to stop the influx when they can not be vetted

Most of those entering are middle aged males and not women and children and many of the media outlets are lying about

I have read a couple of stories about Germany and how Merkel is in trouble

I think you jumped the shark here a bit
Abraham Lincoln

But I refute your courage and fear framing of the issue

Abbott probably is not afraid, he is likely merely shamelessly pandering and posturing. But fear is what he projects and he is a leader.

Editing because after I posted, this piece of humour popped up on my FB feed:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2347401/americans-threatening-to-move-to-canada-if-u-s-takes-in-syrian-refugees/

I know a lot of Americans. Not one of them is this dumb.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Hi Ken,

I know a lot of Americans. Not one of them is this dumb.

I don't either. I try to stay away from people of that thinking.

Re: 'Many Americans are threatening to move to Canada if the U.S. allows Syrian refugees into the country.'

Please, oh pretty please; would you just take them?

:P

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

>Wrong, it was not a religion. It was the U.S.A.

Good! Then what the USSR and Nazi Germany did was done by countries, not by atheism.

Now as soon as Coreece gets that, we're done.

Perhaps you didn't get it when I acknowledged in post 63 that atheistic leaders have not have always tortured or killed directly to promote atheism. You're also ignoring the history of the atheistic terrorist organizations that did.

The quote that Kallend was responding to is from an objective audit of the relationship between religion, war and secular society that's derived from a multitude of credible sources. It's very informative and provides some perspective on the issue - highly recommended.

The more important part of the quote that some people seem to be missing is this:
"The common thread here linking the disposition to war of religious and atheistic states is absolutism: the more absolutist the state, the more likely it is to go to war."
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

rushmc

Just in case some of you forgot (or otherwise)

By Steve Deace - - Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Quote:

To many in the Muslim world, the United States is “the great Satan.” Nevertheless, there is no place safer and more prosperous in the world for a Muslim to live than right here.

Funny, I saw a Facebook meme just yesterday that said Islam was the religion of Satan, etc., etc., etc. It had tens of thousands of "likes".

Seems that Satan is always on the other side.

Fortunately there are some of us who believe Satan is no more real than Santa.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.