JohnnyMarko

Paris attacks: Shootings kill 18, hostage-taking at Bataclan arts centre

Actually, yes I do.

Seriously, you refrain to judge whether the Holocaust was justified? You're going to say that with a straight face?

I try to spend my energy concerning myself with the here and now.

You don't feel that looking at historical events and identifying mistakes that were made then could possibly help identify mistakes that are being made in the present or could be made in the near future?

That's a very odd point of view.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

******No
It was motivated by fear

But that fact does not fit your narrative!!

Yeah, they were afraid of them because they're yellow.

Once again, if it was otherwise why where white german-americans not treated so harshly?

In YOUR opinion

Which I reject out of hand!

So the question stands. Any answer to it?

jakee

*********No
It was motivated by fear

Yeah, they were afraid of them because they're yellow.

Once again, if it was otherwise why where white german-americans not treated so harshly?

In YOUR opinion

Which I reject out of hand!

So the question stands. Any answer to it?

There is nothing to answer
You can have your opinion

And I can reject that opinion

do I think what was done was right?

Hell no!

But you sure as fuck do NOT have the answer!
THAT IS A FACT!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Was it necessary, at the time, as a temporary measure? According to the history of and people leading the fight at the time- unfortunately yes.

Again, if it was so neccessary then why were yellow americans with family ties to the enemy treated so differently to white americans with family ties to the enemy?

I wouldn't know. I wasn't there at the time.

Neither were you, so all we have to go on is what is written in the books.

So go with what's written in the books and you'll figure out that it was unnecessary and motivated by racism.

No
It was motivated by fear

Canada did the same thing at the same time. It was indeed motivated by fear. Also racism. They work hand in hand. The fact is that the largely white society under the stress of war was not able to believe that Japanese immigrants would be more loyal to us than to the Emperor. Germans immigrants were also suspect, but more numerous, more integrated, and white Christians. But in the end, no more or less likely to be spies.

Was it justified? It's politically correct these days to say no. And that has been acknowledged by most. However, it was a desperate time. Unlike today, the threat really was existential. I'm inclined to believe it was not necessary, but I'm reasonable sure I would have done something similar under the circumstances. Or at the very least be willing to look the other way.

Is that racism? Of course it is. Racism can sometimes be justified. It's such a loaded word that everyone wants to deny being under it's sway. The fact is we all are.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

There is nothing to answer

But there is. If treatment of Japanese-Americans was not at all racially motivated then why was it so much harsher than treatment of German-Americans.

do I think what was done was right?

Hell no!

But you sure as fuck do NOT have the answer!
THAT IS A FACT!

Why is it that you think the treatment of Japanese-Americans could not have been racially motivated? The US Government in the 1940s was institutionally racist at every level, this is an undeniable fact. Jim Crow laws, segregated schools, segregated military... the list goes on.

Why are you so strongly set against the idea that racism could have had anything to do with Japanese internment. Apart from your desire to never agree with me, obviously:S

DanG

Check out this:

http://www.americanthinker.com/...ining_compounds.html

As expected, a right wing survivalist website with a poorly sourced anti-Muslim article.

Would you please share your intel resources so that I can read what you consider credible?

Thanks. Things move slow up here in bumfuck GA. Internet data is hand carried.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

winsor

***>(Compare and contrast the treatment of white americans of German heritage
>and yellow americans of Japanese heritage)

I am certain some people here would applaud the US for what they did to Japanese Americans during WWII. They were just as scary to 1940's era Americans as Muslims are to many people today.

You confuse ethnicity with ideology. Japanese is ethnicity, Islam is ideology.

To use the Teutonic example, someone whose forebears settled in Lancaster County and still spoke German, but read Mein Kampf and said "this is badly written drivel, that nobody with half a brain could accept!" is not much of a threat.

Someone, OTOH, who read Mein Kampf and said "gee, this is enlightening! Why, I can find no fault with any of these marvelous revelations!" is a real problem.

Similarly, someone who reads the Koran and says "this is seriously fucked up" is not a problem, regardless of their ethnicity.

Again, if someone reads the Koran and says "gee, this is enlightening! Why, I can find no fault with any of these marvelous revelations!," they have demonstrated a malignant disconnect in their cognitive processes, and anyone that fucked up in the head is justifiably scary.

Someone I knew that had a few mental wiring issues complained that someone with cancer got sympathy, but that someone with mental illness did not. I pointed out that someone with cancer was not likely to snap and do irreparable harm to themselves and/or anyone within range.

The mental illness that is Islam is one of the most pathological forms of mental malware out there. Don't get me wrong, the group that venerates a means of executing Jews gives me pause, putting the symbols of their mode of execution hither and yon, but that is a separate issue. Islam, in any form and in no uncertain terms, specifies the use of self-destruction as an offensive tactic. I thus hold accountable to anyone who adheres to that ism.

The bastardization of Bushido that was used to further the Imperial Japanese goals had a similar self-destruct offensive mechanism, which was a show stopper for Americans for sure. I know my father had a complete change of perspective the first time he saw Kamikazes in action.

In the military, one has to swear an oath to put on the uniform. In wartime, anyone wearing that uniform is fair game to the opposition.

We are at war, regardless of whose fault that is, and anyone who has sworn an oath to Islam has opted for the other side. Their choice.

Admittedly, letting on that one has concluded that Islam is seriously evil after claiming to be Muslim places one at the risk of being treated as an apostate, which is fatal, so people may consider the risk of infidels to be trivial compared to the very real risk of the True Believers around them.

In any event, equating Japanese ethnicity with Islam is either uninformed or disingenuous.

BSBD,

Winsor

BRAVO!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"Again, if someone reads the Koran bible and says "gee, this is enlightening! Why, I can find no fault with any of these marvelous revelations!," they have demonstrated a malignant disconnect in their cognitive processes, and anyone that fucked up in the head is justifiably scary. "

:P

them asked my dad in a confrontational manner about the interment of the Japanese and how wrong it was.
He surprised me by keeping his cool and told them that it was very wrong that their property was taken, business's ruined however he had no problem with removing them from the west coast.

Yes, those were different times. But the fact that some people were OK with a given action by the government doesn't mean it was OK either then or now.

After the Ohio National Guard at Kent State shot and killed four student protesters, several military commentators stated that it was understandable, that those kids were effectively guilty of treason, they threw rocks and so the guards were just defending themselves etc. And it was a time of turmoil in the US. That did not make it right then, and it would not excuse such an action today.

normiss

"Again, if someone reads the Koran bible and says "gee, this is enlightening! Why, I can find no fault with any of these marvelous revelations!," they have demonstrated a malignant disconnect in their cognitive processes, and anyone that fucked up in the head is justifiably scary. "

What would you choose to do with us? Should we be segregated in some fashion? Maybe we should only be allowed to express our beliefs in the confines of a predetermined establishment. Oh wait...never mind.

Prejudicial bigotry is acceptable if the intended recipient is Christian.

This whole thread is about terrorism. Those committing the atrocities are avowed Muslims. Therefore, I am weary of any stranger in my neighborhood claiming allegiance to Allah.

I just want to know, how do we separate the so called peaceful Muslims from the deceitful murderous ones? That is of course prior to them killing folks and/or detonating themselves in public.

Should we invite them to our Pentecostal worship service or maybe one of our church bar-b-ques?
That is normally what we do with newcomers in our area.

What do you think would happen if they decide to construct a mosque up here in the north GA mountains? What do you think the permit process will be for them? How do you think the local born and raised mountain folk are going to react? Without a shot being fired their property will likely be bathed in wild hog blood and carcasses.

Bringing Syrian refugees into this area can create no good, for anyone.

Let the Catholic Charities et.al., settle the widows and orphans if necessary but the males should be resettled elsewhere.

NIMBY works for other issues, like nuclear waste, and it will work throughout the U.S. for Syrians.

We cannot allow the Islamic terrorists to exploit our humanity to promote their terror. I heard that on the news yesterday. I like the sentiment.

billvon

them asked my dad in a confrontational manner about the interment of the Japanese and how wrong it was.
He surprised me by keeping his cool and told them that it was very wrong that their property was taken, business's ruined however he had no problem with removing them from the west coast.

Yes, those were different times. But the fact that some people were OK with a given action by the government doesn't mean it was OK either then or now.

After the Ohio National Guard at Kent State shot and killed four student protesters, several military commentators stated that it was understandable, that those kids were effectively guilty of treason, they threw rocks and so the guards were just defending themselves etc. And it was a time of turmoil in the US. That did not make it right then, and it would not excuse such an action today.

An old saying from the time, "It's a good thing they weren't regular Army. They would have got them all."

You conveniently ignore the history of your own religion.
There is no difference.
Justifying your insanity over someone else's insanity makes even less sense.
Believe what you want, leave everyone else alone.
WE would happily welcome refugees in our home.
Wow, sounds "christian" to me.

normiss

You conveniently ignore the history of your own religion.
There is no difference.
Justifying your insanity over someone else's insanity makes even less sense.
Believe what you want, leave everyone else alone.
WE would happily welcome refugees in our home.
Wow, sounds "christian" to me.

And you are conveniently ignoring current social reality.

PS. I would not be overly concerned if you and your neighbors take them all in.

Hi Ken,

It was indeed motivated by fear. Also racism.

This is it exactly. I was alive at that time; although I was just a very little fella & do not remember it.

However, I do remember talking to my mother about it & listening to my aunts & uncles talk about it.

We had been attacked. There was a very strong belief, here on the West coast, that the Japanese would invade the mainland. The thinking was that it would be very possible that the Japanese-Americans would assist in any invasion.

Racism was just one element of the fear.

We did not incarcerate German-Americans because Germany had not attacked us.

I am quite sure that my mother still believes it was the right thing to do.

No one writing here can understand the fear that was rampant at that time.

Jerry Baumchen

wmw999

The mothers, fathers, spouses, sisters, brothers, and children of terrorists matter to each other, just as the mothers, fathers, spouses, sisters, brothers and children of US soldiers matter to each other.

And killing them doesn't demoralize "the enemy," it instead sets their resolve. Or at least it would set mine -- would having hour friends or family killed going about their business make you give up?

Wendy P.

So, if your brother in law, who lives with you and your family, decided to make a video of his friends lopping the head off of a Muslim, you wouldn't think that maybe your immediate vicinity is now a dangerous place to be?

Especially when islam has declared that if that sort of thing continues they will blow you up?

I know that if I were to aid and abed a fellow on the run, I would also know I may have to pay the price.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

After doing some light research, TMOA does seem sketchy. The problem is that there is very little mainstream coverage of them. Almost all the websites that discuss them I would consider far right wing. There have been some members convicted of crimes, but only a few over a couple decades. If they are really that militant, they don't seem to be very good at terrorism.

On the other hand, the idea of a bunch of like-minded religious folks up in the mountains with lots of guns doesn't sound too different from where you live. Are you sure they aren't just survivalists like you?

- Dan G

>So, if your brother in law, who lives with you and your family, decided to make a
>video of his friends lopping the head off of a Muslim, you wouldn't think that
>maybe your immediate vicinity is now a dangerous place to be?

>Especially when islam has declared that if that sort of thing continues they will
>blow you up?

Definitely.

But let's say your wife works in an embassy in Saudi Arabia. The embassy has, on occasion, had US soldiers as guards. A local ISIS group says they will kill any Americans who continue to support the occupation.

One day they blow up the embassy and kill everyone in it.

Who are you going to be mad at? ISIS or the US government? Will you be mad at ISIS even though they said, quite clearly, that if this sort of thing continues they will blow it up?

What would you choose to do with us? Should we be segregated in some fashion? Maybe we should only be allowed to express our beliefs in the confines of a predetermined establishment. Oh wait...never mind.

Prejudicial bigotry is acceptable if the intended recipient is Christian.

You're not only allowed to express your beliefs in a predetermined establishment. You just can't push them at a government level or discriminate through your business. Which all applies to muslims as well.

I just want to know, how do we separate the so called peaceful Muslims from the deceitful murderous ones? That is of course prior to them killing folks and/or detonating themselves in public.

How do you seperate peaceful citizens from muggers? Before they stick a gun in your face and steal your wallet, of course.

What do you think would happen if they decide to construct a mosque up here in the north GA mountains?

They'd have a mosque.

What do you think the permit process will be for them?

Same as for anyone else, I hope.

How do you think the local born and raised mountain folk are going to react? Without a shot being fired their property will likely be bathed in wild hog blood and carcasses.

I don't know how they'll react. Apparently you think they'll react like pig-ignorant, tiny-minded, criminal, cowardly, vandalising cunts.

Bringing Syrian refugees into this area can create no good, for anyone.

The people fleeing from the Islamic fundamentalists in Syria might disagree.

kallend

******When compared to christian violence over the course of history who wins?

"Atheist governments in the USSR, China and Russia were in fact the biggest perpetrators of mass violence that the world has ever seen, with both governments individually responsible for many more deaths than the Nazi regime of Adolf Hitler.

Apples and Oranges. If you're going to classify all murders committed by atheists as done for the purpose of promoting atheism, then you have to classify ALL murders committed by Christians as done in the name of Christianity. When you do that, Christianity wins hands down. Especially in the USA.

Do you have a running tally? I'd venture to guess that atheists would win in the categories of efficiency and kill rate. It took Christians about 1500 years to build their body count after Constantine's militarization of Christianity.

It took only a handful of atheistic goons to kill 100 million people in just the middle part of the 20th century alone - maniacal savages!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

DanG

After doing some light research, TMOA does seem sketchy. The problem is that there is very little mainstream coverage of them. Almost all the websites that discuss them I would consider far right wing. There have been some members convicted of crimes, but only a few over a couple decades. If they are really that militant, they don't seem to be very good at terrorism.

On the other hand, the idea of a bunch of like-minded religious folks up in the mountains with lots of guns doesn't sound too different from where you live. Are you sure they aren't just survivalists like you?

Thank you for your reply. The MOA as well as us may be of the same mentality. Right now my, our, concern is the influx of Syrians.

>And killing them doesn't demoralize "the enemy," it instead sets their resolve.
>Or at least it would set mine -- would having hour friends or family killed going
>about their business make you give up?

Agreed. A lot of the radicals currently fighting in the Middle East aren't fighting because they "hate freedom" or any such tripe - they are fighting to get revenge on the people who killed their children. I suspect most people here would have a similar reaction to such an experience.

And even the ones who haven't experienced that kind of loss are being convinced that the US (and other western countries) want them all dead, so fighting is a simple act of self-defense. To prove this, terrorist leaders can just point to the latest Trump speech, or the latest Breitbart article, or even one of RonD's posts right here as "proof" that Americans want them all dead.