normiss

Dr. Carson the street thug?

But the 24 hour news cycle is our friend, they would NEVER have an agenda, or attempt to sway public opinion. Even if swaying means lying, I mean Robert Redford says it didn't happen that way.......

The guy is a brain surgeon, the left is terrified of him and what he stands for. CNN and the ilk will do anything to discredit him, in contrast to how they didn't vet the current POTUS.

Unfortunately, that's how the game is played in the media/internet age...............

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

>CNN and the ilk will do anything to discredit him

He's doing a fine job of that himself. The most incriminating part of the stuff about him is his own words.

>in contrast to how they didn't vet the current POTUS.

Definitely. We never heard a thing from the media about how he was "just" a community organizer, how he was a Muslim who was born in Kenya, how he "threw his grandmother under the bus," how he would confiscate all guns when he was elected, how he was planning FEMA concentration camps or how he refused to say the pledge of allegiance. We never heard about Bill Ayers or Rev. Wright, and Obama was never connected to those people. He was never accused of being a secret terrorist who would establish a New Caliphate in the US. Never heard a peep about him going to a Madrasa as a kid, or that he speaks Arabic as his native tongue. And of course we never heard anything about his birth certificate.

Right.

billvon

>CNN and the ilk will do anything to discredit him

He's doing a fine job of that himself. The most incriminating part of the stuff about him is his own words.

>in contrast to how they didn't vet the current POTUS.

Definitely. We never heard a thing from the media about how he was "just" a community organizer, how he was a Muslim who was born in Kenya, how he "threw his grandmother under the bus," how he would confiscate all guns when he was elected, how he was planning FEMA concentration camps or how he refused to say the pledge of allegiance. We never heard about Bill Ayers or Rev. Wright, and Obama was never connected to those people. He was never accused of being a secret terrorist who would establish a New Caliphate in the US. Never heard a peep about him going to a Madrasa as a kid, or that he speaks Arabic as his native tongue. And of course we never heard anything about his birth certificate.

Right.

I believe you proved his point for him.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Really?

The major news networks, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC et al, never vetted the current POTUS to standards previously held by the 5th estate.

One major network even fabricated things in an attempt to influence an election.

Don't confuse talk radio, Alex Jones, or some of the others for news outlets.

For a smart guy like you, ignoring the bias that exists in a large portion of the major news networks is simply not looking at facts.

>Really?

Really. Are you going to tell me you never heard any of the above from any news source?

>One major network even fabricated things in an attempt to influence an election.

Yes, they did. FOX claimed Obama called Romney a felon, that he was behind in polls when he was not (in fact, even when FOX News polls put him ahead!) that Obama was "selling amnesty" to illegal aliens, that Obama was trying to bar vets from voting and that Obama's birth certificate was a fraud.

Yes, they did. FOX claimed Obama called Romney a felon, that he was behind in polls when he was not (in fact, even when FOX News polls put him ahead!) that Obama was "selling amnesty" to illegal aliens, that Obama was trying to bar vets from voting and that Obama's birth certificate was a fraud.

No,
I mean an actual fabrication, not mud slinging. But even then, Robert Redford is trying to salvage the guys career.
This argument is a loser Bill and I think you know it.

I'd love to see an actual poll of how many "journalists" are regidtered democrats vs, republicans. But it will never happen, they will continue to feign objectivity.

Hi skycop,

I mean an actual fabrication

I think just maybe you have little knowledge of the word fabrication.

These are fabrications:

> FOX claimed Obama called Romney a felon

> that he was behind in polls

> Obama was "selling amnesty"

> Obama was trying to bar vets from voting

> Obama's birth certificate was a fraud

But then Shakespeare did write: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

Jerry Baumchen

Again,
Politics are a full contact sport, the things you mention are mud-slinging plain and simple. Inaccurate reporting is a staple of the 24 hour news cycle.

CBS's trusted anchor simply lied and fabricated documents, and timed his fabrication in an attempt to influence an election.

No one wants to answer the political affiliation issue brought up, because the answer is painfully obvious.

Opinion and political analysis are much different than hard news.

So lies about liberals are full contact sport, and lies about conservatives are lies. Interesting.
I've just moved to a small town; our local paper is much smaller, and I've just about decided I love it's size. Ya know, I really didn't need to read about all the fights, just what it is that is being fought over.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Do you mean, Ben Carson, West Point Cadet?

I just read an article stating that they check Gen Westmoreland's schedule and he wasn't even in Detroit at the time he supposedly offered Carson the appointment to West Point.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

No, he claimed that he was given a full scholarship to West Point. Now he is conceding that never happened.

I now see what you're saying about there being a banquet about 4 months earlier.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

lummy

No, he claimed that he was given a full scholarship to West Point. Now he is conceding that never happened.

I now see what you're saying about there being a banquet about 4 months earlier.

Carson is toast.

Part of his appeal is his apparent honesty. Since it is becoming apparent that he is a lying piece of shit, his numbers are likely to tank.

Clinton, OTOH, is a lawyer, so 'truth' to her depends on what the definition of "is" is.

BSBD,

Winsor

He never claimed he applied or attended. It is possible at the time he talked with the General he understood he may be able to receive an endorsement if he applied.
That would be very feasible.
"You don't get many warnings in this sport before you get damaged"

BKS60

He never claimed he applied or attended. It is possible at the time he talked with the General he understood he may be able to receive an endorsement if he applied.
That would be very feasible.

Stop making excuses. He's been exposed.

From his book Gifted Hands:

"“I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, we had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present,” he wrote. “More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt” — his high school ROTC director — “introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point.”

West Point, however, has no record of Carson applying, much less being extended admission.

In 1969, those who would have completed the entire process would have received their acceptance letters from the Army Adjutant General,” said Theresa Brinkerhoff, a spokeswoman for the academy. She said West Point has no records that indicate Carson even began the application process. “If he chose to pursue (the application process), then we would have records indicating such,” she said.

When presented with these facts, Carson’s campaign conceded the story was false.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.