normiss

Dr. Carson the street thug?

kallend

***So are you conceding what rush said above is true, and are now dropping back to punt with this mannatech thing? Because that's what that reads as, you know when someone says somehting and you choose not to refute those statements but instead try to change the subject.

There is NO evidence that he was ever "offered a spot" at West Point. None. In fact we know he wasn't. Westmoreland was not even in Detroit on the date Carson claims.

He already admitted that the Yale course number was made up. The syllabus he presented as "proof" was from 2002, 29 years AFTER he graduated.

There no evidence the Popeye's hold-up ever occurred.

He lied about his association with Mannatech.

You are grasping at straws.

LMFAO

You really need to expand your preferred news sources
Cause you are looking rather silly right now

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

***So are you conceding what rush said above is true, and are now dropping back to punt with this mannatech thing? Because that's what that reads as, you know when someone says somehting and you choose not to refute those statements but instead try to change the subject.

There is NO evidence that he was ever "offered a spot" at West Point. None. In fact we know he wasn't. Westmoreland was not even in Detroit on the date Carson claims.

He already admitted that the Yale course number was made up. The syllabus he presented as "proof" was from 2002, 29 years AFTER he graduated.

You sir are trying to convince staunch members of the invertebrate party of how much bullshit they have been swallowing.
Jellyfish have been able to survive for some 650 million years without a brain.. so the conservatives of the Republican party have hope that change will be slow for them after all.

Amazon

******So are you conceding what rush said above is true, and are now dropping back to punt with this mannatech thing? Because that's what that reads as, you know when someone says somehting and you choose not to refute those statements but instead try to change the subject.

You sir are trying to convince staunch members of the invertebrate party of how much bullshit they have been swallowing.
Jellyfish have been able to survive for some 650 million years without a brain.. so the conservatives of the Republican party have hope that change will be slow for them after all.[:/]

headoverheels

Jellyfish have been able to survive for some 650 million 6500 years without a brain..

FIFY;)

DUDE.. I may have spent my formative years in parochial schools.. but being a geologist by training.. ain't buyin bronze age goats herds timeline for understanding how long a "day" is for an omnipotent being..... I also do not give a rats ass about how many Hebrews begat who.... if ya know what I mean.

billvon

>Go to some real news sites and find it yourself

>But, just to tease you a bit
>The West Point story

He admitted that what he said about West Point wasn't true.

Are you able to admit that you were wrong, too?

Better recheck that one

Politico has had to withdraw that claim
Abraham Lincoln

If the number 3 guy from Apple came up to me and said I like your stuff I want you in our company and will get you a job. I am not the guy that is in charge, but I can make it happen. And if I declined any you went to check up on it apple would go no he never applied here but offers usually dont get recorded unless someone comes to apply, and the guy that offered it is dead so there is no way to confirm it. Am I a liar if I said apple offered me a job? Because thats the exact type of thing that happened here.

I was offered a spot on Airspeed. They said they'd pay my way, that it was in the bag. I still have the offer based on my RW skills.

>Better recheck that one

============
Ben Carson Campaign Admits Claim Of West Point Acceptance Is False
November 6, 2015

. . . .

When asked about the meeting, here's what Carson's campaign manager told Politico:

“Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit,” campaign manager Barry Bennett wrote in an email to POLITICO. “In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer.”

“He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors,” Bennett went on. “They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission.”
===============

So the answer is - no, you can't admit you were wrong.

billvon

>Better recheck that one

============
Ben Carson Campaign Admits Claim Of West Point Acceptance Is False
November 6, 2015

. . . .

When asked about the meeting, here's what Carson's campaign manager told Politico:

“Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit,” campaign manager Barry Bennett wrote in an email to POLITICO. “In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer.”

“He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors,” Bennett went on. “They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission.”
===============

So the answer is - no, you can't admit you were wrong.

You work like Politico and make things up now I see :D

1.Politico reported in its headline that Carson admitted to fabricating his West Point story. He did not admit to any such thing. Politico’s headline was a provable lie.
2.Politico reported in its lead paragraph that Carson admitted to fabricating his West Point story. He did not.
3.Politico reported that Carson had claimed that he had applied at West Point. Carson never claimed any such thing.
4.Politico never bothered to report the fact that during the time in question West Point was hot to recruit black cadets.
5.Politico claims that West Point Does not offer “scholarships.” West Point disagrees. https://twitter.com/morgenr/status/662705755552792576

Can you???
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>You work like Politico and make things up now I see

I quoted Carson's campaign manager. Are you accusing him of making things up?

Here's another shovel; keep digging.

Really......

LOL

You realize that those supposed quotes are now denied by that same manager saying Politico made them up
Making things up
Just like you have here
Abraham Lincoln

>Politico has had to withdraw that claim

==========
Lauren Edmonds, a spokeswoman for Politico, told TPM on Monday the story was not retracted.

“That is not accurate. It was not a retraction. We updated the story – and clearly labeled that we did so – to reflect Carson’s on the record statement to the New York Times and other new details as they emerged through the day. That’s how we handle big news stories,” Edmonds said in an email to TPM.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/ben-carson-campaign-fails-at-attempted-damage-control-over/211147/
===========

>Making things up

I love it. Keep spinning! Keep defending those "GOP truths" and dig that hole deeper and deeper.

billvon

>Politico has had to withdraw that claim

==========
Lauren Edmonds, a spokeswoman for Politico, told TPM on Monday the story was not retracted.

“That is not accurate. It was not a retraction. We updated the story – and clearly labeled that we did so – to reflect Carson’s on the record statement to the New York Times and other new details as they emerged through the day. That’s how we handle big news stories,” Edmonds said in an email to TPM.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/ben-carson-campaign-fails-at-attempted-damage-control-over/211147/
===========

>Making things up

I love it. Keep spinning! Keep defending those "GOP truths" and dig that hole deeper and deeper.

You hang in there with Politico
And CNN for that matter

Reveals much

LOL

BTW

You may want to read the "update" along with the editors notes of said update
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-politico-west-points-story-edits

LOL
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>You hang in there with Politico
>And CNN for that matter

And you hang in there with a proven liar.

Actually
your post is the lie
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>You hang in there with Politico
>And CNN for that matter

And you hang in there with a proven liar.

Here is your author of the Politico hit piece you espouse to be truth

Just for perspective you know....

Kyle D. Cheney, the Politico reporter who wrote last Friday’s discredited hit piece on Republican presidential frontrunner Ben Carson, has a flair for hyperbole, writing about a 2004 arrest: “I was in Guantánamo for 12 Hours.”

Cheney was arrested during an anti-war protest at the Republican National Convention in 2004. Though he was, at the time, an editor for the student newspaper at Boston University, he seems to have joined the protest as a demonstrator.

Later, Cheney wrote an angry op-ed about his detention. He attacked “the Bushies” and “Republican demagogues.” He decried the “amBush” in which he was arrested–during a protest he admits he knew had no permit–and attacked “the New York City Police Department and its henchmen,” slamming “the steady stream of outright lies and unmitigated praise for the law enforcement effort spewing from the bowels of Madison Square Garden.”

I sure he is a well rounded purveyor of the truth

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/08/author-of-ben-carson-hit-piece-i-was-in-guantanamo-for-12-hours/
Abraham Lincoln

>Here is your author of the Politico hit piece you espouse to be truth

I do not "espouse" that Politico is the truth. I "espouse" that Carson is lying.

He said that while marching in the Detroit Memorial Day parade in May 1969 the following happened:

"I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, we had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn't refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn't where I saw myself going. As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted. The scholarship would have obligated me to spend four years in military service after I finished college, precluding my chances to go on to medical school."

That was a lie. General Westmoreland was not there, and did not offer him a "full scholarship" to West Point.

In 2015 he said this:

"The next question is from Bill. He wanted to know if it was true that I was offered a slot at West Point after high school. Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point."

That was a lie. He did not "get an offer" from West Point. West Point has confirmed this. Indeed, he would have had to apply a year _before_ he claimed to have met Westmoreland to be able to attend West Point after high school.

I'll let you continue digging that hole now . . .

billvon

>Here is your author of the Politico hit piece you espouse to be truth

I do not "espouse" that Politico is the truth. I "espouse" that Carson is lying.

He said that while marching in the Detroit Memorial Day parade in May 1969 the following happened:

"I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, we had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn't refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn't where I saw myself going. As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted. The scholarship would have obligated me to spend four years in military service after I finished college, precluding my chances to go on to medical school."

That was a lie. General Westmoreland was not there, and did not offer him a "full scholarship" to West Point.

In 2015 he said this:

"The next question is from Bill. He wanted to know if it was true that I was offered a slot at West Point after high school. Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point."

That was a lie. He did not "get an offer" from West Point. West Point has confirmed this. Indeed, he would have had to apply a year _before_ he claimed to have met Westmoreland to be able to attend West Point after high school.

I'll let you continue digging that hole now . . .

I am not the one with the shovel.
Abraham Lincoln

Perhaps you will explain for us how he met with Gen. Westmoreland in Detroit on a day that Gen. Westmoreland wasn't in Detroit.

Enquiring minds want to know.

Then there's Yale, where he admits the course name and number were made up and the "proof" he produced was from 29 years after he graduated;

Baltimore, where the police have no record of the Popeye's hold-up;

Protecting a bunch of people from the riot, but no-one who was there remember being protected.

And Mannatech, the consumer scamming company he had no association with despite video evidence to the contrary.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Perhaps you will explain for us how he met with Gen. Westmoreland in Detroit
>on a day that Gen. Westmoreland wasn't in Detroit.

He met Westmoreland in Detroit in 1969 and was offered a scholarship to West Point! You are not allowed to question that statement. It's a "GOP Truth."

billvon

>Perhaps you will explain for us how he met with Gen. Westmoreland in Detroit
>on a day that Gen. Westmoreland wasn't in Detroit.

He met Westmoreland in Detroit in 1969 and was offered a scholarship to West Point! You are not allowed to question that statement. It's a "GOP Truth."

Dr. Carson was set up.

General Westmoreland's double was in Detroit that day, who decided to tell the young, naive Cadet Carson that he had a scholarship to West Point just to discredit him.

I can only guess who was behind the cunning plot, but I suspect it was Bush operatives.

Relying on the gullible good nature of the young Carson was absolutely reprehensible.