normiss

Dr. Carson the street thug?

There is a difference between lying about something that happened in the past, and at worst misrepresenting the likelihood of something happening in the future.

But since Obama is involved, I doubt you will be able to recognize the difference.

- Dan G

DanG

There is a difference between lying about something that happened in the past, and at worst misrepresenting the likelihood of something happening in the future.

But since Obama is involved, I doubt you will be able to recognize the difference.

How are all those shovel ready jobs, and the "fact" that the Benghazi terror attack was all because of a video the terrorists never heard of or saw?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No new taxes.
No boots on the ground.
I am a donut.

We've had plenty of presidents misspeak.

It's not the same as lying about your experiences in life in an attempt to embellish and glorify yourself into a hero.
More so when they are working towards a certain piece of legislation that will take a number of twists and turns during it's journey through committees and such.

normiss

No new taxes.
No boots on the ground.
I am a donut.

It's not the same as lying about your experiences in life in an attempt to embellish and glorify yourself into a hero.
More so when they are working towards a certain piece of legislation that will take a number of twists and turns during it's journey through committees and such.

No new taxes was a truth.
No new taxes were created.
Existing taxes were raised.

It amuses me that you think a deliberate fabrication for political gain can be your guy misspeaking, while in the same breath an embellishment for political gain from the guy on the other team is a liar.

That's using the ol critical thinking cap.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Well, if you noticed, I included both red and blue comments.
I've supported both sides depending on the current lunacy in their respective groups.
Republicans lost me YEARS ago as they continued to try to remove or restrict rights on those they hate.

normiss

Well, if you noticed, I included both red and blue comments.
I've supported both sides depending on the current lunacy in their respective groups.
Republicans lost me YEARS ago as they continued to try to remove or restrict rights on those they hate.

How exactly is the party of tolerance any different in that respect?

DanG

BTW, I don't like Hillary either, but at least she doesn't appear to be clinically insane.

WOW

I beg to differ
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

turtlespeed

***>Here is your author of the Politico hit piece you espouse to be truth

I do not "espouse" that Politico is the truth. I "espouse" that Carson is lying.

He said that while marching in the Detroit Memorial Day parade in May 1969 the following happened:

"I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, we had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn't refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn't where I saw myself going. As overjoyed as I felt to be offered such a scholarship, I wasn't really tempted. The scholarship would have obligated me to spend four years in military service after I finished college, precluding my chances to go on to medical school."

That was a lie. General Westmoreland was not there, and did not offer him a "full scholarship" to West Point.

In 2015 he said this:

"The next question is from Bill. He wanted to know if it was true that I was offered a slot at West Point after high school. Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point."

That was a lie. He did not "get an offer" from West Point. West Point has confirmed this. Indeed, he would have had to apply a year _before_ he claimed to have met Westmoreland to be able to attend West Point after high school.

I'll let you continue digging that hole now . . .

So, Obama said, "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your plan you can keep your plan." Is he a liar as well?

Will you call Obama out on his lies? Or is he not conservative enough to be a liar?..

EXCEPT.. if your "plan" has zero probability of actually paying for your medical bills and your doctor does not want to deal with the insurance companies that rip them off... NO you CAN't Keep that plan.

So many phallacies... so little understanding.[:/]

Reality has a way of making you see just how screwed up the health care system WAS and still is.

turtlespeed

***There is a difference between lying about something that happened in the past, and at worst misrepresenting the likelihood of something happening in the future.

How are all those shovel ready jobs, and the "fact" that the Benghazi terror attack was all because of a video the terrorists never heard of or saw?

Write it off to COCK BLOCKING from the Jellyfish.

turtlespeed

***No new taxes.
No boots on the ground.
I am a donut.

No new taxes was a truth.
No new taxes were created.
Existing taxes were raised.

It amuses me that you think a deliberate fabrication for political gain can be your guy misspeaking, while in the same breath an embellishment for political gain from the guy on the other team is a liar.

That's using the ol critical thinking cap.

Those never seem to fit well on jellyfish

For the most part, I have pretty much remained indifferent about Carson, but he never seemed very presidential to me - and tho I could probably give him the benefit of a doubt, the issues surrounding him just seem a bit too bizarre.

*sigh*
it's nice to be able to criticize a black politician without being called a racist. Even Amazon is throwing out "uncle Ben" jokes. (not sure if it means "uncle" as in uncle tom, or uncle ben's rice.) Even Kallend joined in by stereotyping inner city blacks in post 43.

If the only way for Benson to get into the white house is through the domestic service staff, then at least he can go to bed knowing that he united the nation though the destruction of the PC culture.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

For the most part, I have pretty much remained indifferent about Carson, but he never seemed very presidential to me - and tho I could probably give him the benefit of a doubt, the issues surrounding him just seem a bit too bizarre.

*sigh*
it's nice to be able to criticize a black politician without being called a racist. Even Amazon is throwing out "uncle Ben" jokes. (not sure if it means "uncle" as in uncle tom, or uncle ben's rice.) Even Kallend joined in by stereotyping inner city blacks in post 43.

If the only way for Benson to get into the white house is through the domestic service staff, then at least he can go to bed knowing that he united the nation though the destruction of the PC culture.

Racism only exists when the left says it does.

kallend

So being unable to explain Schrodinger's General, you once again resort to a diversion.

You have been shown enough to know you are parsing words to try and make some obscure point

You also have proven you done care if your chosen dem lies.

It is all about the end game to you
And that is disgusting
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

So being unable to explain Schrodinger's General, you once again resort to a diversion.

You have been shown enough to know you are parsing words to try and make some obscure point

And that is disgusting

It wasn't a Dem who made the claim about meeting the General.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

And that is disgusting

It wasn't a Dem who made the claim about meeting the General.

It was multiple Dems who said it was the video.
Which is now a proven and known lie the second it (the claim of it being a video) was made.

So, in the end, if Carson did lie, it does not matter now does it. Or, are you being hypocritical?
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

After all these years it's amazing how quickly you can still switch from "You're wrong! He didn't! He didn't!" to "Who cares, CDIF!"

Bullshit
I do care
But his bs logic has been turned on him

I still do not think Carson lied

Cause he didn't when the whole story is looked at
kallend and his buddied, like normal, are going after the republican front runner just as they have in the past
Remember the war on women bs?
Started with a Democratic plant who did an interview on a major network. Yep, good old George S. (I am not even going to try and spell his last name but he worked for the Clintons)

So, I gave the point for the sake of the debate
Which is now in his face!

I await your apology
Abraham Lincoln

Did he not write that book 22 years later? There is documented proof the general was in town a few months around carsons claim for a ceremony or something. Would you accept the claim that Carson just forgot the date.

The media is saying the general was in town around that timeframe and it was a function Ben would have probably attended although it was not the exact date the book stated.

jakee

Bullshit
I do care

Then give Kallend an answer other than CDIF.

I await your apology

I see that alternate reality is working well for you!

So you admit you were wrong about the CDIF crap

That is a start
Abraham Lincoln

> There is documented proof the general was in town a few months around
>carsons claim for a ceremony or something. Would you accept the claim that
>Carson just forgot the date.

Sure. And if he mans up and says "you know, I was probably wrong about the date, and he didn't really offer me admission, just told me I'd have a good chance at getting in" then the problem would go away.

But he hasn't done that. He has stated, several times, that he will not admit he was wrong - that he actually met Westmoreland on a date that Westmoreland was not in town. Why the insistence on the lie?