rushmc

Planned Parenthood and the term "slippery slope" .

DanG

If there is a "born-alive" infant, then I think the medical professionals have a moral obligation to try and keep it alive. I suspect that the number of "born-alive" infants resulting from abortion procedures is extremely small, if it even happens at all.

Ya, late term abortions are pretty rare to begin with...which is probably why they are so desperate to harvest brains from fetuses with beating hearts...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

gowlerk

I think it is a bad thing for society to allow, & I think it drags us to places we should not go.

That's a more nuanced position than most people have. It roughly describes how I feel about the death penalty. I don't feel sorry for the few criminals who get executed, but I do feel it's a place we don't need to go. So I feel sorry for us for going there. And for those who end up having top do the actual work of killing people.

Your logic about public funding is a little fuzzy though. Abortions are not funded, but many of their other services are. If they lost all public funding for all services it would hurt many of the people who rely on them, not just those who choose abortion.

oh, ok...well as long as we're clearing up fuzzy analogies, let's not forget to equate the mothers to criminals and their children to victims....
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Ya, late term abortions are pretty rare to begin with

Yes, they are. And "alive-born" late term abortions are even rarer, if they actually ever happen.

...which is probably why they are so desperate to harvest brains from fetuses with beating hearts...

Don't you mean, "which is why people like me are so deperate to make this non-existant problem the central focus of discussion?"

- Dan G

Just for context, Planned Parenthood does 80 percent of the abortions in the United States. That 80%, is 3% of their total business. So taking away public funding from them should not hamper or hurt them in any way.

You need to think that through. You acknowlege that abortions are a tiny percentage of their work. Good, many people don't understand that. But you want to take away public funding that helps with the other 97% of what they do. You can't claim that defunding 97% of their operation won't hurt them, or the people they serve.

- Dan G

DanG

Just for context, Planned Parenthood does 80 percent of the abortions in the United States. That 80%, is 3% of their total business. So taking away public funding from them should not hamper or hurt them in any way.

You need to think that through. You acknowlege that abortions are a tiny percentage of their work. Good, many people don't understand that. But you want to take away public funding that helps with the other 97% of what they do. You can't claim that defunding 97% of their operation won't hurt them, or the people they serve.

They make plenty of money
They get paid for much of the work they do so we would NOT be totally defunding 97% of that operation.
They do not need 3/4's of a billion dollars from taxpayers to survive
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Are you proposing to defund PP entirely? If so, where will the women who currently use PP for birth control and/or Pap smears go? I've gone to them in the past for exactly those services; I know they render them.

They currently get no public funding for elective abortion. The Hyde amendment ensures that. There are auditable walls between the parts of the organization; probably stronger than the walls between competitive bid teams within the same company (and those are quite strong -- I've been on one.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Are you proposing to defund PP entirely? If so, where will the women who currently use PP for birth control and/or Pap smears go? I've gone to them in the past for exactly those services; I know they render them.

They currently get no public funding for elective abortion. The Hyde amendment ensures that. There are auditable walls between the parts of the organization; probably stronger than the walls between competitive bid teams within the same company (and those are quite strong -- I've been on one.

Wendy P.

PP will do just fine without public funding
Abraham Lincoln

wmw999

Wendy P.

The old white guys of the GOP have determined and decided that the only way to control their wimmins is to defund PP since they can't get near the "slippery slope" enough any more. All those little blue pills are going to waste

They get paid for much of the work they do so we would NOT be totally defunding 97% of that operation.

Have you actually researched where their money comes from, or are you just assuming these things?

You are against abortion, but you must realize the best anti-abortion technique is the cheap and easy access to contraception. Your plan would probably result in more abortions, not fewer. Frankly, if you are really anti-abortion you should be advocatingmore funding to PP, not less.

- Dan G

DanG

Have you actually researched where their money comes from, or are you just assuming these things?

You are against abortion, but you must realize the best anti-abortion technique is the cheap and easy access to contraception. Your plan would probably result in more abortions, not fewer. Frankly, if you are really anti-abortion you should be advocatingmore funding to PP, not less.

Hey now... we cain't have no common sensicality here about this issue....

DanG

We already have more than any civilized country in the world (per capita)
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

The current number isn't the issue, your plan would increase that number. That's counter to your goal.

It is your opinion that it would increase them

In my opinion it would not

And, at this point, reducing the numbe is not my goal (even though it would be great)
Abraham Lincoln

SkyDekker

***Yes

Imoral imo

But i only ask for one thing

Do you know what that is?

Typing lessons?

I type this way just for guys like u
Abraham Lincoln

>You need to think that through.

He has, but from what I can tell he doesn't really care about abortions. He cares about taking action against something seen as a liberal organization. If they are defunded, and more abortions result? Then he can gloat and see it as a victory, and also be able to blame liberals for increasing abortion rates. (Probably because of absentee black fathers or some such, caused by Obama.) It's sort of a win-win from that perspective.

billvon

>You need to think that through.

He has, but from what I can tell he doesn't really care about abortions. He cares about taking action against something seen as a liberal organization. If they are defunded, and more abortions result? Then he can gloat and see it as a victory, and also be able to blame liberals for increasing abortion rates. (Probably because of absentee black fathers or some such, caused by Obama.) It's sort of a win-win from that perspective.

All you mind readers are a funny to see here

If only you knew as much as you think you do.......
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

Yes, but this thread isn't about shootings and murders with firearms.

Another zero content drive by post by our resident gun banner
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Facts are a waste of time here, unless they are emotional outrage links from right wing hysteria web sites.

I thought these folks get their facts from Facebook news posts, Conservative tribune just isn't cutting it these days. :D
B.A.S.E. #1734

rushmc

Yes, but this thread isn't about shootings and murders with firearms.

Another zero content drive by post by our resident gun banner

Nope. The irony was just too subtle for you to comprehend.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.