Amazon

Christianizing Textbooks in America

wolfriverjoe

***Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

Dinosaurs survived past the flood and are referenced in many cultures and peoples art and other recorded history. Furthermore, many sightings in Africa, Great Britain, North America and other places are reasonable examples that they are still here.

Grizzlies & mountain lions? Anacondas & Capybaras & Sloths? Kangaroos & Koalas & Tazmanian Devils? Pandas & Orangutans? Galapagos Tortises?

And if so, how could two of everything (plus food) fit on a boat of the size described in the Bible?

You are free to believe what you wish, but the "Noah Story" doesn't even pass the simplest of "How did that work?" questions.

You are thinking two of every species. I don't believe he had two chihuahuas either.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

You have a very large investment in stories created and modified by man.

The Bible is God's word for man and presents the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It requires faith to believe.

The theory of evolution is the gospel of Satan. It requires faith to believe.

Choose one.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

normiss

Evolution is proved with facts and evidence that you refuse.

The evidence you claim is based on assumption. The same is true for the Gospel of Christ.

The tie breaker is experiencing being born again.

The gospel of Christ or the gospel of Satan. You have made your choice. I repented and choose Jesus. I was born again.

RonD1120

***Evolution is proved with facts and evidence that you refuse.

The evidence you claim is based on assumption. The same is true for the Gospel of Christ.

The tie breaker is experiencing being born again.

The gospel of Christ or the gospel of Satan. You have made your choice. I repented and choose Jesus. I was born again.

Ron.... we are 2000 years on with many revisions of THE WORD.

Science is no more the Gospel of Satan than is THE WORD as written and edited by man over and over with many exclusions for political expediency anything approaching what god may have intended after the goat molesting nomads of the middle east massaged the message.
Science is based on Observation......

THE Word is based on what a priestly class want you to adhere to to allow them to maintain power over your life.

Deep down you know what is right and what the lord taught... BUT beware of those who would lead you astray from what he taught while here on earth.
Interpretation of good and evil is within each of our abilities... I for one do not allow anyone to interpret what is good and what is not for me.

RonD1120

***I thought your god commanded them to get on the boat.
2 of EVERY. What does that word mean?

It means:
Gen 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of the birds after their kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

So, how did the polar bears get there?
I mean, how long would it take a polar bear to walk there?

Maybe they took the train.

Also, how did the giant tortoise from the Galápagos Islands walk to the ark?

Things that make you go, hummmmmm, what a load of utter shit.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******I thought your god commanded them to get on the boat.

It means:
Gen 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of the birds after their kind, and of the cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

Or , maybe they floated around and dropped the animals off on the islands after, like, you know, the ark was the first cruise ship.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

RonD1120

******Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

Dinosaurs survived past the flood and are referenced in many cultures and peoples art and other recorded history. Furthermore, many sightings in Africa, Great Britain, North America and other places are reasonable examples that they are still here.

Grizzlies & mountain lions? Anacondas & Capybaras & Sloths? Kangaroos & Koalas & Tazmanian Devils? Pandas & Orangutans? Galapagos Tortises?

And if so, how could two of everything (plus food) fit on a boat of the size described in the Bible?

You are free to believe what you wish, but the "Noah Story" doesn't even pass the simplest of "How did that work?" questions.

You are thinking two of every species. I don't believe he had two chihuahuas either.

I believe Chihuahua is a breed not a species either way the numbers would be far to many to fit in any boat that ever existed

tred

*********Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

I believe Chihuahua is a breed not a species either way the numbers would be far to many to fit in any boat that ever existed

Figures range around 1.5 million cubic feet split between 3 decks, with well over 25000 species, making somewhere around 50000 animals, not counting insects and marine animals.

They also needed to be fed. Where did they put all that food?

turtlespeed

************Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

Figures range around 1.5 million cubic feet split between 3 decks, with well over 25000 species, making somewhere around 50000 animals, not counting insects and marine animals.

It was like Dr. Who's Tardis -- much more space than meets the eye. God works in mysterious ways.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Don't forget all the animals from down under!! Amazing how kangaroos, koalas, wombats, etc could swim across oceans to board the ark, then swim back to make it home.

"Utter shit" is to polite of a term.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

>Don't forget all the animals from down under!! Amazing how kangaroos, koalas,
>wombats, etc could swim across oceans to board the ark, then swim back to make it
>home.

What, you've never heard of Qantas? Interesting Biblical fact - Quantas means "ancient ark" in Hebrew.

RonD1120

Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

My point was that the idea of "dinosaurs on the arc" was not even an issue on the Texas BOE, but it gets all the attention as if it were...btw, I owe an apology for my foul mouthed comment about Texas conservatives.

Personally, I just don't see any spiritual benefit coming from conjecture beyond that which has already been written. The guesswork of mishmashed animals on the arc is as about as spiritually enlightening to me as primordial soup...

I would just prefer that people focused more on Christ...that's all.

Arguing about dinosaurs isn't gonna save anyone...

...but then again, while I was contemplating my reply to you...I went off on a rabbit trail and found some answers regarding the current issue with my fiancée.

I just want to say thanks, again...

Thanks for your replies and thanks for your prayers.

It works...

1 Corinthians 2: 1-2
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

There's certainly a time and a place, but it gets to the point when I really start to wonder if politics, creationism and dinosaurs can become the center of one's faith...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

***Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

My point was that the idea of "dinosaurs on the arc" was not even an issue on the Texas BOE, but it gets all the attention as if it were...btw, I owe an apology for my foul mouthed comment about Texas conservatives.

Personally, I just don't see any spiritual benefit coming from conjecture beyond that which has already been written. The guesswork of mishmashed animals on the arc is as about as spiritually enlightening to me as primordial soup...

...but then again, while I was contemplating my reply to you...I went off on a rabbit trail and found some answers regarding the current issue with my fiancée.

It works...

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

There's certainly a time and a place, but it gets to the point when I really start to wonder if politics, creationism and dinosaurs can become the center of one's faith...

Thanks for the kind reply. I agree, dinosaurs on the ark is not very enlightening with respect to salvation. As I stated above, the key words are born again.

I have never been interested in the creation studies until about a month ago when one of my SF buddies shared his studies. When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded. Why? They contradict the "Theory" of Evolution.

The quality that makes the theory sacred is what I refer to as the gospel of Satan.

Amazon

******I thought your god commanded them to get on the boat.

It means:

I bet the job of mucking out the stalls was not very much fun

An appropriate job for Mel Gibson.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

masterblaster72

***************Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

It was like Dr. Who's Tardis -- much more space than meets the eye. God works in mysterious ways.

Can you PROVE that a 900 year old Time Lord doesn't exist?

RonD1120

I have never been interested in the creation studies until about a month ago when one of my SF buddies shared his studies. When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded. Why? They contradict the "Theory" of Evolution.

Right, and helium balloons contradict the "Law" of Gravity.

RonD1120

******Since God instructed Noah to take two of each kind not of each species his task was made more simple. Include two baby dinosaurs as well as two baby elephants and so on with the larger animals.

It works...

Thanks for the kind reply. I agree, dinosaurs on the ark is not very enlightening with respect to salvation. As I stated above, the key words are born again.

The quality that makes the theory sacred is what I refer to as the gospel of Satan.

The problem with that is fairly simple... so simple in fact that it was easy for the serial goat molesters in the middle east.... a 6000 year old world is just not observable in any reality so design a world based on begetting and then foster that for a few thousand years as THE WORD.... simple minds require simple solutions and anything that flies in the face of that is "the gospel of Satan... another fallacy demanded to keep the simple in line.