Amazon

Christianizing Textbooks in America

Amazon

I have always thought that those who profess to be Christian... should at least be examples in their lives... of what the LORD taught. Everything I ever read about him as a man leads one to believe he loved his fellow man... and showed it in his actions and teachings. I have seen damn few of his supposed followers who live by those tenents.

I suggest you become involved in a New Testament, Bible believing church. Seems as though you are believing that everything on the internet is true.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I have always thought that those who profess to be Christian... should at least be examples in their lives... of what the LORD taught. Everything I ever read about him as a man leads one to believe he loved his fellow man... and showed it in his actions and teachings. I have seen damn few of his supposed followers who live by those tenents.

I suggest you become involved in a New Testament, Bible believing church. Seems as though you are believing that everything on the internet is true.
And you believe everything you read in a 2000 year old book written by Neolithic goat herders is true.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

And you believe everything you read in a 2000 year old book written by Neolithic goat herders is true.

Nah he is more the KJV version... Approved by ole James I for another one true church and a panel of men who were the only ones approved to interpret the interpretation... of the interpretation... of the interpretation... of the only allowed books that were not destroyed by the group of men who felt the other books just were not politically correct for their day..... and those were the books that had survived the fire at Alexandria... set by good Christians who did not want all that Satanic Ancient learning being in the world... including many earlier works by I guess they figured not credible Christians.. or worse yet... Torahs.... the books of those who had Christ crucified.

It is more simple than that.

"The golden rule to follow to obtain spiritual understanding is not one of intellectual pursuit, but one of obedience. If a person wants scientific knowledge, then intellectual curiosity must be his guide. But if he desires knowledge and insight into the teachings of Jesus Christ, he can only obtain it through obedience." ~Oswald Chambers
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

It is more simple than that.

"The golden rule to follow to obtain spiritual understanding is not one of intellectual pursuit, but one of obedience. If a person wants scientific knowledge, then intellectual curiosity must be his guide. But if he desires knowledge and insight into the teachings of Jesus Christ, he can only obtain it through obedience." ~Oswald Chambers

Tithe till you are poor ... Tithe more....especially if you are poor....

Amazon

***It is more simple than that.

Actually, tithing is defined in the OT. In the NT the guidance is to give cheerfully with no amount specified. In every church I have ever attended tithing is suggested as a guide only. In my current church we don't even take up a collection. We go forward and drop it in the box while fellowshipping. I have only seen forced donations go the the federal government via the IRS.

RonD1120

******It is more simple than that.

Actually, tithing is defined in the OT. In the NT the guidance is to give cheerfully with no amount specified. In every church I have ever attended tithing is suggested as a guide only. In my current church we don't even take up a collection. We go forward and drop it in the box while fellowshipping. I have only seen forced donations go the the federal government via the IRS.

Then you need to get out more..... :(

Amazon

*********It is more simple than that.

Then you need to get out more..... :(

You lost me, why?

billvon

>I have only seen forced donations go the the federal government via the IRS.

. . . to provide you and welfare recepients, illegal aliens, enemies our nation with your and their government checks.

FIFY

At least I earned mine, so it goes.

RonD1120

***>I have only seen forced donations go the the federal government via the IRS.

. . . to provide you and welfare recepients, illegal aliens, enemies our nation with your and their government checks.

FIFY

At least I earned mine, so it goes.

I guess all those farm subsidies your politicians get were earned too. And shall we not forget the corporate welfare...

I would think suckling at the government teat... is more about something other than providing for those in need.... just like all the money that goes to all those preachers who understand best how to fleece their flock... Just think of all those in need who go without so the preacher man can buy a new mansion... or a new jet..

Amazon

I guess all those farm subsidies your politicians get were earned too. And shall we not forget the corporate welfare...

I would think suckling at the government teat... is more about something other than providing for those in need.... just like all the money that goes to all those preachers who understand best how to fleece their flock... Just think of all those in need who go without so the preacher man can buy a new mansion... or a new jet..

The people, meaning believers, have a better chance of controlling preacher greed that we have controlling government greed. Bottom line people are gullible.

With my church, I have a choice as to how much I donate and they only get some of my donations. Other charities benefit as well. I go to church for the fellowship. I believe in the salvation of Jesus Christ for eternal life, peace of mind, joy in my spirit and it is generally a good thing.

normiss

In response to your continued attacks full of hatred, vile, and profanity filled religious insanity?
Yep. That was me!

Oh, so it's ok to be a dick, but only when it's YOU who get's pissed off...

normiss

Why are you so angry all the time?
I thought your god was a god of peace.

Sorry for the confusion. Bitching at bigoted atheist online is more of a personal hobby of mine than a religion...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Quagmirian

God belongs in religious education, not in the science classroom. That's probably my only opinion on this thread.

Agreed...But that's not the issue in the OP.

The issue is about having a conservative bias in social studies/history books...A majority of the text in question is more political than religious. Most religious references are generally limited to how the founding fathers were influenced by christianity.

It's not really a big deal, but people just rather shout at the tide...

...and Noah's Arc.

masterblaster72

What is the politeness worth when the underlying message is that you're going to burn and suffer in hell forever because you don't believe what he does? It's a mentality of superiority over you, weakly veiled with "only God judges, not me."

lmao...ya, that's what we want. We want superiority over you, lol...

You can't make this shit up - quit projecting...

wmw999

you must be born again

and what about people who tried, and never felt it?

What are they supposed to feel? What were their expectations?

Were they focused on themselves, or others? Did they have a self-centered theology, or a God centered-theology?

Do you think I'm "feeling it" right now?

Do you think Jesus was "felt it" when they spat on Him?

Do you think the apostles "felt it" when imprisoned, beaten and then martyred?

A couple months ago you mentioned how mother theresa said that she just "didn't feel the connection anymore."

Well, maybe she was just a fair weathered fan?

Is there no need for perseverance?

Coreeece

What is the politeness worth when the underlying message is that you're going to burn and suffer in hell forever because you don't believe what he does? It's a mentality of superiority over you, weakly veiled with "only God judges, not me."

He's not talking about you collectively, he's talking about Ron specifically. So no, he's not making it up.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

He's not talking about you collectively, he's talking about Ron specifically. So no, he's not making it up.

The ignorance expressed by European posters as well as those trained in that philosophy used to really annoy me. Over the past six years I have come to realize that is just the way it is in these last days.

The line has been drawn, the lots have been cast, the sheep are being separated from the goats. The path for salvation is narrow. The highway for destruction is wide. We must offer eternal life to all but very few will accept the gift.

We are progressing toward the New World Order and the One World Government with the anti-Christ in charge. It cannot be stopped, only postponed. Postponement will be for a short time only.

At this juncture the "church" is trying to determine whether the rapture, or the calling up of those in Christ, will occur pre-tribulation, mid-tribulation or post-tribulation. Regardless, most believe there is a good possibility it will occur in this generation.

We are paying close attention to the events of this September for its connection to Shemitah.

To enter the Kingdom of God you must be born again. Jesus Christ is the only way.

RonD1120

the sheep are being separated from the goats

that's kind of a couple of crappy options to choose from

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

To enter the Kingdom of God you must be born again. Jesus Christ is the only way.

We all have to believe something. And it's ok for you to believe this. But you also need to understand that your belief is your choice. Just because you choose it, does not mean that it is true. I believe something very different, that is my choice. But it's not true either. It is not meant for mankind to know the truth. You can never know the truth, you can only make your choice.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rehmwa

*** the sheep are being separated from the goats

that's kind of a couple of crappy options to choose from

Well there are serial goat molesters as well as all those guy who prefer sheep since their inability to get laid because of who they portray themselves as to anyone with a brain.

The line has been drawn, the lots have been cast, the sheep are being separated from the goats. The path for salvation is narrow. The highway for destruction is wide. We must offer eternal life to all but very few will accept the gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA&feature=share
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.