Amazon

Christianizing Textbooks in America

tred

*** When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded.

please enlighten me on these facts. I am sincerely interested

I just returned from a celebration of life for a sister who graduated into eternal life with Christ.

If you are sincerely interested, and I assume you are, I suggest you start you own investigation into creation science, use Google or Bing. Your path will mean more to you as you compare both sides. You have been taught the lie since you were in kindergarten. So you have to keep an open mind on your search. Otherwise, your mind will always lead you negatively because that is your original programming.

Remember throughout, the most important factor is to be born again. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Amazon

The problem with that is fairly simple... so simple in fact that it was easy for the serial goat molesters in the middle east.... a 6000 year old world is just not observable in any reality so design a world based on begetting and then foster that for a few thousand years as THE WORD.... simple minds require simple solutions and anything that flies in the face of that is "the gospel of Satan... another fallacy demanded to keep the simple in line.

I am always confronted and amused with that control concept. Who do you think is keeping me in line? I have been set free from bondage for 34 years. But, you are correct, salvation is simple. It is a gift to be received, that's all.

Romans 10:13 for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

****** When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded.

I just returned from a celebration of life for a sister who graduated into eternal life with Christ.

If you are sincerely interested, and I assume you are, I suggest you start you own investigation into creation science, use Google or Bing. Your path will mean more to you as you compare both sides. You have been taught the lie since you were in kindergarten. So you have to keep an open mind on your search. Otherwise, your mind will always lead you negatively because that is your original programming.

Remember throughout, the most important factor is to be born again. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

I have been presented with evidence that supports the evolutionary theory very strongly, I have never been presented with anything other than "it is faith" to back creationism. I would be very open minded if someone had some sort of evidence but I have yet to see it. seems to me evolution is 99.9% proven and creationism..... 0%?

I have never been interested in the creation studies until about a month ago when one of my SF buddies shared his studies. When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded. Why? They contradict the "Theory" of Evolution.

Yeah, that's what happens when you delve into it.

When an informed, unbiased, sane person delves into it the outcome is quite different.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If you are sincerely interested, and I assume you are, I suggest you start you own investigation into creation science, use Google or Bing.

In other words, you have no clue. Creation 'science' is a pack of lies contrived by money-grubbing charlatans. This is what any rational investigation into the subject reveals.

tred

********* When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded.

I have been presented with evidence that supports the evolutionary theory very strongly, I have never been presented with anything other than "it is faith" to back creationism. I would be very open minded if someone had some sort of evidence but I have yet to see it. seems to me evolution is 99.9% proven and creationism..... 0%?

I don't assume to think this will change any ones mind that holds tightly to Darwinian evolution.

"The Evolutionary model says that it is not necessary to assume the existence of anything, besides matter and energy, to produce life. That proposition is unscientific. We know perfectly well that if you leave matter to itself, it does not organize itself - in spite of all the efforts in recent years to prove that it does." Dr. Arthur E. Wilder Smith

As for me...to think on these things is a waste of my time...much like hanging out watching sports on the boob tube all day long. Too many important matters to attend to, such as, loving on my grandkids, flying the Cirrus from Houston to Catalina Island and hanging out with some close friends, taking a mission trip to South Africa with my pastor to build a home for orphan children.....

The Theory of Evolution is just that...a Theory, but I know it's the sacred COW to many and must be worshiped as truth...just not my truth. It makes for a nice Text Book, other than that, it want bring peace to a hurting world, mend a broken heart, heal the sick, or extend a helping hand to someone in need.

In closing, the last time I was in Barnes & Nobel the Origin of Species was still located in the Fiction Section.

I will now return to my self imposed BANNING from DZ.COM Cheers.

Channman

I don't assume to think this will change any ones mind that holds tightly to Darwinian evolution.

You're right, and here's why.

"The Evolutionary model says that it is not necessary to assume the existence of anything, besides matter and energy, to produce life. That proposition is unscientific. We know perfectly well that if you leave matter to itself, it does not organize itself - in spite of all the efforts in recent years to prove that it does." Dr. Arthur E. Wilder Smith

Very weak for a scientist -- and not surprising at all for a "Dr." who was a creationist. Maybe he never heard of molecular self-assembly or protein folding. These are just two of many examples.

As for me...to think on these things is a waste of my time...

You'll believe what you want to believe and what you're used to believing -- facts, evidence and proven science be damned.

In closing, the last time I was in Barnes & Nobel the Origin of Species was still located in the Fiction Section.

Hardly surprising for a bookstore in Texas.

Way to duck out -- thanks for the drive-by bullshit.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

You're right, and here's why.

Very weak for a scientist -- and not surprising at all for a "Dr." who was a creationist. Maybe he never heard of molecular self-assembly or protein folding. These are just two of many examples.

As for me...to think on these things is a waste of my time...

You'll believe what you want to believe and what you're used to believing -- facts, evidence and proven science be damned.

Hardly surprising for a bookstore in Texas.

Way to duck out -- thanks for the drive-by bullshit.

DAYUM... you beat me to it..... of course they would... in the Bible Belt in general... otherwise the local yocals would all lose their minds.

Edited to add... I called 3 different Barnes and Nobles. in WA and a couple adjoining states.... all of them had it in the SCIENCE.... Evolution section.... go figure.... heads are exploding in the bible belt now:ph34r:

Edited further...
I even called 4 different Barnes and Nobles in Texas... Garland... Pasadena..... and a couple others in the Skydive Spaceland area..... and as I suspected.. someone was trrying to blow smoke up our collective backsides.... ALLL of the stores have it in the SCIENCE section.....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

How do you know that? How does he know that? Because he left matter on its own in 'recent years'? I find it hard to believe you didn't spot the rather obvious flaw in his methodology, in that 'recent years' is not very many years...

The Theory of Evolution is just that...a Theory, but I know it's the sacred COW to many and must be worshiped as truth...just not my truth.

It's not any kind of cow, and it both isn't and shouldn't be worshipped. That's just you projecting your worldview onto others. Evolution is not sacred, it is simply true.

other than that, it want bring peace to a hurting world, mend a broken heart, heal the sick, or extend a helping hand to someone in need.

So what? What does that have to do with anything?

jakee

How do you know that? How does he know that? Because he left matter on its own in 'recent years'? I find it hard to believe you didn't spot the rather obvious flaw in his methodology, in that 'recent years' is not very many years...

The Theory of Evolution is just that...a Theory, but I know it's the sacred COW to many and must be worshiped as truth...just not my truth.

It's not any kind of cow, and it both isn't and shouldn't be worshipped. That's just you projecting your worldview onto others. Evolution is not sacred, it is simply true.

other than that, it want bring peace to a hurting world, mend a broken heart, heal the sick, or extend a helping hand to someone in need.

So what? What does that have to do with anything?

Just a weak attempt at rationalization. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Just a weak attempt at rationalization. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please compare and contrast to a strong attempt at rationalization.

Isn't rationalization the mental process developed to produce peace of mind?

I regard the Bible as a simplified version of the truth as understood by ancient Jews.
Jesus Christ added to knowledge.
The prophet Mohammed added to knowledge.
The jewish scholar Moses Mohammedes (sp?) added to that knowledge.
The founder of the Bahaii faith added to that knowledge.
etc.
etc.
Why does this osudn like a 600 year cycle of the prophets?

No single faith has all the answers.
Limiting your knowledge to one book limits your knowledge of the human race/planet/cosmos, etc.

riggerrob

I regard the Bible as a simplified version of the truth as understood by ancient Jews.

Moses Maimonides

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RonD1120

I have never been interested in the creation studies until about a month ago when one of my SF buddies shared his studies. When you delve into it any facts discovered that contradict evolution are immediately discarded. Why? They contradict the "Theory" of Evolution.

The quality that makes the theory sacred is what I refer to as the gospel of Satan.

The gospel of satan is anything that distracts one from Christ.

Evolution in and of itself is no more sacred/evil than money...it's just the way the world works - it's the people who make it evil...for example, Dawkins/Madoff.

Evolution is just an observation of how life works after it was created, and it shouldn't be confused with the conjecture and speculation of abiogenesis...

There may be a concern that evolution challenges the idea of a Young Earth, but we can't bitch at scientists for documenting what they observe. If a tree has 100 rings, then it's 100 years old. It doesn't matter to them if we say, "but, but, we saw God make it yesterday!"

They don't care what other people have seen...they've already denied the scriptures.

If God showed himself today, they'd rather think they're nuts...
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

kallend

***I regard the Bible as a simplified version of the truth as understood by ancient Jews.

Moses Maimonides

Rambam (Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon)

winsor

******I regard the Bible as a simplified version of the truth as understood by ancient Jews.

Moses Maimonides

Rambam (Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon)

J.K Simmons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzAsk9MsNKE
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

riggerrob

The founder of the Bahaii faith added to that knowledge.
etc.
etc.
Why does this osudn like a 600 year cycle of the prophets?

No single faith has all the answers.
Limiting your knowledge to one book limits your knowledge of the human race/planet/cosmos, etc.

It is not about knowledge. It is about being Born Again.

Read John 3 and Romans 10:13.

RonD1120

Becoming born again is the most amazing experience. It goes beyond explanation.

Baptised at age 20; it didn’t do anything for me.

My childhood, in the US south, included Sunday morning church, Sunday night service (Mom even took us to fucking Wednesday night bible study). Summertime included the requisite Vacation Bible School for a week and the most abhorrent waste of time – “Revival” (for those not in the know this is going to church every fucking night for a week).

As the second video above at around 6:00 notes; better to just let it go.

I find nothing less intellectual than “duelling” bible verses.

What did I get from my Christian “upbringing” [sic]? If I’m ever held captive or find myself in solitude; I know I’ll be OK psychologically and mentally – not from the power of the Lord, but the fact that I’ve had 1000’s of hours in training to occupy my mind while receiving no mental stimulation (i.e. sitting in church pew).
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

But, you have have never been born again.

You prove the old adage, "Going to church won't make you a Christian anymore than sleeping in a garage will make you a car."

You are correct that I was not personally “into it”. It was more to appease my mother in the year following the death of my younger brother in accident. No, I was not "beating the tambourine" with religious fervour; but I was also years away from admitting that I was agnostic – if you don’t believe; after a childhood of exposure, it’s hard to get it out of your head.

What I'm really noting is that I've been "fully" exposed and know 100% where you are coming from. If religion and faith fulfills you; I support that 100% and anyone should be able to make that choice.

However, inserting these fictional bible stories and viewpoints into the education system (topic of this thread) or exclude reason/science due to biblical contradiction is tantamount to child abuse.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

You are correct that I was not personally “into it”. It was more to appease my mother in the year following the death of my younger brother in accident. No, I was not "beating the tambourine" with religious fervour; but I was also years away from admitting that I was agnostic – if you don’t believe; after a childhood of exposure, it’s hard to get it out of your head.

What I'm really noting is that I've been "fully" exposed and know 100% where you are coming from. If religion and faith fulfills you; I support that 100% and anyone should be able to make that choice.

However, inserting these fictional bible stories and viewpoints into the education system (topic of this thread) or exclude reason/science due to biblical contradiction is tantamount to child abuse.

If we teach the "theory" of evolution we should also teach the "theory" of creation.

After I experience the love of the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ the latter became more plausible than the former.

If we teach the "theory" of evolution we should also teach the "theory" of creation.

To paraphrase your own analogy: calling creationism a theory will no more make it one than calling my Schwinn a Ferrari will make it one.

And if we have to teach the Christian creation myth in school, should we have to teach the Hindu creation myth, or the Buddhist, or the Shinto, etc.? How about you keep religion out of public schools, and they'll keep science out of church? Mkay?

- Dan G