Amazon

Christianizing Textbooks in America

>And if we have to teach the Christian creation myth in school, should we have to
>teach the Hindu creation myth, or the Buddhist, or the Shinto, etc.?

Sure, teach em all in a comparative religion class. That would go a long way towards kids better understanding the different religions. (When you see how close the Egyptian and Sumerian creation myths are to the Christian, for example, you understand where the Bible got its story.)

RMK

What I'm really noting is that I've been "fully" exposed and know 100% where you are coming from.

No...you are like the "fully exposed" preacher's daughter types, or 2nd generation christians that have to put up with their parent's boring religious bullshit...I know 100% where YOU are coming from....a dime a dozen.

RMK

if religion and faith fulfills you; I support that 100% and anyone should be able to make that choice.

Oh...ok....thanks. Maybe I can come over for tea and crumpets and you can tell me how full of shit I am. Maybe we can watch some youtube videos, eh? what a fucking joke. The only reason you "support that 100%" is because you're trying to save face and live up to your politically correct liberal bullshit so you don't sound like such a fucking bigot.

RMK

However, inserting these fictional bible stories and viewpoints into the education system (topic of this thread) or exclude reason/science due to biblical contradiction is tantamount to child abuse.

What fictional bible stories?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Coreeece

Are you joking? Water to wine, Jonah in the whale, talking bush, parting the seas, Noah's Ark, rising from dead, Garden of Eden...

Maybe a popular fictional book, but really just a collection of fanciful stories.

Whereas Ron retains his "Jesus glow" (no disrespect Ron); you seem easily agitated and quick to anger - I think your faith is weak.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

Are you joking? Water to wine, Jonah in the whale, talking bush, parting the seas, Noah's Ark, rising from dead, Garden of Eden...

Where has the Texas BOE try to insert those stories into education?

RMK

Whereas Ron retains his "Jesus glow" (no disrespect Ron); you seem easily agitated and quick to anger - I think your faith is weak.

i don't credit you with much in the way of faith, so your opinion is of little import...

RonD1120

Isn't rationalization the mental process developed to produce peace of mind?

So, you are admitting that religion isn't based on reality, it is a system developed to produce peace of mind?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Coreeece

Where has the Texas BOE try to insert those stories into education?

RMK

i don't credit you with much in the way of faith, so your opinion is of little import...

SO you have gone down the road of... anyone not believing as you do..... so they do not matter what - so - ever.....

I think the lord would be very unimpressed with that..

normiss

Ron is not the one with anger issues about his religion.
I've always found him quite polite even when he knows I disagree and disbelieve.
Some others here, different story.

Sez the guy who told me to find religion by sucking cock...:D

Coreeece

Kinda hypocritical to jude the level of faith of another, when you have none of your own...

Did you not just do that again yourself??

Assuming is a harsh lesson that WILL come back to haunt you.

Please refer back to Matthew 7

Amazon

***Kinda hypocritical to jude the level of faith of another, when you have none of your own...

Did you not just do that again yourself??

Assuming is a harsh lesson that WILL come back to haunt you.

Please refer back to Matthew 7

Oh please Jeanne, pay attention...we were talking about RMK. I'm quite sure he's no longer a man of faith. In fact, he just posted a link about how it's the dumbest shit ever heard...

normiss

Ron is not the one with anger issues about his religion.
I've always found him quite polite even when he knows I disagree and disbelieve.

What is the politeness worth when the underlying message is that you're going to burn and suffer in hell forever because you don't believe what he does? It's a mentality of superiority over you, weakly veiled with "only God judges, not me."

Hate, divisiveness and intolerance are ugly regardless of whether they're communicated in a calm or angry way.

I'll bet if Ron's willfully ignorant community of gun-toting "Christians" were the majority we'd end up with something not much different than Islamic State in the US.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

turtlespeed

So, you are admitting that religion isn't based on reality, it is a system developed to produce peace of mind?

No, I am saying that rationalization is of the natural mind.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

. . . And what is religion but a rationalization, naturally?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

. . . And what is religion but a rationalization, naturally?

I am not going to debate that. I have always stated here that I believe that religion is ritualized behavior. I prefer a spiritual life with Christ. I realize that is impossible for you and others to make that distinction.

You must be born again.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

you must be born again

and what about people who tried, and never felt it? Does that mean that Jesus doesn't love them? Some people say they were born again, but if it's really just because everyone else in their church says they were, does it count?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

you must be born again

and what about people who tried, and never felt it? Does that mean that Jesus doesn't love them? Some people say they were born again, but if it's really just because everyone else in their church says they were, does it count?

Wendy P.

It is a condition between the sinner and God. God knows your heart. Being born again might be faked between individuals but not between an individual and God. When a person surrenders at the cross and asks Jesus Christ to come into his heart and life, and is sincere, he will be saved, Romans 10:13.

The experience of being born again is so powerfully overwhelming you want to share it with those whom you care about.

ETA: The following was in my morning devotion and I thought it pertinent here.

Matthew 15:
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people honoreth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.

RonD1120

you must be born again

Wendy P.

It is a condition between the sinner and God. God knows your heart. Being born again might be faked between individuals but not between an individual and God. When a person surrenders at the cross and asks Jesus Christ to come into his heart and life, and is sincere, he will be saved, Romans 10:13.

The experience of being born again is so powerfully overwhelming you want to share it with those whom you care about.

ETA: The following was in my morning devotion and I thought it pertinent here.

Matthew 15:
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people honoreth me with their lips; But their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain do they worship me, Teaching as their doctrines the precepts of men.

I have always thought that those who profess to be Christian... should at least be examples in their lives... of what the LORD taught. Everything I ever read about him as a man leads one to believe he loved his fellow man... and showed it in his actions and teachings. I have seen damn few of his supposed followers who live by those tenents.

Dear Lord, Please protect me from your followers.

God knows your heart.

No he doesn't. According to your own doctrine, he gave us free will. He could not possibly know my heart nor know if I am going to change my mind at any particular instance in time.

more paradox in religion. imagine that.