melch

Shooting in Paris

I welcome it with open arms, did you read what his girlfriend said? The mother fucker was attacking Islam so hard he knew, and she knew it would get him killed. She even asked him to leave the country. He stated he would rather die standing than live kneeling. Sorry you can't see that.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

billvon

>I'm sorry you see satirical cartoons as an "attack".

Heck, in Florida it's legal to shoot to kill if someone comes at you with a cartoon.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I think this is a key. When a load of media publish the stuff, it means the anger cannot be solely directed at a lone outlet that had the balls to publish it. The hyenas don't mess with a whole herd.

What exactly did the Jewish supermarket publish?

A pack of hyenas, if 'hungry' enough, will stampede a whole herd of buffalo, and then single out a vulnerable one to go after.

Skyrad

Clearly it never happened and they were struggling against xenophobia.
Some organisations sued them for inciting to racial hatred, Charlie won their trials.
It seems that you really don't know what this paper was about.

I've seen their bile laden excuse for cartoons, lampooning for example the Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Harem, children who this rag of a magazine ridiculed and linked to handout on a welfare system. CH is simply a magazine of hate mongers and bigots who use facile and asinine cartoons to get a rise.

Wow. Hate much?

It's satire. They didn't have any favorites, they poked at everyone.

This isn't like a loudmouth in a bar, or the Westboros at a funeral. They didn't "shove it in your face."
To see it, you had to go look for it at least a little bit.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

If you really don't like it, organize a boycott of their advertisers and shut off their funds.

But violence in response to a printed page is wrong.
It does more to show the mindset of Islam than CH.

As Lawrocket pointed out, mocking Islam is dangerous.
Which tells me that Islam (as a whole) is unable to stand behind their actions as a religion.

How many "Islamic" countries have death penalties for promoting other religions?
How many have strict blasphemy laws?

Criticism and competition make one stronger.
If you can't face critics and competitors without threatening to kill them if they don't shut up, maybe you should look at your own message.

You (Skyrad, whom I'm replying to) have always been a voice of reason and rationality about Islam. I've always respected that.

But not this rant against CH.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Worried that Charlie Hebdo might run out of material, religious institutions rush to provide more:

Saudi Islamic cleric: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/12/us-odd-saudi-snow-idUSKBN0KL15N20150112
:S

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Newspaper: http://www.mediaite.com/online/ultra-orthodox-jewish-newspaper-edits-female-world-leaders-out-of-charlie-hebdo-march/

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Worried that Charlie Hebdo might run out of material, religious institutions rush to provide more:

Saudi Islamic cleric: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/12/us-odd-saudi-snow-idUSKBN0KL15N20150112

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Newspaper: http://www.mediaite.com/online/ultra-orthodox-jewish-newspaper-edits-female-world-leaders-out-of-charlie-hebdo-march/

Christian pastor: http://www.care2.com/causes/4-awful-things-pastor-mark-driscoll-has-said-besides-calling-women-penis-homes.html (yes, yes, I know: that was so 3 months ago...)

Yet another Christian pastor: http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/02/britain-pastor-tells-women-to-be-silent-and-submit-to-their-husbands/ (Another reliable timeless standard)

Not to be outdone by organized religion, there's also the Russians: http://www.care2.com/causes/russia-bans-transgender-drivers.html

This is something I had not read previously:

One of the police officials also said Coulibaly apparently set off a car bomb Thursday in the town of Villejuif, but no one was injured and it did not receive significant media attention at the time.

Source: http://www.dailyastorian.com/france-israel-mourn-man-linked-to-paris-attacker-held-da-ap-webfeeds-news-nation-worlde19fb2b3e729470e8c51b9c8b5e2a4ed

So I'm wondering what the town of Villejuif did to bring this on themselves.

From Ahmed Aboutaleb , (the Muslim mayor of Rotterdam):

It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom. But if you do not like freedom, in Heaven’s name pack your bag and leave. There may be a place in the world where you can be yourself. Be honest with yourself and do not go and kill innocent journalists. And if you do not like it here because humorists you do not like make a newspaper, may I then say you can fuck off.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/11342282/Rotterdams-mayor-tells-Muslims-to-pack-their-bags-and-go-if-they-dont-like-freedom.html

This popped up on my FB feed.

Cartoons done by one of the people killed.

Interesting how "Bigoted and Hate Mongering" they are.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/11/1357057/-The-Charlie-Hebdo-cartoons-no-one-is-showing-you?detail=email
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

billvon

>Cartoons done by one of the people killed.

He was clearly actively attacking murderers to incite them and knew it would one day kill him. He got what he asked for.

Kind of like when one criticizes Obama
They are just asking to be called a racist

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

From Ahmed Aboutaleb , (the Muslim mayor of Rotterdam):

It is incomprehensible that you can turn against freedom. But if you do not like freedom, in Heaven’s name pack your bag and leave. There may be a place in the world where you can be yourself. Be honest with yourself and do not go and kill innocent journalists. And if you do not like it here because humorists you do not like make a newspaper, may I then say you can fuck off.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/11342282/Rotterdams-mayor-tells-Muslims-to-pack-their-bags-and-go-if-they-dont-like-freedom.html

So.... How long before some radical muslim cunt tries to off him? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

rushmc

***>Cartoons done by one of the people killed.

He was clearly actively attacking murderers to incite them and knew it would one day kill him. He got what he asked for.

Can you not see the difference between calling somebody a racist and killing them over it?

This is the main difference here. IF the Muslim community had simply voiced the opinion that Charlie Hebdo was being racist or insensitive, then the Muslim community might be right, but KILLING people over it was absolutely wrong.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

HighJB

I've seen their bile laden excuse for cartoons, lampooning for example the Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Harem, children who this rag of a magazine ridiculed and linked to handout on a welfare system. CH is simply a magazine of hate mongers and bigots who use facile and asinine cartoons to get a rise.

I 'd like to see examples of what your saying
Some cartoons were bad taste for sure, but bad taste is not a crime.
Usually there cartoon were not 1 st degree. Some people just don't understand 2 nd or 3 rd degree. Their humor might be hard to understand when you're not French (As sometimes I don't catch British Humor). You don't like, you don't buy. And that's all.

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-ddd3904e07d024cc09ecc4d76145f73d?convert_to_webp=true
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

quade

******>Cartoons done by one of the people killed.

Can you not see the difference between calling somebody a racist and killing them over it?

This is the main difference here. IF the Muslim community had simply voiced the opinion that Charlie Hebdo was being racist or insensitive, then the Muslim community might be right, but KILLING people over it was absolutely wrong.

[:/] Of course I can Paul
I thought Bill was being sarchstic
I just followed the lead

i doubt you can find anywhere here where I would say the cartoonist had it coming
I dont care how offensive they were
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Skyrad

Can someone translate that bubble?
Google translate gives:

Sexual slaves boko haram angry.
Touch it to our allocs

Thats right, i'm the asshole that said it. You direct a bunch of inflammatory messages to a crazy bunch of wacko terrorists, then talk shit about how you dont care if they come kill you, then taunt them again about how they have not done it yet, and make a cartoon that says you hope it will happen as a new years resolution and they just might come do it.

All of those things happened, if anyone here fails to see a connection then fine. Some of us do.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Erroll

I think this is a key. When a load of media publish the stuff, it means the anger cannot be solely directed at a lone outlet that had the balls to publish it. The hyenas don't mess with a whole herd.

What exactly did the Jewish supermarket publish?

A pack of hyenas, if 'hungry' enough, will stampede a whole herd of buffalo, and then single out a vulnerable one to go after.

If we can not use hornets, how can we use hyenas?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun