mpohl

Toddler accidentally shoots and kills his mother in Idaho Wal-Mart

champu

***27 states and the District of Columbia have child firearm storage laws similar to Minnesota's, expressly prohibiting storing or leaving firearms where they can be accessed by juveniles outside of parental/guardian supervision. Idaho, where our little Stewie managed to gun down Lois, is not one of them. Nor are there child firearm access/storage statutes at the federal level. So, that's 45% of the United States where children are not protected by firearm access/storage laws. No, it isn't 100%, but it is what it is.

ETA: RYoder posted same while I was googling & typing.

And using ryoder's link and this, the percentage of the US population that lives in states with such laws that at least attempt to make owners secure their firearms aways from minors is about 71% (226.4M/318.9M)

Maybe so, but those states amount to only, um, 38% of the total landmass in the US.
Why don't you want to protect all children?
Strike your colors.

Reminds me of high school....

I was catcher on the baseball team and stopped a bat with my right hand and broke a bone.
The options for cast: camo, pink, or plaster white.
I went in boot camp with a pink cast on.
My CC and I removed it after the first week.
:D:D:D

normiss

I don't think he understands all the words he used.
"Clockwise"?

That is part of the "gangsta" authenticity.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy9o8

***And using ryoder's link and this, the percentage of the US population that lives in states with such laws that at least attempt to make owners secure their firearms aways from minors is about 71% (226.4M/318.9M)

Maybe so, but those states amount to only, um, 38% of the total landmass in the US.
Strike your colors.

I'll strike nothing! What could possibly be safer for children than a landmass devoid of children?

champu

******And using ryoder's link and this, the percentage of the US population that lives in states with such laws that at least attempt to make owners secure their firearms aways from minors is about 71% (226.4M/318.9M)

Strike your colors.

I'll strike nothing! What could possibly be safer for children than a landmass devoid of children?

no children = no murders by children

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

*********And using ryoder's link and this, the percentage of the US population that lives in states with such laws that at least attempt to make owners secure their firearms aways from minors is about 71% (226.4M/318.9M)

Strike your colors.

And no accidents involving children! I think we've found a solution... a final solution, if you will.

rehmwa

*********And using ryoder's link and this, the percentage of the US population that lives in states with such laws that at least attempt to make owners secure their firearms aways from minors is about 71% (226.4M/318.9M)

Strike your colors.

Children don't kill people. Criminals with children kill people.

masterrig

Has anyone noticed... the person who started this thread has vanished? Maybe it's because when questioned, they didn't want to respond.

Chuck

Hopefully he stays the fuck off of here. Quite frankly, his character leaves much to be desired. Ran one of the Skyride DZs for a while back in the day so he associated himself with some real dirtbags.

He's posted some stupid shit over the years, but this is by far the worst. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Has anyone noticed... the person who started this thread has vanished? Maybe it's because when questioned, they didn't want to respond.

Chuck

Hopefully he stays the fuck off of here. Quite frankly, his character leaves much to be desired. Ran one of the Skyride DZs for a while back in the day so he associated himself with some real dirtbags.

Holy crap! Sounds like a real 'class act'. Just stirring-up shit.

Chuck

masterrig

******Has anyone noticed... the person who started this thread has vanished? Maybe it's because when questioned, they didn't want to respond.

Chuck

Chuck

One can only hope.

I noticed he never answered the question of whether or not he still really wanted kids killing their parents.

Maybe he's crashed from the high he was on.

maybe he's taking a little unscheduled vacation . . .

it matters not as long as he is long gone and for as long as possible.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*********Has anyone noticed... the person who started this thread has vanished? Maybe it's because when questioned, they didn't want to respond.

Chuck

Chuck

One can only hope.

I noticed he never answered the question of whether or not he still really wanted kids killing their parents.

Maybe he's crashed from the high he was on.

maybe he's taking a little unscheduled vacation . . .

it matters not as long as he is long gone and for as long as possible.

Maybe, he's being fitted with one of those coats with a built-in hug? :D We do get some real winners on here, once in awhile.

Chuck

Jeez, some of you guys really are loud-mouthed and only feeling comfortable amongst each others ....

DZ.com is not American but, you have the advantage of sharing same language with South Africans.

I just tried to imagine how lost you guys would be outside your borders .... did you ever enter any *alien* skydiving site? Surely not, as most of you do not know how to talk in other languages, some of you do not even know their own properly.

You're welcome to visit German SD sites, discuss and show your experiences. You can be sure that nobody here would attack you in that redneck manner like you are doing with foreigners (not only the Germans).

I have to admit that mpohl is a bit over the top sometimes. But, you're doing it as well! Especially the oldies of you, which still revel in remembrance of the(ir) good ol' days in the WWII aftermath.

Perhaps you feel happy saying 'we chased him away'/mpohl I mean ... and now? Feel better. What a victory!! :|

Some of you only are only brave in their own languages, on thier own back yards. What losers. :|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

You make a good point, but I think what many Americans here are objecting to is the nearly constant US bashing that goes on around here from certain folks from other countries. Every nation can be made to look bad if only the worst things about it are emphasized, just as any individual can be made to look like a fool by highlighting his worst moments. America has many faults; some of them are the world's business. A shooting in Idaho is not.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Did you miss the part that he came on here profusely stating anti american views and made several point blank personal attacks that have routinely put others on a time out from this forum? He should have been kicked out of speakers corner by the first page or two. Tough through a keyboard. He does not belong here acting like a child. And to now find out he is actually an adult?!? Saddened on one hand on happy on the other because I could feel better about wanting to bitch slap him.
If nothing else then for his blatant personal attack. Others started doing it only after it became obvious the moderators would not hold him back. Sometimes that depends on what side of the isle you are on
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Croc

America has many faults; some of them are the world's business. A shooting in Idaho is not.

But the highest homicide rate in the developed world is a serious fault, and one that many on here try to brush under the rug.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yet you yourself have said time and time again that in all your time on the south side of Chicago you have never felt in danger. So how bad is it really Kallend. You can't have it both ways!!! We have major inner city issues and gangs. Most of them are shooting each other. I do not feel threatened either. Because I know America is a safe place. Chicago is a safe place. I have been to Atlanta 3 times and Detroit countless times. You know better than what you speak. You just refuse to accept the truth. America is a great place with inner city violence. Does other nations have inner city violence/culture like we have yet are safer because of gun laws. Stop trying to make the US look bad when you know better. Again you can not have it both ways and you have stated repeatedly in you anti gun rants that you have never needed one on the south side. So how bad is Chicago actually Kallend. Should we all move over seas because the drug dealers are killing each other?!?!
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

But the highest homicide rate in the developed world is a serious fault, and one that many on here try to brush under the rug.

I agree with you that it is a serious problem - one that ends with a gun but does not begin with it - Its the lack of respect for a persons own self and the right for another to exist.

I am not trying to brush anything under the rug.

I just cannot see how disarming law abiding citizens will do anything to stem the murder rate - and yes I do realize that legitimate gun owners have snapped and killed others - but disarmament will only lead to victims without the means to defend themselves - does anyone really think that by disarming the law abiding people that criminals wont have firearms?

I quite honestly don't have the answer, but I do know that disarming us isn't it.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

christelsabine

Jeez, some of you guys really are loud-mouthed and only feeling comfortable amongst each others ....

DZ.com is not American but, you have the advantage of sharing same language with South Africans.

I just tried to imagine how lost you guys would be outside your borders .... did you ever enter any *alien* skydiving site? Surely not, as most of you do not know how to talk in other languages, some of you do not even know their own properly.

You're welcome to visit German SD sites, discuss and show your experiences. You can be sure that nobody here would attack you in that redneck manner like you are doing with foreigners (not only the Germans).

I have to admit that mpohl is a bit over the top sometimes. But, you're doing it as well! Especially the oldies of you, which still revel in remembrance of the(ir) good ol' days in the WWII aftermath.

Perhaps you feel happy saying 'we chased him away'/mpohl I mean ... and now? Feel better. What a victory!! :|

Some of you only are only brave in their own languages, on thier own back yards. What losers. :|

I see. So you defend the integrity of a guy that wants american children to kill their parents.

Gotcha.:)
If that is what the rest of the world condones, they are better kept at arms length.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

christelsabine

You're free to leave too. Don't let the door slam your ass on the way out. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Easy Billy. She seems like a really decent person but is also not afraid to rip on the USA when she gets a chance. Most of this is simple lack of knowledge. Some people actually believe because of the violence of the gangs killing each other and also others in their neighborhood that the US is this horrible violent place reminiscent of the wild wild west that no one would ever want to live given there own choice. Maybe we shouldn't worry about protecting the borders after all because everyone should just flee out of here if it is that bad?

D22369

I agree with you that it is a serious problem - one that ends with a gun but does not begin with it - Its the lack of respect for a persons own self and the right for another to exist.

I am not trying to brush anything under the rug.

I just cannot see how disarming law abiding citizens will do anything to stem the murder rate - and yes I do realize that legitimate gun owners have snapped and killed others - but disarmament will only lead to victims without the means to defend themselves - does anyone really think that by disarming the law abiding people that criminals wont have firearms?

I quite honestly don't have the answer, but I do know that disarming us isn't it.

Roy

The answer is very simple and has nothing to do with guns. The USA needs more boobies on tv and in newspapers and less violence on tv. Second part closely related is less religious extremism.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.