regulator

Nancy Pelosi should keep her mouth shut

CanuckInUSA

Nancy Pelosi is an idiot. Her gender has nothing to do with her being an idiot. She just happens to be an idiot who is female. If a male acted the same way Pelosi acts (you know there is no shortage of them who are out there), they too are idiots regardless of their gender. So why are all the Progressives here attempting to make this thread into a gender issue thread? What a joke.

Possibly because regulator called her a cunt and grue said "some people" should be kicked in the twat and used as snowshoes.

Join our team, Steve. Not only do we command The Moral High Ground, we also have decoder rings, and we're not afraid to use them.

I support the Washington Redskins to remain as the Redskins. Just as I support the Kansas City Chiefs to be the Chiefs, the Atlanta Braves to be the Braves, the New York Yankees to be the Yankees, the Chicago Black Hawks to be the Black Hawks etc, etc, etc. All this PC crap is pure BS. Don't your politicians have more important issues to deal with than worrying about a team moniker?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Andy9o8

***Nancy Pelosi is an idiot. Her gender has nothing to do with her being an idiot. She just happens to be an idiot who is female. If a male acted the same way Pelosi acts (you know there is no shortage of them who are out there), they too are idiots regardless of their gender. So why are all the Progressives here attempting to make this thread into a gender issue thread? What a joke.

Possibly because regulator called her a cunt and grue said "some people" should be kicked in the twat and used as snowshoes.

Join our team, Steve. Not only do we command The Moral High Ground, we also have decoder rings, and we're not afraid to use them.

If she was a guy I'd have said he should be kicked in the asshole and used as a snowshoe, it's not a sexism thing. It's clearly easier to fit a foot in a vagina than a rectum.
cavete terrae.

It's not OK here to say ....

But can I say: "El gato negro tiene un rostro negro"? Last time I checked negro was NOT a racial slang word in the second (soon to be the) most popular language in the USA. Negro is simply the word Black in the Spanish language.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

It's not OK here to say ....

But can I say: "El gato negro tiene un rostro negro"? Last time I checked negro was NOT a racially slang word in the second (soon to be the) most popular language in the USA. Negro is simply the word Black in the Spanish language.

My favorite beer is Negra Modelo
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

CanuckInUSA

Don't your politicians have more important issues to deal with than worrying about a team moniker?

No. Failure to balance the budget or even pass it before it begins saves them loads of time for jumping on PC BS and doing their actual jobs.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

lawrocket

[Reply]Terrible analogy example, on several levels. Try another one.

Why? I'm open to explanation.

My belief is that it is subject to lines being drawn. And different people draw them in different places. Perhaps in twenty years people will start saying that the term "Vikings" is bad.

I can see a team name like the Lafayette Coonasses being objectionable by lots of people and being rabidly supported by self-identifying coonasses around Lafayette and elsewhere.

But as I've also stated with regard to auto names, we'll name a rugged car a "Cherokee" but not name an economy car a "Jew." Because there are lines.

I'll have you know, sir, that a 'Jew Canoe' is but another name for a Cadillac.

I drive a Town Car, but what the hell.

skinnay

Nothing makes an angry conservative even angrier than one of those "loud mouth women" :D Damn bitches, why don't they just go back into the kitchen?! And you are totally right bro, how dare some damn CUNT say anything bad about a FOOTBALL team!

But the thing is.. it's not up to you to decide whether its a slur or not, and the general consensus among civilized people [liberal pussies]is that redskin is sure as shit a slur. If you don't like it, maybe you should go back to whatever European country you came from?

On a serious note, you need real counseling for your anger/women issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR-tbOxlhvE

Fixed it for you.

skinnay

Nothing makes an angry conservative even angrier than one of those "loud mouth women" :D Damn bitches, why don't they just go back into the kitchen?! And you are totally right bro, how dare some damn CUNT say anything bad about a FOOTBALL team!

But the thing is.. it's not up to you to decide whether its a slur or not, and the general consensus among civilized people is that redskin is sure as shit a slur. If you don't like it, maybe you should go back to whatever European country you came from?

So what you're saying is that the term redskin only offends those with whispering eyes?

Here is a group of photos of navajo code talkers wearing redskins gear. They don't appear to be offended.

https://www.google.com/search?q=native+america+code+talkers+at+redskins+game&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=kqMjU6fDDomL2AX_-YHwBw&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1099

Personally, I always viewed the names of the Atlanta Braves, Washington Redskins, etc. a reference to the fierce warrior spirit and honorable traditions of native nations. I never saw it as a slur. How could it be? Would you name your team "drunk-ass has-beens" to inspire them?

I grew up and have lived in the DC area my whole life. I am a Redskins fan. I would have no problem if they changed the name to the Warriors and kept the logo. The problem with "Redskins" IMO, is that it has nothing to do with the 'fierce warrior spirit', it solely references a skin color. It is not the fact that it refers to Native Americans, it is because it does so in a racist way.

- Dan G

regulator

***Nothing makes an angry conservative even angrier than one of those "loud mouth women" :D Damn bitches, why don't they just go back into the kitchen?! And you are totally right bro, how dare some damn CUNT say anything bad about a FOOTBALL team!

But the thing is.. it's not up to you to decide whether its a slur or not, and the general consensus among civilized people is that redskin is sure as shit a slur. If you don't like it, maybe you should go back to whatever European country you came from?

That - citizens, is what you call Irony of the week.

Or maybe irony of the weak.

You choose.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

lawrocket

Personally, I always viewed the names of the Atlanta Braves, Washington Redskins, etc. a reference to the fierce warrior spirit and honorable traditions of native nations. I never saw it as a slur. How could it be? Would you name your team "drunk-ass has-beens" to inspire them?

Absolutely!
Here is a list of slur words used to describe various ethnic groups.
How many of these words have been used as team names? (other than "Redskin")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

There's a pretty well-known team called the "New York Yankees." "Yankee" or "Yank" is a pretty well-known worldwide pejorative (sort of the equivalent of "Limey" or "Kraut." And has been and remains pejorative in parts of the country.

"Limey" is a compliment. It refers to the genius of the British in recognizing the health benefit of vitamin C in citrus fruits, thus preventing British sailors from being scurvy ridden like those of other nations (Merchant Shipping Act, 1867). Being recognized for genius is not a pejorative except, maybe, among Republicans.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Absolutely!

There's a pretty well-known team called the "New York Yankees." "Yankee" or "Yank" is a pretty well-known worldwide pejorative (sort of the equivalent of "Limey" or "Kraut." And has been and remains pejorative in parts of the country.

"Limey" is a compliment. It refers to the genius of the British in recognizing the health benefit of vitamin C in citrus fruits, thus preventing British sailors from being scurvy ridden like those of other nations (Merchant Shipping Act, 1867). Being recognized for genius is not a pejorative except, maybe, among Republicans.

And cracker is a Betty Crocker term.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

regulator

***Nothing makes an angry conservative even angrier than one of those "loud mouth women" :D Damn bitches, why don't they just go back into the kitchen?! And you are totally right bro, how dare some damn CUNT say anything bad about a FOOTBALL team!

But the thing is.. it's not up to you to decide whether its a slur or not, and the general consensus among civilized people [liberal pussies]is that redskin is sure as shit a slur. If you don't like it, maybe you should go back to whatever European country you came from?

Fixed it for you.

Ooohhh I'm sorry, I forgot how tough you are :D

Sometimes I forget it takes a real man to go on the internet and let everyone know which women are cunts and need to be kicked! Us liberal pussies always fear looking like a misogynist piece of trash, so I commend you for having the balls to do it bro. Thanks for telling it how it is.

rwieder

Dan Snyder may not be willing to change the Redskins’ name because some Native Americans are offended by it, but he would likely change his mind on the subject if losing the trademark affected the team’s profitability.

They can't force him to change the name of his team, I bet that drives them wild. There may be some Native-Americans that would bee offended if they were to change the name of the team. Pete Roselle, (deceased [:/] ) and Paul Tagleableau
Best-
Richard

I recently read a news story where a Native American, who is a self described 'huge Redskins fan' stated that he took no offense to the name. He feels too that all this 'political correctness' has gone too far and that we ALL need to lighten-up. I agree!

The way things are with all this PC crap, you could name a sports team; 'The Fighting Pink Pansies' and someone would take offense.

Chuck

CanuckInUSA

Nancy Pelosi is an idiot. Her gender has nothing to do with her being an idiot. She just happens to be an idiot who is female. If a male acted the same way Pelosi acts (you know there is no shortage of them who are out there), they too are idiots regardless of their gender. So why are all the Progressives here attempting to make this thread into a gender issue thread? What a joke.

Not to mention that she is a total hypocrite! For years, she had a concealed carry permit. Once she got 'federal protection' she gave-up her permit and proceeded to try to ban various firearms.

Chuck

masterrig

I recently read a news story where a Native American, who is a self described 'huge Redskins fan' stated that he took no offense to the name. He feels too that all this 'political correctness' has gone too far and that we ALL need to lighten-up. I agree!

The way things are with all this PC crap, you could name a sports team; 'The Fighting Pink Pansies' and someone would take offense.

Chuck

Only a violent colorist plantist would suggest that name. ;)

My fiancee is part Native American. Was talking with her Uncle who is even more so and he said the word "Indian" when referring to his tribe. Was about to correct him, but realized the absurdity of doing so and stopped myself.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

turtlespeed

Absolutely!

And cracker is a Betty Crocker term.

Those aren't racist because they refer to white people. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

masterrig

Chuck

I don't know how it is where you are, but there are several reservations around here (Oneida and Ojibwa). If you use the term "redskin" in the wrong place on the res, it can get ugly.

How about the "Birmingham Spearchuckers", "Charleston Junglebunnies", "Miami Kikes" or "New York Wops"?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Bolas

Chuck

Only a violent colorist plantist would suggest that name. ;)

My fiancee is part Native American. Was talking with her Uncle who is even more so and he said the word "Indian" when referring to his tribe. Was about to correct him, but realized the absurdity of doing so and stopped myself.

I've heard more Native People refer to themselves as 'Indian'. I recall during the 70's the American Indian Movement (AIM). If, that's how they refer to themselves, that's their right. I don't feel compelled to support some non-Indian group who wants a team's name changed because they feel it is racist, demeaning or denigrating or whatever. Now, on the other hand if an Indian group feels that way, that's a different story.

Chuck

wolfriverjoe

Chuck

I don't know how it is where you are, but there are several reservations around here (Oneida and Ojibwa). If you use the term "redskin" in the wrong place on the res, it can get ugly.

How about the "Birmingham Spearchuckers", "Charleston Junglebunnies", "Miami Kikes" or "New York Wops"?

I see your point. I feel it should be up to the Indians if they don't like it to speak-up. Not some self-righteous, nothing better to do white group. I wonder what the reaction would be today, to the movie M.A.S.H. and the 'Spearchucker' character in it!?

Chuck