regulator

Nancy Pelosi should keep her mouth shut

wolfriverjoe

I recently read a news story where a Native American, who is a self described 'huge Redskins fan' stated that he took no offense to the name. He feels too that all this 'political correctness' has gone too far and that we ALL need to lighten-up. I agree!

The way things are with all this PC crap, you could name a sports team; 'The Fighting Pink Pansies' and someone would take offense.

Chuck

I don't know how it is where you are, but there are several reservations around here (Oneida and Ojibwa). If you use the term "redskin" in the wrong place on the res, it can get ugly.

How about the "Birmingham Spearchuckers", "Charleston Junglebunnies", "Miami Kikes" or "New York Wops"?

Do you really think those who think its no big deal with redskins... would have a problem with any of those... really???

I used to keep my 32' boat out on the Makah reservation... you know.. the ones who have a treaty to be able to kill whales to maintain their culture???

I was amazed that their culture had Weatherby .460's and motorized vessels that towed their canoes out to sea that way. The revelry upon being towed back to the dock was also epic and would put most skydivers to shame after the beer light came on.

Try using that kind of derogatory term on the res... well perhaps they will help you out.

Amazon

I recently read a news story where a Native American, who is a self described 'huge Redskins fan' stated that he took no offense to the name. He feels too that all this 'political correctness' has gone too far and that we ALL need to lighten-up. I agree!

The way things are with all this PC crap, you could name a sports team; 'The Fighting Pink Pansies' and someone would take offense.

Chuck

I don't know how it is where you are, but there are several reservations around here (Oneida and Ojibwa). If you use the term "redskin" in the wrong place on the res, it can get ugly.

How about the "Birmingham Spearchuckers", "Charleston Junglebunnies", "Miami Kikes" or "New York Wops"?

Do you really think those who think its no big deal with redskins... would have a problem with any of those... really???

I used to keep my 32' boat out on the Makah reservation... you know.. the ones who have a treaty to be able to kill whales to maintain their culture???

I was amazed that their culture had Weatherby .460's and motorized vessels that towed their canoes out to sea that way. The revelry upon being towed back to the dock was also epic and would put most skydivers to shame after the beer light came on.

Try using that kind of derogatory term on the res... well perhaps they will help you out.

I'm curious about something... have any of these do-gooders polled the Indians about this subject to get their feelings?

Chuck

billvon

> It's clearly easier to fit a foot in a vagina than a rectum.

Enough with the sexism. It's not OK here to say "I'd shoot that nigger in his smirking black face" even if you follow it up with "I'd shoot a redneck too."

Oh great diarrhea of Xenu, are you serious?

Here, is this politically correct enough for you?:

"I sincerely hope that Nancy Pelosi, and anyone else who uses political power to try and force their view of morals on anyone else, die horribly of a non-contagious disease that cannot be cured and equally affects persons with all known configurations of the 23rd chromosomal pair"

Yes, the name could be better, but there are substantially more important things to worry about.

edit: It's still ok to hope, right? I know that Obama ran on that as part of his platform but since most of the stuff he spouted to get into office was BS, hope might be illegal now too. I haven't been able to keep up.
cavete terrae.

masterrig

I wonder what the reaction would be today, to the movie M.A.S.H. and the 'Spearchucker' character in it!?

The character was a javelin athlete in college.

So if there was a PC reaction it would be, as usual, a complete non sequitor and a false and manufactured issue.

as usual

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

*** I wonder what the reaction would be today, to the movie M.A.S.H. and the 'Spearchucker' character in it!?

The character was a javelin athlete in college.

So if there was a PC reaction it would be, as usual, a complete non sequitor and a false and manufactured issue.

as usual

Absolutely! That's what I was driving at.

Chuck

lawrocket

[Reply]Terrible analogy example, on several levels. Try another one.

Why? I'm open to explanation.

My belief is that it is subject to lines being drawn. And different people draw them in different places. Perhaps in twenty years people will start saying that the term "Vikings" is bad.

I can see a team name like the Lafayette Coonasses being objectionable by lots of people and being rabidly supported by self-identifying coonasses around Lafayette and elsewhere.

But as I've also stated with regard to auto names, we'll name a rugged car a "Cherokee" but not name an economy car a "Jew." Because there are lines.

LMAO

>So if there was a PC reaction it would be, as usual, a complete non sequitor and
>a false and manufactured issue.

And of course Hawkeye is mocking the Native Americans of North Carolina. And don't even get me started on Trapper . . .

And don't even get me started on Trapper . . .

Oh no -- remember? It's always OK to make fun of the white redneck :):P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

And don't even get me started on Trapper . . .

Oh no -- remember? It's always OK to make fun of the white redneck people :):P

Wendy P.

FIFY
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

billvon

>So if there was a PC reaction it would be, as usual, a complete non sequitor and
>a false and manufactured issue.

And of course Hawkeye is mocking the Native Americans of North Carolina. And don't even get me started on Trapper . . .

don't forget "Hot Lips" too. absolutely non-PC

and "Frank"......seriously? calling someone frank is just asking for societal programs and infringement of the 1st amendment by the thought police.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants