RonD1120

BHO's bogus birth certificate revisited

>Provide the information the non-birther interested people and media would
>have left the argument . . . .

Are we talking about the same media here? The media that is spending all its time on Donald Trump right now? The media that spent a week on a "wardrobe malfunction?" The media where any controversy at all gets headline coverage?

The media reports on shiny objects. Birthers were very shiny.

>You are a(volunteer?) moderator of a political subforum of a small website ,
>not an elected president of the United States who would have expected you to.

Exactly. I have a lot more time to waste on nonsense like that than the president does. And still I'd refuse.

>When dealing with kids you bust the little shits at their own game

I guess we have different ideas on parenting.

>Also I dont see how falling out of a vagina on US soil with the right name
>makes you a better candidate than some highly educated and hard working
>immigrant who has been here 30 years.

Yep. I expect to see pretty much all Republicans make a similar shift. (Of course, had Bernie Sanders been born in Canada, they would now be saying "how about we follow the law and elect an American, instead of shitting on the Constitution? What's wrong with obeying the law? Why do Democrats have such a hard time with that?")

Anvilbrother

It's clear we see different ways on this, and it won't resolve. Thanks for the replies.

Indeed.

Just because some right wing racists claim, with no evidence whatsoever, that this president isn't qualified, all presidents from now on will have to produce their birth certificates, unlike any of the 43 presidents who preceded Obama. Great logic there. Did you take lessons from rushmc?

Great logic.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I take no issue with him being born here or not...:S. I even made a point to say what does being born here have to do with being a good leader. SMH!

My issue is if he had what people were asking for why be a dick and string them along as a go fuck yourselves in stead of just simply showing the doccuments. AKA the same thing hillary did with her servers. Until the FBI practically pried them from her hands.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

I take no issue with him being born here or not...:S. I even made a point to say what does being born here have to do with being a good leader. SMH!

My issue is if he had what people were asking for why be a dick and string them along as a go fuck yourselves in stead of just simply showing the doccuments. AKA the same thing hillary did with her servers. Until the FBI practically pried them from her hands.

And my issue is: why do different standards apply to the first black president than to all his predecessors. None of them were asked to produce a birth certificate because some racist bigots fabricated stories about those presidents' origins.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anvilbrother

H!

My issue is if he had what people were asking for why be a dick and string them along as a go fuck yourselves in stead of just simply showing the doccuments.

Because of the precedent it sets.

Lets assume Rubio gets into office next term and people start clamoring not only for his birth certificate on the first day in office, but also his marriage certificate, or a blood test result... should he pander to them?

If he did, what would the next president have to produce to assuage the super paranoid?

I am just a firefighter and when I got hired I had to provide:
Official birth certificate WITH seal intact
Official Social security card not copied or laminated
Current drivers license
Official High school diploma
Copy of current vehicle insurance
Current civil service score
Background check
Credit report check
MATRIX test
Current tabes score
Pass of occ med
Pass of work steps

Irregardless of what they are is it too much to ask that the documented requirements to be the person who runs the country be gathered and filed away? No one is asking for a semen sample Clinton. It is 3 things to be a president and two of them are covered by one document, it is so easy to meet that this thread should not even exist.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

yoink

***H!

My issue is if he had what people were asking for why be a dick and string them along as a go fuck yourselves in stead of just simply showing the doccuments.

Because of the precedent it sets.

Oh yea, what a horrible precedent. God forbid that a candidate actually provide documentation showing his qualification to hold office...

...maybe Deez Nuts actually has a chance...

yoink

Lets assume Rubio gets into office next term and people start clamoring not only for his birth certificate on the first day in office, but also his marriage certificate, or a blood test result... should he pander to them?

Stupid question...marital status and blood test results hold no bearing on presidential qualification.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

JerryBaumchen

Hi Anvil,

I am just a firefighter

In 1964 I, along with 901 other guys, took the test to be a firefighter for the City of Portland. I came out #1 in the results & was appointed. I never had to show anything of what you list.

Jerry Baumchen

After 9/11 documentation requirements changed not just for fire fighters, but just about every job in the US. Has zero to do with anything except security theater and ever increasing security state.

http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Hi Anvil,

I am just a firefighter

In 1964 I, along with 901 other guys, took the test to be a firefighter for the City of Portland. I came out #1 in the results & was appointed. I never had to show anything of what you list.

Jerry Baumchen

After 9/11 documentation requirements changed not just for fire fighters, but just about every job in the US. Has zero to do with anything except security theater and ever increasing security state.

http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

In order to have a drivers license, you usually must be 16, and show your birth certificate. in order to be president you have certain requirements. What is wrong with having to produce those documents?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

***I take no issue with him being born here or not...:S. I even made a point to say what does being born here have to do with being a good leader. SMH!

And my issue is: why do different standards apply to the first black president than to all his predecessors. None of them were asked to produce a birth certificate because some racist bigots fabricated stories about those presidents' origins.

I think all racist bigots should be required to take a DNA test... for ethnicity...:ph34r:

JerryBaumchen

Hi Anvil,

I am just a firefighter

Jerry Baumchen

Well you know.. them Lousiana fires need a lot more proof that you are who you say you are before they will let you fight em.:ph34r:

turtlespeed

In order to have a drivers license, you usually must be 16, and show your birth certificate. in order to be president you have certain requirements. What is wrong with having to produce those documents?

As a frequent defender of the 2nd Amendment, I would have thought you'd be a little more, I dunno, beholding to the requirements as actually listed in the US Constitution.

Obama met those. In fact, he more than meets that standard.

He doesn't have to meet the nutball standard and prove it to each and every nutball who decides to challenge it. He proves it to the election committee, they rule, the day is carried. It doesn't have to be continually retried by and reproven to every fucking nutball in the country.

I'm surprised this thread continues, but then again, DB Cooper, so there ya go with nutballs again.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

I'm surprised this thread continues

Then let's kill it right here...

If Obama didn't qualify, then Hillary damn well sure would've made it known...

*edit*
Not the best logic, but i'm sure it'll stick...:P
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

The affidavit is the standard one provided by the state of Hawaii. He provided it. No one else would have been asked for more. I'll bet that a firefighter in Louisiana who was born in Hawaii would have been fine with what was provided first, and not the full detail one. I'll bet that Obama's passport says he was born in the US, and it's based on documentation as well. And when he first got a passport, there was no need for a conspiracy yet, because he was what -- six years old?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You don't have to show anything at all to the press or anyone who opposes you. If there was an official agency supplying permits to candidates or office holders presenting documents to them would be appropriate. But to any nut case who demands it? I don't think so. Do firefighters have to produce documents if a member of the public asks?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

He provided a long form 1. Three years later 2. Had errors.

Once again I dont care about the requirement. My issues is that it currently is one, and it took him THREE years to come up with a shotty one at best.

Anvilbrother

He provided a long form 1. Three years later 2. Had errors.

Once again I dont care about the requirement. My issues is that it currently is one, and it took him THREE years to come up with a shotty one at best.

I'm finding it much too difficult to understand exactly what this poorly written reply means other than that you are displeased with your President. But lucky for you the next President Clinton is clearly a white American born in the USA, so soon you will be happy again!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Please go troll somewhere else with that racist hur hur the next one is gonna be white so you will be happy shit. You have already requested permission from a mod to PA me over something you had NO clue about, and had to come back and eat crow because you were mistaken so stop while you are behind please. You have missed the point again.

Anvilbrother

Please go troll somewhere else with that racist hur hur the next one is gonna be white so you will be happy shit. You have already requested permission from a mod to PA me over something you had NO clue about, and had to come back and eat crow because you were mistaken so stop while you are behind please. You have missed the point again.

I don't mind eating crow when I make an error. It's sometimes hard to distinguish sarcasm from straight comment here. You may notice that I use it as well and now it has confused you too! Welcome to the club.

That said, the whole "birther" movement is indeed clearly racist.

wmw999

The affidavit is the standard one provided by the state of Hawaii. He provided it. No one else would have been asked for more. I'll bet that a firefighter in Louisiana who was born in Hawaii would have been fine with what was provided first, and not the full detail one. I'll bet that Obama's passport says he was born in the US, and it's based on documentation as well. And when he first got a passport, there was no need for a conspiracy yet, because he was what -- six years old?

Wendy P.

I never knew it was one of three mandatory requirements to be born a natural citizen to be a fireman.

People try to cheat the system all the time.

We should just take their word for it?

If Romney was in a similar situation, you can bet your ass that the opposition to him would be foaming at the mouth trying to disqualify him from running. Then, trying to disqualify him even more if he won.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It turns out that a number of presidential candidates have not been 'natural born US citizens.'

George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson were ALL natural born British subjects - and traitorous subjects at that!

The fact that we would allow fundamentally disloyal people who were not born as US citizens to aspire to the highest office in this fair land is a disgrace!

Somebody should do something.

If Romney was in a similar situation, you can bet your ass that the opposition to him would be foaming at the mouth trying to disqualify him from running. Then, trying to disqualify him even more if he won.

Can you point me to the rabid birther movement regarding McCain or Cruz? I seem to have missed it.

- Dan G