Kennedy

Russians, Gays, and the IOC

chemist

I don't see how this will ever pan out? Doesn't the Olympics have enough power to just say we're not going to host in Russia anymore unless the law don't apply?

One would think so;
South Africa was prohibited from even participating from 1961-1990, due to their apartheid laws.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Remster

Spank bank saved: https://www.google.com/search?q=Green-Tregaro'&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GT4OUpveNuewyQHk3oHYBw&ved=0CJ0BEIke&biw=2133&bih=1061

(yeah yeah yeah.. I know... Respect the athletes for what they do, etc etc, blablabla, yadda yadda yadda) :P

Good stuff...

I've been watching the IAAF World Championships these past couple of weeks during my workouts at the gym. Here are some of my favorites:

Allison Felix

Yasmina Omrani

Darya Klishina

Blanka Vlasic

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

OHCHUTE

They should end the Olympics. With all the pros competing, it's no longer an event just for amateurs. Besides, it's mostly an event to sell products. The Due Tour and Red Bull events are similar venues.

Leave it alone. I like it. If you aren't interested, just don't watch it.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Gravitymaster

***I don't see how this will ever pan out? Doesn't the Olympics have enough power to just say we're not going to host in Russia anymore unless the law don't apply?

So you would also want any Islamic Country such as Saudi Arabia or Iran, banned from ever hosting an Olympic event?

Parts 6 and 7 of the IOC mission statement:

Act against any form of discrimination affecting the Olympic Movement
Encourage and support the promotion of women in sport at all levels and in all structures with a view to implementing the principle of equality of men and women

So, not forever (the middle east could change) but for now, yes.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

chemist

***It's a communist plot to eliminate competition.
:D

... in the ice skating event?
Have you never followed ice skating? Main competitors (esp in pairs) come from Russia, US and Canada. Scores are always really close. Eliminate a team or two, and you have the medal podium locked up!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

jakee

******I don't see how this will ever pan out? Doesn't the Olympics have enough power to just say we're not going to host in Russia anymore unless the law don't apply?

So you would also want any Islamic Country such as Saudi Arabia or Iran, banned from ever hosting an Olympic event?

Parts 6 and 7 of the IOC mission statement:

Act against any form of discrimination affecting the Olympic Movement
Encourage and support the promotion of women in sport at all levels and in all structures with a view to implementing the principle of equality of men and women

So, not forever (the middle east could change) but for now, yes.

Well, for my part, I have decided to boycott any Russian and Middle Eastern businesses. I will miss the Kabobs and the Falafel, but it's the least I can do.

rifleman

Petition to the IOC to strip the Olympics from Sochi (over 165,000 signatures so far)

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/international-olympic-committee-ioc-strip-sochi-of-the-2014-winter-games

That's moronic. It's be nice if people spent less time on signing symbolic petitions and more time actually assisting the community. The chances of halting the Olympics on Sochi are jack and shit.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

masterblaster72

Spank bank saved: https://www.google.com/search?q=Green-Tregaro'&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GT4OUpveNuewyQHk3oHYBw&ved=0CJ0BEIke&biw=2133&bih=1061

(yeah yeah yeah.. I know... Respect the athletes for what they do, etc etc, blablabla, yadda yadda yadda) :P

Good stuff...

I've been watching the IAAF World Championships these past couple of weeks during my workouts at the gym. Here are some of my favorites:

Allison Felix

Yasmina Omrani

Darya Klishina

Blanka Vlasic

Brown chicken brown cow! http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/Podum-Kiss-Between-Two-Russian-Female-Athletes-Spark-Debate-220105411.html
Remster

lawrocket

It's Winter Olympics we're looking for. I myself will be glued to the maximum extent practicable to women's curling.

Mmmm Scotland:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

lawrocket

That's moronic. It's be nice if people spent less time on signing symbolic petitions and more time actually assisting the community. The chances of halting the Olympics on Sochi are jack and shit.

It's hardly that difficult. There are a number of venues with the facilities needed to support the number of events in the Winter Games - most of them hold competitions multiple times per year.

It would be devastating to the Russians who apparently have blown $50B in prep (though they would still get to keep all the visa fees collected to date). Which is the point. The Ruskies need only make a clear declaration that all visitors to the Games will be unmolested and the problem goes away. People will still protest their discrimination (save the French), but the direct reason for pulling the event will be no more.

Frankly, I think the Russians would be better off losing the games at this point - it's going to be exactly like 1936 and Jesse Owens kicking master race ass. Every other athlete in the world, gay or not, is going to be sporting rainbows at the awards ceremonies and all the Russian children are going to turn queer overnight from seeing it. Then reproductive rates will plummet, and in 30 years the Eastern Europeans will invade what's left for a bit of 20th century payback.

Kennedy

Russia and the IOC Agree: Don’t Be Openly Gay at the Olympics

On Monday, the Russian Interior Ministry confirmed what other Russian officials have been saying for weeks: Openly gay people attending the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, including athletes, will be arrested under the country’s draconian new anti-gay law. That law, you might recall, prohibits “homosexual propaganda” and is designed to discourage any kind of support for gay rights or even gay people.

The International Olympic Committee’s response to gay people? We mean it: Stay in the closet.

Olympic Committee threatens to punish athletes who fight for gay Russians

The Sports World to Gay Fans: Don’t Be Gay (For a While)

Apparently wearing a rainbow pin is cause for sanctions against athletes. Analogies for crosses, crucifixes, yarmulkes, and other expressions of belief or pride come to mind.

What nonsense.
Before arguing it is necessary to know.
The law forbids promotion of the nonconventional relations among minors.
Full name of the law: The federal law of the Russian Federation of June 30, 2013 No. 135-FZ "About modification of article 5 of the Federal law "About child protection from information harming their health and development" and separate acts of the Russian Federation for child protection from information propagandizing denial of traditional family values"

Nelyubin

What nonsense.
Before arguing it is necessary to know.
The law forbids promotion of the nonconventional relations among minors.

Bullshit. That's the lie about it all, that this about saving the children from rainbow waving gay athletes and fans.

The photographic evidence of what goes on in Russia is pretty damning stuff.

"for child protection from information propagandizing denial of traditional family values" I hope this sounds less ridiculous in Russian.

And what, exactly, constitutes "propagandizing denial of traditional family values"? It seems having your nails painted in rainbows would count. It seems to same sex partners walking down the street would count. Putin is just out to make gays the new Jews in Russia. Every fascist-totalitarian-dictator-etc needs a boogeyman and scapegoat.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Once again.
Before bearing snowstorm, study the law.
Reading the American laws. It is bad their knowing can draw a conclusion that Americans it is universal perverts.
For example law of the Western Virginia the allowing
to male citizens to copulate with any animals which weight doesn't exceed 18 kg.
You copulate with polecats and gophers?

Do you have a source for that? Last time I checked (about two minutes ago) it was illegal in West Virginia.

West Virginia

State bestiality laws are a part of the Intentional Cruelty statute and considered a first degree felony. Cruelty is defined as a willful infliction of substantial pain, injury or death. Engaging in sexual conduct of any type with farm, domestic or wild animal is illegal. Knowingly aiding or forcing another person to engage in sexual acts with an animals is also covered under the same criminal code. It is also illegal in West Virginia to film, take photos or advertise sexual exploits with animals. In addition to possible incarceration a judge may order counseling, reimbursement to humane society for the care of an injured animal and prohibit future animal ownership.

Note, the state is called West Virginia. If you say western Virginia, someone might think you were talking about the western part if the state of Virginia. Don't worry, I know I've screwed up plenty of foreign names. It happens.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*