toolbox

Today show NBC news "No AR 15 used at sandy hook.

All the intitial reports were that the AR-15 was found nearby, in a car. It seemed clear to me they were saying he didn't use it, but then the gunophobes heard "scary black gun" and figured somewhere within a city block or two is scary enough.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

All the intitial reports were that the AR-15 was found nearby, in a car. It seemed clear to me they were saying he didn't use it, but then the gunophobes heard "scary black gun" and figured somewhere within a city block or two is scary enough.

you can't just leave it in the car unattended - scary guns have been known to hotwire cars and go speeding down sidewalks. just for kicks.

on the plus side - if you leave a gun in the car, it can't whisper crazy stuff to you. only to people walking past the car

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

you can't just leave it in the car unattended - scary guns have been known to hotwire cars and go speeding down sidewalks. just for kicks.

on the plus side - if you leave a gun in the car, it can't whisper crazy stuff to you. only to people walking past the car

I leave my car unlocked with my guns on the seat with the key in the ignition

But I also have this theft protection system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zin26ezvgO0
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

You are correct.The initial reports were that the AR was not found inside the school but rather was found in the car.
Are we to believe that the first responders were so incompetent and unable to make basic observations,that they could not tell if the AR 15 was in the school or in the car?
Like people are saying,why not just release the crime scene photos and the medical examiners report?
Why is this information being undisclosed?
Something smells fishy.

No.

So, are you needing originals now like other posters here sometimes insist on?

I'm needing definitive and factual. Give me a police or coroner's report.

your argument reminds me of when hilary clinton was asked hard questions and she threw a temper tantrum. You can wave your fist all you want. When the real report comes out are you going to aplogize to all the gun owners for jumping the gun and backing this stupid ass legislation proposal?

So, when the real report comes out are you going to apologize to me for your having worn a tinfoil hat?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So, when the real report comes out are you going to apologize to me for your having worn a tinfoil hat?

Is it usual in this forum for the modertors to use personal attacks?

Was that really called for? It seems like there is a real one sided attitude with the moderators up in here.

Happens with one a lot!
Abraham Lincoln

Is it usual in this forum for the modertors to use personal attacks?

Was that really called for? It seems like there is a real one sided attitude with the moderators up in here.

I wouldn't take a response like that personally, that's just how quade posts. Some moderators come off a little more heated than others.

I found a blog online this morning from the TX state police. To clear things up they said they contacted the CN state police and asked them what weapons were used. The reason they were asking was because of all the crap going around

This blog stated (for what it is worth) the the CN state police confirmed the use of an AR15 as the primary weapon

I will let others do there own search

And I post this for what it worth only
Abraham Lincoln

I will apologize to you for whatever makes you happy if there is a report that is revealed that shows the bushmaster was used in the course of the killing spree...furthermore if it was in the car then it wasnt used and subsequently you will owe me an apology.

Fair enough.
quade -

I found a blog online this morning from the TX state police. To clear things up they said they contacted the CN state police and asked them what weapons were used. The reason they were asking was because of all the crap going around

This blog stated (for what it is worth) the the CN state police confirmed the use of an AR15 as the primary weapon

So far it seems the most definitive info we have. Thanks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

So far it seems the most definitive info we have. Thanks.

With all the people that would be involved in an investigation of this type, I would think it nearly impossible to lie about what weapon was really used

But then, 911 was supposedly an inside job[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

Hi rush,

NPR yesterday reported the same thing.

JerryBaumchen

I'd still wait for an official report to be published, but it's not looking good for the tin-foil hat crowd; those people who desperately want there to be a conspiracy.
quade -

I will apologize to you for whatever makes you happy if there is a report that is revealed that shows the bushmaster was used in the course of the killing spree...furthermore if it was in the car then it wasnt used and subsequently you will owe me an apology.

If left in the trunk of the car...who is tasked with firing the Corner for his potential dumb ass statements concerning Long Rifle wounds?:S

How about looking at it from a different angle. Do you think abusing presidential powers by removing constitutional rights is tyranny?

Do you support the ndaa and therefore detaining american citizens without trial or jury?

Do you believe that the u.s. government has been completely lawful in their actions?

What do you think the forefathers were thinking when they drafted second amendment?

>Do you think abusing presidential powers by removing constitutional rights is tyranny?

Yes

>Do you support the ndaa and therefore detaining american citizens without trial or jury?

No

>Do you believe the US government has been completely lawful in their actions?

No

>What do you think the forefathers were thinking when they drafted second amendment?

The right of the people to keep arms to resist a government that has become tyrannical.

Just seen this special report.
It seems Lanza did not use his mothers Bushmaster AR 15 in the school shooting,but instead had left it in the trunk of his mothers car.
The police have known this from the beginning yet this information has just now been released.
The special news report said Lanza had tried to buy a rifle but had to wait 14 days before he could recieve it.
Lanza then according to official reports had stolen his mothers handguns and the rifle after killing her.
The report states that 4 handguns were used in the school and no rifles.

This report clears up some of the things, but I also agree with Quade, let's see a coroner report.

Jan

If left in the trunk of the car...who is tasked with firing the Corner for his potential dumb ass statements concerning Long Rifle wounds?:S

I didn't trust the coroner to start with, as as small town coroner,I wonder how many 'long rifle' gunshot wounds he has seen in person. I wouldn't be surprised if those kids were shot with hollow point 9 and 10mm bullets and his initial reaction was 'my god, this MUST be a long rifle wound'. A gunshot does terrible things to the human body and if you haven't seen (and been taught to identify) several different kinds how the hell would you know? Maybe he's seen some pictures in his training, but pictures and real life are two different things.

I didn't trust the coroner to start with, as as small town coroner,I wonder how many 'long rifle' gunshot wounds he has seen in person. I wouldn't be surprised if those kids were shot with hollow point 9 and 10mm bullets and his initial reaction was 'my god, this MUST be a long rifle wound'.

He wasn't a small town ME. He was the states chief ME.

It doesn't matter to me either way. I know that it could gave been a handgun with a 7 round magazine, or even a 6 shot revolver. You can reload very quickly, and when your shooting targets that don't shoot back, and likely won't try to jump on you, then you have all the time in the world.

A ban on any gun that isn't a single shot bolt action wouldn't have saved those kids, but I will admit it would have lowered the amount of total shots.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I leave my car unlocked with my guns on the seat with the key in the ignition

But I also have this theft protection system

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zin26ezvgO0

Damn You! I haven't laughed like that for ages.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239