toolbox

Today show NBC news "No AR 15 used at sandy hook.

Can anyone actually shed some light on the question that started this topic:

Was there an automatic AR15 style (Bushmaster) rifle used to kill the children in Newtown? Or is the MSNBC commentator correct - quoting that the killings were done with 4 handguns, and not any rifle with 30 round magazine capacity?

www.ctpost.com/newtownshooting/article/State-Police-All-26-Newtown-victims-shot-with-4220548.php

\Lt. J. Paul Vance, the face of an ongoing Connecticut State Police investigation into worst grade-school shooting in U.S. history, Thursday debunked media and Internet reports that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza killed his victims with handguns and not the Bushmaster XM-15 E2S rifle that is now the focus of a proposed federal assault-weapons ban.

All 26 of Lanza's victims were shot with the .223-caliber semi-automatic rifle, said Vance, who bristled at claims to the contrary during an interview with Hearst Connecticut Newspapers.

"It's all these conspiracy theorists that are trying to mucky up the waters," said Vance, the longtime state police spokesman.

Multiple Second Amendment and gun owner websites have attempted to cast doubts on whether the Bushmaster XM-15, a type of AR-15 rifle that is currently legal, was used in the Dec. 14 carnage done by Lanza.

Some have cited a Dec. 15 "Today" show video clip from the day after the shooting, in which NBC News Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams said that four handguns were recovered inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and that the Bushmaster rifle was found in the trunk of a car owned by Lanza's slain mother, Nancy Lanza.

"There's no doubt that the rifle was used solely to kill 26 people in that school," Vance said.

Twenty children ages 7 and under and six female educators were killed when Lanza forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and sprayed the occupants with bullets before turning a gun on himself.

Vance said he made it abundantly clear during his media briefings since the tragedy that Lanza carried out the shooting with the Bushmaster.

"I personally articulated that probably a dozen times in Newtown," Vance said.

The above excerpt, Copyright 2013 ctpost.com, was quoted for fair use, and particularly educational, purposes.

I'll bet ayevee8toryear knows all about thermite though.

LOL, Some people will deny any old conspiracy theory even if they know themselves they are wrong.

As long as the majority agree then they feel safe, is that correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOC1J44RYw

Put it this way: when both turtlespeed and I think you need to be fitted for a foil hat, you need the hat.

Yeah, I know: wake up and smell the coffee. Well, I'm going to bed.

I'll bet ayevee8toryear knows all about thermite though.

LOL, Some people will deny any old conspiracy theory even if they know themselves they are wrong.

As long as the majority agree then they feel safe, is that correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOC1J44RYw

weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/im-telling-you-the-man-and-the-dog-are-working-together.jpg

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

154 round in 5 minutes?

Is this supposed to be extreme?

Think about it

At 3000 feet you got what, 8 seconds to deploy?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

(Just using your post to reply too)

It was reported last week that this nut, had spread sheets of all the mass school schootings he could find reports on.

That same report said his goal was to be the number 1 mass murderer for school shootings

I wonder what laws (currently being debated) would have stopped him?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

154 round in 5 minutes?

Think about it

At 3000 feet you got what, 8 seconds to deploy?

19 seconds, normally, minus a couple close to the ground...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

154 round in 5 minutes?

Rather more than you could achieve with the muzzle loaders the authors of the 2nd Amendment were familiar with. I seriously doubt they envisaged a firearm that could kill 26 people in 5 minutes.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

154 round in 5 minutes?

Rather more than you could achieve with the muzzle loaders the authors of the 2nd Amendment were familiar with. I seriously doubt they envisaged a firearm that could kill 26 people in 5 minutes.

Is this post of yours part of Operation: Abundant Clarity?