skinnay

God Hates Chick-fil-A

God Hates Chick-fil-A?

Actually, I think he just said he didn't care for pickles on a chicken sandwich. You've taken this way too far.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Terms you need to understand to give your rants depth and meaning:

Old Testament
New Testament
Purgatory
Christian

In other words, the "Holy Bible" has been written and rewritten to include/exclude those parts that don't fit with current social beliefs.

Aren't the so called "christians" a big part of the US Constiitutional movement of "original intent", when it comes to the US Constitution?

How about an "originial intent" movement from "true believers" in the bible? You can't just go around re-interpreting the original intent of the authors of the bible, can you?

BBBBZZZZTTTTTT!!!!

Wrong answer.

"christians" are free to pick and choose which parts of what versions of the bible apply to their particular vision/beliefs.

I get it now. Anyone can pick and choose any part that supports their particular version of reality. It must be real nice to have a religious foundation built from nothing of any real substance.

Old Testament
New Testament
Purgatory
Christian

In other words, the "Holy Bible" has been written and rewritten to include/exclude those parts that don't fit with current social beliefs.

Aren't the so called "christians" a big part of the US Constiitutional movement of "original intent", when it comes to the US Constitution?

How about an "originial intent" movement from "true believers" in the bible? You can't just go around re-interpreting the original intent of the authors of the bible, can you?

BBBBZZZZTTTTTT!!!!

Wrong answer.

"christians" are free to pick and choose which parts of what versions of the bible apply to their particular vision/beliefs.

I get it now. Anyone can pick and choose any part that supports their particular version of reality. It must be real nice to have a religious foundation built from nothing of any real substance.

You have an illusion of what you think Christians are and how they are supposed to believe and behave. You are constantly frustrated and angered because we do not conform to your illusion. You need disillusionment.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Old Testament
New Testament
Purgatory
Christian

You forgot "meringue".

halitosis?

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I made it a point to stop at Chik-fil-A this morning for 2 breakfast biscuits. They were much better than the other fast food places around here.

I support the rights of free speech in this country.

I support the rights of free speech too. Say whatever you want, but if it causes you to lose business, then that's your own problem. I support same-sex marriage and am not likely to do business with a company that makes a point to fight against gay rights. But I respect that he feels strongly enough about his sense of values that he will speak openly despite the negative impact it may have on his business. (I doubt it will have a negative impact anyway.)

I can tell you, I was there about 10:30 am and it was very busy. Starbucks was 2 doors up and there was only 1 car in the drive thru. Same with McD and BK.

The egg and cheese biscuits were great.

I couldn't care less if gays want to marry and I support freedom of speech. Boycotts are just another way to stifle free speech. Same tactic the Poverty Pimps like JJ & A.S. use to blackmail companies into giving them money. The Chik-fil-A boycott will fail.

But supporting traditional marriage does not make anyone a bigot

I suspect that depends on the manner in which they show their support

restaurants, but I certainly support the right of individuals to speak out against their bigotry.

I'm not sure how the 'restaurant' is suddenly a bigot. the owner might be if he implements policy based on that opinion, but just having the opinion one way or the other is harmless.

Some of what you are responding to here in not mine but, it was reported that the company has gay's working for the company. Sounds like a very good place to work regardless of your sexual choices
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>But supporting traditional marriage does not make anyone a bigot

Correct. But opposing the right of gays to marry does put one firmly against individual rights.

Nope
I do not agree
Abraham Lincoln

I'm not sure how the 'restaurant' is suddenly a bigot.

Corporations are people now too - remember :S

The funny thing is that Chick-fil-A is the big winner. Bucket loads of free advertising:P

But the OP was in poor taste[:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I can tell you, I was there about 10:30 am and it was very busy. Starbucks was 2 doors up and there was only 1 car in the drive thru. Same with McD and BK.

The egg and cheese biscuits were great.

I couldn't care less if gays want to marry and I support freedom of speech. Boycotts are just another way to stifle free speech. Same tactic the Poverty Pimps like JJ & A.S. use to blackmail companies into giving them money. The Chik-fil-A boycott will fail.

I believe in the short term and long term Chik-fil-A will not be impacted. Not sure what there saturation is up north, but here in the south you find them everywhere. The location on I-45 in Clear Lake Texas is always packed, or the location in Bay Brook Mall across the freeway always has a very long line.

They are a booming business here in the south, and come Wednesday about 15 of us from my company are eating lunch at the Pasadena, Texas location just to show our support.:):)

They are closed on Sunday. The walls proclaim why they are closed on Sunday and that they are on the relgious conservative side. If you had a problem with that, you were already avoiding the place. I would be amazed if this did anything but increase their business. He might have even intended that. Brilliant plan if he did.

I don't care if you marry someone your sex, opposite sex, several people or nobody at all. I don't see where the government should be involved at all, though.

To paraphrase Jefferson's views on religion: Whether my neighbor marries one person, twenty people, or none at all, it does not cost me money or break my leg.

>Nope I do not agree

You don't have to. Opposing individual rights means that one opposes individual rights, no matter what kind of spin you put on it.

And I dont worry about your spin either
Abraham Lincoln

And I'm not worried about your worrying about whether my worry worries you in a worried world.

The sexual tension is killing me. Can't you two just get a room?

In celebration of the right of free speech without oppression from the government, I decided to buy all of my employees lunch at Chik-fil-A today. It was really good and some of them said they have never eaten there before but now they have become Chik-fil-A fans.

Good for you. I'm sure that poor, oppressed Chick-fil-A dude appreciates your business.

I wonder how many other fast-food chains will join in when they realize what great advertising this has turned out to be. I mean, they'll probably lose a few customers, but they'll probably gain even more who flock to eat fast food to show support for free speech, traditional marriage, and the love of God. :D

I went too.
Most crowded I've ever seen ANY fast food joint...not that I frequent them by any means.
Service was amazing considering the crowd. Everyone was very friendly, LOTS of families and kids, handful of MILFs even.
Tasty food.
No wafers, wine, or attempts at conversion.
No gay dudes hit on me.

Normal lunch I suppose.
:D

No wafers, wine, or attempts at conversion.

Well, you obviously didn't look around much. Next time you go, crack open one of the little pamphlets they give to kids in their meals.

I'll admit, it's not too overt, but it's almost always a Bible or morality story of some sort based on something like Noah's ark or other nonsense.

Additionally, on the walls of ALL Chick-Fil-A stores are going to be plaques and photos explaining their "Christian" business model and why you can't get Jesus Chicken on a Sunday.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver