skinnay

God Hates Chick-fil-A

I'm struck by the contrast between this protest and the Occupy xxx.

No violence, no rapes, no drug use, no destruction of property etc.

And the national media largely ignored it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Is there a point to this statement?

Ignoring the fact that they were two completely different things, aiming to achieve two completely different goals. I'll be the first to say that the 'Occupy' movement was filled with a LOT of morons who didn't even have a goal other than sit around like a hippie and act as though they were fighting for a cause. Half of them said they were fighting for something different than the other.

Your reply is on a completely different tangent.

Not every 'liberal' that supports liberation of people's sexuality is pro Occupy. Meanwhile every Christian that dedicates time to speaking out against gay marriage is contradicting the god they claim to follow, and usually contradicting themselves over which book of the bible should be followed.

You have blinded yourselves and understand nothing of significance.

I understand a lot of things of significance. I understand what the difference between parsley and hemlock is, I understand why I shouldn't drink drain cleaner and I understand why I shouldn't put my dick in a food processor. And the list of significant things I understand goes on and on so your statement is clearly wrong, but please enlighten me of the things of significant you understand and I do not.

I understand a lot of things of significance. I understand what the difference between parsley and hemlock is, I understand why I shouldn't drink drain cleaner and I understand why I shouldn't put my dick in a food processor. And the list of significant things I understand goes on and on so your statement is clearly wrong, but please enlighten me of the things of significant you understand and I do not.

See, that's your problem... you can't even discern the context of a few simple posts in SC let alone the totality of scripture and all its historical, cultural and circumstantial context.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Is there a point to this statement?

Ignoring the fact that they were two completely different things, aiming to achieve two completely different goals. I'll be the first to say that the 'Occupy' movement was filled with a LOT of morons who didn't even have a goal other than sit around like a hippie and act as though they were fighting for a cause. Half of them said they were fighting for something different than the other.

Your reply is on a completely different tangent.

Not every 'liberal' that supports liberation of people's sexuality is pro Occupy. Meanwhile every Christian that dedicates time to speaking out against gay marriage is contradicting the god they claim to follow, and usually contradicting themselves over which book of the bible should be followed.

That's like claiming that the relative calm nature of an American Football game doesn't compare to the violent nature of European Soccer games. Sure they are different games but they are still people gathering for a sporting event.

That's like claiming that the relative calm nature of an American Football game doesn't compare to the violent nature of European Soccer games. Sure they are different games but they are still people gathering for a sporting event.

except that one lasted for as long as it took to get served a chicken like sandwich, and the other lasted for several months (and still limps on). I doubt Occupy saw any rapes on the first afternoon of its existence. And if we add in Rush's insistence that this event was not well covered, how would we even know if anything happened on Wednesday?

I think it has more to do with the issue and attitude than the length of the event.

If you insist on playing this silly game....a lot of hours long protests in the south turned into lynchings not too long ago. And in longer running anti abortion protests, these same sort of people (orthodox Christians) resorted to bombings and assassinations...

I think it has more to do with the issue and attitude than the length of the event.

If you insist on playing this silly game....a lot of hours long protests in the south turned into lynchings not too long ago. And in longer running anti abortion protests, these same sort of people (orthodox Christians) resorted to bombings and assassinations...

Bullshit. The emotionality of the event and the attitude of the protestor is by far a greater determination of the probability of violence. How quickly does a KKK march erupt into violence or the Occupy movement when they were protesting the G20 meetings?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/01/g20-summit-protests

or Greece protests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15326561

or the IMF/World Bank protests.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/25/AR2009042501336.html

Pretty much the same left wing communist maggots.

The issue of greatest significance is eternity and your part in it.

So, is that what you're afraid of; coming to the realization this is all there is and we're all really nothing more than insignificant specks of dust?

Yeah, I can see where that might be unsettling, but unfortunately, the truth sometimes is.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

So, is that what you're afraid of; coming to the realization this is all there is and we're all really nothing more than insignificant specks of dust?

He didn't say anything about that... sounds to me like you're projecting what your're afraid of..."eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die!"

There is more hope in Christ than you could ever imagine.

"I dunno. I can imagine quite a bit." -- Han Solo

Point is though, that's all it appears to be; hope, unsupported by any reality.
quade -

...and what reality is that?

I'll settle for objective reality. The one that exists whether you personally believe it or not.
quade -

I'll settle for objective reality. The one that exists whether you personally believe it or not.

Oh...another know-it-all.

Ironic you should claim that, yet as if you know better..

Well I do...

Ok, maybe not ironic, maybe hypocritical is a better word.

we're all hypocrites at one point or another...I'm just sorry you only base your life solely on that which is tangible...and I'm sure you've lived a pretty " good life."

Knowing what my part in eternity is (what does that even mean?) is for the most part an academic issue. It offers me a perspective of how insignificant I am, but it has not really any practical applications.

Knowing what my part in eternity is (what does that even mean?) is for the most part an academic issue. It offers me a perspective of how insignificant I am, but it has not really any practical applications.

Quite the contrary, you are immensely significant. Your existence has impacted and will always be a part of eternal events. God has given us the ability to create our own spiritual reality. We can either create one that seems right to us or we can accept the best which God has already put in place.

Quite the contrary, you are immensely significant. Your existence has impacted and will always be a part of eternal events. God has given us the ability to create our own spiritual reality. We can either create one that seems right to us or we can accept the best which God has already put in place.

Well stated, thanks.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

My existence will end in a couple of decades. In a way I'll still exist after I'm dead. I'm my body and my body won't disappear. It'll disintegrate one way or another but the atoms will continue to exist right until the universe is torn asunder in the Big Rip. (Anyone has a date for that, btw?) But I don't think that'll be of much use to me. I can masturbate my ego by claiming I am in fact the universe that's trying to figure itself out, and in a way I would be right about that, but that doesn't change the fact that probably no one will know I've ever existed by the time it's 2200.

"We are but shadows and dust."
To return to the earth in the end and feed the next, nothing after, of us, but a new sprout fed by the shit of a worm.

Hate can't come from nothing. Hate is a man, bigoted and justifying his bigotry with a false justification, based on a book of writings from third parties compiled by a committee in an effort to control a failing empire.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!