skinnay

God Hates Chick-fil-A

>I'll admit, it's not too overt, but it's almost always a Bible or morality story of some
>sort based on something like Noah's ark or other nonsense.

True. And McDonald's does something similar - their kid's coloring pads have Ronald McDonald apprehending the Hamburgler for his evil deeds or some other morality nonsense.

>I'll admit, it's not too overt, but it's almost always a Bible or morality story of some

True. And McDonald's does something similar - their kid's coloring pads have Ronald McDonald apprehending the Hamburgler for his evil deeds or some other morality nonsense.

for that matter - some fast food places even post GASP - nutritional information in PLAIN SIGHT

damn these restaurants for forcing their morality on us!! damn them! damn them all to hell!

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The difference being, the McDonald one aren't going to cite chapter and verse of the criminal code.

Speaking of which, I think In-N-Out does a much better job of just being subtle. Enough for their clients who are "in the know" to be able to recognize it, but not so overt as to slap vagina fish all over their products.

They've figured it out. They're mostly there to serve the public at large and not just be Jesus burger.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Jesus burger.

is that like a 'bacon cheese burger'? you know, a regular burger, just with messiah as an added toping....

or is it more like an "Angus", or an "all beef "burger? pretty much pure messiah with just a small percentage of pork fat stirred in.....

either way, still best served with cracked peppercorns cooked into the messiah, maybe with a more subtle BarBQ sauce

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, I clearly did not.
I went there for lunch, not a message.

I generally couldn't care less what a business owner thinks or believes. I just want a service or a product.
If I wanted any of that other crap, I'd go to fucking church.
Well, not really, but I'm sure you get the point.

In celebration of the right of free speech without oppression from the government, I decided to buy all of my employees lunch at Chik-fil-A today. It was really good and some of them said they have never eaten there before but now they have become Chik-fil-A fans.

Good for you. I'm sure that poor, oppressed Chick-fil-A dude appreciates your business.

I wonder how many other fast-food chains will join in when they realize what great advertising this has turned out to be. I mean, they'll probably lose a few customers, but they'll probably gain even more who flock to eat fast food to show support for free speech, traditional marriage, and the love of God. :D

Yup, there was an elderly lady in front of us. She mentioned that this was the first time she had ever been into Chik-fil-A. The manager gave her meal to her free and thanked her for coming in. That's customer service!!!

No, I clearly did not.

Based on the fact you went there today, I gotta call bullshit on that one. You absolutely went there for more than just lunch.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No, I clearly did not.

Based on the fact you went there today, I gotta call bullshit on that one. You absolutely went there for more than just lunch.

so are you saying that the government should force all businesses to follow an approved decor? that individual businesses should not be allowed to choose what they put on the wall?, or place in their happy meals for the customers to either read, ignore, or have a large protest and burn in the street?

(I know your answer is no. but what do you suggest is needed so you aren't offended or mildly perturbed?)

Edit: for me, still not going to ChikFilA. I still don't like the sandwich and I don't choose food to support or deny political/social commentary

kinda -

I didn't go to a LOT of places for lunch today - but I didn't grumble about the decor or the socially insidious toys or tray liner content of those places

well, I did about one place, but seriously, a big plastic moon playing piano? that's creepy

I don't choose food to support or deny political/social commentary

While many are going there to "support free speech," I think the boycott has less to do with speech and more to do with the company's actions. The company has (allegedly) donated millions of dollars to anti-gay groups, so it seems logical enough that some people might not want to spend their money there. (I say "allegedly" because I have not checked into this myself - just what I've read. I eat at Chick-fil-A so rarely that my money isn't really supporting their charity anyway.)

Two Wendy's stores in at town in NC put the following on their signs

Please go to Chick-fil-a day

Local news reporting that the stores are overrun with people who are against getting rid of Christians in their towns
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The difference being, the McDonald one aren't going to cite chapter and verse of the criminal code.

Speaking of which, I think In-N-Out does a much better job of just being subtle. Enough for their clients who are "in the know" to be able to recognize it, but not so overt as to slap vagina fish all over their products.

They've figured it out. They're mostly there to serve the public at large and not just be Jesus burger.

I guess that think like you do not have to go

But it is wrong for a government to try and keep a store out or get rid of one because of their beliefs

But to the left, what is believed is more important and the right to freely practice a religion or free speech
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/aug/1/picket-chicago-gop-file-human-rights-complaint-aga/

PICKET: Chicago GOP to file complaint against Rahm Emanuel over Chick fil A flap

By Kerry Picket - The Washington Times

August 1, 2012, 12:26PM

The Chicago Republican Party announced last week it would file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Human Rights and Attorney General Lisa Madigan over the discriminatory action by Alderman Proco (Joe) Moreno against the food chain Chick-fil-A.

The party is now expanding their complaint to cover Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel as well. According to a press release, the Chicago Republican Party says that "the complaint states that the Alderman and the Mayor have broken civil rights laws pertaining to religious freedom and the First Amendment in denying Chick fil A a permit to operate its business in the City of Chicago."

Following Chick fil A's CEO Dan Cathy's support of traditional marriage, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and San Francisco liberal politicians spoke out against the food chain and threatened to block Chick fil A from opening any business or further businesses in their cities.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said that Chick fil A's values were not "Chicago values."

WBEZ reported last week that Chicago's Moreno now wants Chick fil A to put into writing that it “won’t support any groups with a political agenda, including those with an anti-gay marriage stance” before he’ll consider allowing zoning rights to a Chick fil A restaurant in his ward.

"If they’re serious about that, and they’re willing to put that in writing and they’re willing to adopt that. I think those are the grounds where we can move forward," Moreno said.

"Chick-fil-A may have a pretty good case under the First Amendment if the city uses their religious or political beliefs as a basis for denying a business license or ability to do business in the city. That is the kind of thing that happens in fascist states," said Hans von Spakovsky, a Heritage Foundation senior legal fellow and former Justice Department attorney to the assistant attorney general for civil rights,

Local news reporting that the stores are overrun with people who are against getting rid of Christians in their towns

That right there is why I would never support Chick-Fil-A day. Most people in support are not supporting free speech, they're supporting Christian ideology, specifically Christian bigotry.

If this were just about free speech, we'd see the same people 'supporting' the Ground Zero Mosque, the KKK's right to march, and the ACLU. People supporting Chick-Fil-A day don't give two shits about free speech, it all about anti-gay bigotry.

- Dan G

That right there is why I would never support Chick-Fil-A day. Most people in support are not supporting free speech, they're supporting Christian ideology, specifically Christian bigotry.

If this were just about free speech, we'd see the same people 'supporting' the Ground Zero Mosque, the KKK's right to march, and the ACLU. People supporting Chick-Fil-A day don't give two shits about free speech, it all about anti-gay bigotry.

So here it appears that you support the biggotry against christians

And this makes you better how?
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/aug/1/picket-chicago-gop-file-human-rights-complaint-aga/

PICKET: Chicago GOP to file complaint against Rahm Emanuel over Chick fil A flap

By Kerry Picket - The Washington Times

August 1, 2012, 12:26PM

The Chicago Republican Party announced last week it would file a complaint with the Illinois Department of Human Rights and Attorney General Lisa Madigan over the discriminatory action by Alderman Proco (Joe) Moreno against the food chain Chick-fil-A.

The party is now expanding their complaint to cover Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel as well. According to a press release, the Chicago Republican Party says that "the complaint states that the Alderman and the Mayor have broken civil rights laws pertaining to religious freedom and the First Amendment in denying Chick fil A a permit to operate its business in the City of Chicago."

Following Chick fil A's CEO Dan Cathy's support of traditional marriage, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and San Francisco liberal politicians spoke out against the food chain and threatened to block Chick fil A from opening any business or further businesses in their cities.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said that Chick fil A's values were not "Chicago values."

WBEZ reported last week that Chicago's Moreno now wants Chick fil A to put into writing that it “won’t support any groups with a political agenda, including those with an anti-gay marriage stance” before he’ll consider allowing zoning rights to a Chick fil A restaurant in his ward.

"If they’re serious about that, and they’re willing to put that in writing and they’re willing to adopt that. I think those are the grounds where we can move forward," Moreno said.

"Chick-fil-A may have a pretty good case under the First Amendment if the city uses their religious or political beliefs as a basis for denying a business license or ability to do business in the city. That is the kind of thing that happens in fascist states," said Hans von Spakovsky, a Heritage Foundation senior legal fellow and former Justice Department attorney to the assistant attorney general for civil rights,

The GOP needs to go after the NYC council woman too
Abraham Lincoln

I don't support bigotry against Christians. However I don't think that people who support bigotry against gays and use the Bible as an excuse are really Christians.

I support traditional marriage being between and man and a woman

I also do not care what people do in the privacy of their homes or who they chose to live with

I also support laws that would allow same sex partners to have the legal benifits any two partners would have

I do not hate or spew hatred toward gays. And if they were being harrased in public there is strong possiblilty I would help them if I could

I do not see why those like you want to be so biggoted against those who's beliefs support traditional marriage.
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.google.com/#q=chick+fil+a&hl=en&safe=active&tbm=nws&prmd=imvnsu&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:h&sa=X&ei=uIUZUNH3Ocv0iwK204DwCQ&ved=0CGMQpwUoAQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=2b23565b71893d93&biw=1680&bih=885

Seems the people love it

Link is google news search for just the last hour
Abraham Lincoln

quite the opposite speech compared to the old "I disagree with what you state, but I'll die defending the right to say it"

seriously how, can you state for a fact that there is not a significant percentage of those people that might just actually fit that list you made?

or are you just making an assumption based on your own bias'? Or is your support of an ideal not pure, but just a projection of how you 'feel' about others marching in any specific parade?

Instead of reading minds and reflecting your reaction on what you think others are doing, why not just look at your own take on this and decide if there's a concern for free speech in there or not.

I really don't understand the hang-up around the word, "marriage," but I appreciate your support of legal benefits for all couples.

It would be nice if there were no legal recognition of any marriage, this wouldn't be an issue then.

- Dan G

It would be nice if there were no legal recognition of any marriage, this wouldn't be an issue then.

yes, it's a nation of individuals, not couples, not the collective