skinnay

God Hates Chick-fil-A

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said that Chick fil A's values were not "Chicago values."

Five days ago Rahm Emmanuel met w/ Louis Farrakhan, who advocates death for homosexuals. I guess those are Chicago values? He's also a notorious anti-semite.

Anyway, here it is, from a speech in Oakland:

"God is no respecter of persons - Your mother is not above the
>law. Your brother, your sister, your friend - nobody is above God's
>law...
>
> "Do you know why [in bibilical times] they [stoned you to
>death] for adultery? Because there is nothing more sacred than
>marriage and family. Nothing...[applause]. And everytime you stone
>[an adulterer] you are killing the thought in your own mind...You make
>an example [by stoning someone] because the individual is not more
>important than the community [or the] nation. So you sacrifice the
>individual for the preservation of a nation.
>
> "Now brothers, in the Holy world you can't switch. [Farrakhan
>walks across the stage like an effeminate man]. No, no, no.. in the
>Holy world you better hide that stuff 'cause see if God made you for a
>woman, you can't go with man...You know what the penalty is for that
>in the Holy land? Death...They don't play with that [he laughs].
>Sister get to going with another sister - Both women [are
>decapitated]."
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I suppose I was influenced by an e-mail I received from a far, far, right wing co-worker about Chick-Fil-A Day. The e-mail had nothing to do with free speech, but was all about how the homos are destroying our country and we need to fight back.

I really do think the majority of people supporting Chick-Fil-A are doing it because they don't like gay marriage, but you're totally right that I don't have any way to back up that feeling.

Either way, I don't support Chick-Fil-A because I don't support their agenda, but I certainly do support their right to say what they want. I'm not going to give them any money however.

- Dan G

I went too.
Most crowded I've ever seen ANY fast food joint...not that I frequent them by any means.
Service was amazing considering the crowd. Everyone was very friendly, LOTS of families and kids, handful of MILFs even.

:D

Is it ironic is you go to Chick-Fil-A on family values day and pick up a milf and end up banging her like a screen door in a hurricane?
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I suppose I was influenced by an e-mail I received from a far, far, right wing co-worker about Chick-Fil-A Day. The e-mail had nothing to do with free speech, but was all about how the homos are destroying our country and we need to fight back.

I really do think the majority of people supporting Chick-Fil-A are doing it because they don't like gay marriage, but you're totally right that I don't have any way to back up that feeling.

Either way, I don't support Chick-Fil-A because I don't support their agenda, but I certainly do support their right to say what they want. I'm not going to give them any money however.

I think and feel that this has less to do with gay marriage than it does with government sticking its nose in where it does not belong or is needed

Chick-fil-a has stated they have gays working in the company and supports them. This company has not discriminated against them, the owner just supports traditional marriage

This was made political by Dead Fish (the mayor of Chicago)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think that's just fine

I'm not giving them money, but that's just because I don't like the food. I don't have anything for or against their social position since I don't think government should be in the role of recognizing any partnership arrangement, traditional or otherwise.

I'm not even sure they have an "agenda", their CEO made a comment one time.

And there's always 'far far far' extreme wingnuts - I doubt most people want lumped in with your co-worker any more than we'd want to be lumped in with a far far left wingnut.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I went too.
Most crowded I've ever seen ANY fast food joint...not that I frequent them by any means.
Service was amazing considering the crowd. Everyone was very friendly, LOTS of families and kids, handful of MILFs even.

:D

Is it ironic is you go to Chick-Fil-A on family values day and pick up a milf and end up banging her like a screen door in a hurricane?

best post of the thread

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Only in the US would one use a fast food restaurant to fight homos.

Stop being homo or I will eat at Chick-Fil-A!!!

Only in the US would one use a fast food restaurant to fight homos.

Stop being homo or I will eat at Chick-Fil-A!!!

when the real method to win by attrition would be to feed the others the fast food and let them die off faster

(though the real fight is still against government overstepping bounds, the extreme wackos trying to hijack the cause notwithstanding)

Well I didn't.

did so -

(lots of mind readers around now - it's that social evolution we hear about)

Some info from GLAAD (plus a link where you can donate the price of a Chick-fil-A meal to them ;) :

For the past several weeks, the media has been focused on the firestorm over comments made by Chick-fil-A President and COO Dan Cathy. But many media reports have not asked some critical questions, and have presented incomplete or incorrect stories to audiences. The following FAQ should be used by journalists to get key background on the story before covering it.

Is this all about marriage?

No. Chick-fil-A's anti-LGBT stance goes well beyond simply opposing marriage equality. They have given millions of dollars to anti-LGBT organizations, including those that have been designated "hate groups" by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and those that push so-called "ex-gay" therapy, which has been denounced by the mainstream medical and mental health community. They have supported organizations that are on record saying that being gay should be recriminalized in America. Chick-fil-A also bans gay couples from its "WinShape Retreats" aimed at growing leadership within the company.

Thanks to Equality Matters, anyone can see the full extent of Chick-Fil-A's funding of anti-gay organizations; here's 2010 (almost two million dollars) here's 2009 (almost two million dollars again) and here's 2003-2008. (more than one million dollars)

What did Chick-fil-A President and COO Dan Cathy say?

Dan Cathy said that our pro-LGBT culture suffers from a "deprived mind," that marriage equality is "twisted up," and that making marriage equality legal is "inviting God's judgement."

Do people participating in "Chick-fil-A day" on Wednesday know the extent of the company's anti-LGBT stance?

It's likely many do not. Many Americans who do not support full marriage equality would still disagree with the company's support of programs that try to "convert" gay people into straight people, or the idea that a community that values its LGBT members has a "deprived mind" and is "inviting God's wrath."

There were links within this quote, which I didn't copy, but they are on the original page:

http://www.glaad.org/releases/glaad-releases-facts-and-resources-media-covering-chick-fil-a

Well I didn't.

Bullshit.

Unless you're telling me you've never been to Chick-Fil-A in your entire life, knew nothing of the controversy and only went out of random happenstance, you absolutely went today for more than just the sandwich.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Chik-fil-A's agenda is to serve half-decent, hot food quickly at a certain price point.

Chik-fil-A's agenda is to serve half-decent, hot food quickly at a certain price point.

And then take a chunk of the proceeds and funnel it toward denying other people's human rights.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-group-donations-_n_1644609.html
quade -

Reading the various stories on this today, it seems the majority of people who are going to "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" have no freakin' clue why the LGBT community is boycotting the company.

Sheep come to mind . . . :S

Sounds like the LBGT attempts to impose their values on American free speech by economic strangulation backfired. Looks like they will need to re-think their strategy next time. CFA's food is unhealthy for the most part and I wouldn't eat there regardless of the owners beliefs.

Sounds like the LBGT attempts to impose their values on American free speech . . .

No one was trying to prevent free speech. But many of the people who stood in line for fast food chicken today thought they were doing so to protect free speech. A little research will show that the LGBT community is more concerned with the company's actions (donating money to anti-gay groups). I think most people feel that the dude can say whatever he wants, and consumers can take their business wherever they want.

Sounds like the LBGT attempts to impose their values on American free speech . . .

No one was trying to prevent free speech. But many of the people who stood in line for fast food chicken today thought they were doing so to protect free speech. A little research will show that the LGBT community is more concerned with the company's actions (donating money to anti-gay groups). I think most people feel that the dude can say whatever he wants, and consumers can take their business wherever they want.

Reverend Wright opposses gay marriage. Does that mean Obama contributes to an organization that hates gays?

and it wasn't the LBGT that was trying to prevent free speech. It was just a couple of mayors, really.

>Sounds like the LBGT attempts to impose their values on American free speech by
>economic strangulation backfired.

And from the small turnout it looks like the anti-gay faction's attempts to impose their will on the American people by eating junk food is working about as well . . . .

>Sounds like the LBGT attempts to impose their values on American free speech by
>economic strangulation backfired.

And from the small turnout it looks like the anti-gay faction's attempts to impose their will on the American people by eating junk food is working about as well . . . .

Small turn-out?? Are you freakin kidding? I went by CfA while running some errands this evening and the parking lot was overflowing into Starbucks and McD's. The drive thru had at least a dozen cars in line. People were standing around the parking lot socializing. I was thinking about stopping and picking up something to go for dinner but didn't want to sit in line.

Reverend Wright opposses gay marriage. Does that mean Obama contributes to an organization that hates gays?

Opposing gay marriage does not necessarily mean that one hates gays.

But if Obama is contributing money to Wright's organization, and if Wright is fighting against gay rights, then I would say that Obama is contributing to an anti-gay organization. (I don't actually know whether Obama is contributing to Wright or not; is he?)

Small turn-out?? Are you freakin kidding? I went by CfA while running some errands this evening and the parking lot was overflowing into Starbucks and McD's. The drive thru had at least a dozen cars in line. People were standing around the parking lot socializing. I was thinking about stopping and picking up something to go for dinner but didn't want to sit in line.

I'm guessing the turn out varied by location. Bill probably passed a Chick-Fil-A in San Diego. My guess is there probably wasn't as much support there as in your city.

BTW, "Chick-Fil-A", doesn't that sound at least a little bit like a lesbian having fun with a dildo? ;)
quade -

In my town, there were hundreds of people waiting in line for hours at Chick-fil-A today. Quotes in the news about being there to support free speech. My guess is that most of them didn't make it past Huckabee's facebook page in researching the subject.

Of course, this town was plastered with "Yes on 8!" posters a few years ago, so I doubt that "free speech" was really the reason that most of them were there anyway.