piisfish

massive shooting at Batman projection...

I support the SAME standard for identification for exercising rights granted in the Constitution. You can remove the right for ID to buy a gun, or require ID to vote and I would be fine with either (Personally, I think showing an ID for both is fine and a good idea).

Great, so one should show ID before using the right to free speech as well?

I support the SAME standard for identification for exercising rights granted in the Constitution. You can remove the right for ID to buy a gun, or require ID to vote and I would be fine with either (Personally, I think showing an ID for both is fine and a good idea).

I hope not, but that's what big left wing labor unions want - if you don't, how do we know who's house to burn or who's kids to intimidate?

it's kind of weird that all these issues have analogous reversals (no it's not, it's pretty predictable)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If you think you should have to show ID to buy a gun or show ID to vote, why would showing an ID to say start a newspaper, or showing an ID to a cop when you are on the corner publicly speaking be such a crazy idea?

If you think you should have to show ID to buy a gun or show ID to vote, why would showing an ID to say start a newspaper, or showing an ID to a cop when you are on the corner publicly speaking be such a crazy idea?

If you start a business (newspaper) you will verify your identity. You do not need to verify your identity (or citizenship) to exercise free speech here unless you charge a fee for someone to listen to you. You do need to be identified as a citizen (so far) to vote. We have decided (through regulation by the BATF) that you do need to verify your ID to legally purchase a firearm.

Because things simply aren't black and white

The simple fact is you either uphold rights, or you select which ones you like... Thus not really supporting rights at all. The US Constitution was put into place to protect the rights you don't like, not the ones you do like.

The simple fact is you either uphold rights, or you select which ones you like...

Right, but I don't see requesting ID to purchase a firearm as not upholding a right.

I reject the idea that all rights granted in the US Constitution have identical impacts with identical practical applications. Hence, I think your "ID for all or ID for none" stance is inane.

The simple fact is you either uphold rights, or you select which ones you like...

Right, but I don't see requesting ID to purchase a firearm as not upholding a right.

I reject the idea that all rights granted in the US Constitution have identical impacts with identical practical applications. Hence, I think your "ID for all or ID for none" stance is inane.

Alright

Then who picks?

Who decides which are limited and why?

What are the limits of these limits?

If and ID is ok for one right, then it is ok for another

Anything else is just plain dishonesty
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Alright

Then who picks?

Who decides which are limited and why?

SCOTUS. That does happen to be their role. Surprised you didn't know that.

That answer is the chickens way out

What do you think?

Who should decide?

I konw the SCOTUS is the final arbitor

But someone files the case
Abraham Lincoln

What do you think?

Who should decide?

Filing a case is not the same as picking or deciding. (never mind that you don't file a case with SCOTUS.

And I do think SCOTUS should decide. That is their job.

What do you think?

Who should decide?

Filing a case is not the same as picking or deciding. (never mind that you don't file a case with SCOTUS.

And I do think SCOTUS should decide. That is their job.

Hmm

I wonder where I said a case is filed with the SCOTUS? Can you show me where I said that?

And those filing the cases are setting up the debate

And, as I REALLY said, the SCOTUS is the final arbitor of the case
Abraham Lincoln

I though you said on the SCOTUS can decide? What makes your opinion correct and mine wrong?

See, I have an EVEN application, you have an UNEVEN application based only on your personal desires and fears. One is even, one is based on emotions.

As if you don't fear the goberment taking away all yer guns?

It has happened in the other parts of the world and it has happened in the US already at least once.

So if it has been done, it can be done again.

You may not like the 2nd, but the SC has ruled it as an individual RIGHT.

And this whole thing could have been over and done with over two years ago when the defense offered to plead guilty if the death penalty was off the table.

But due to prosecutors wanting to build political capital on the case, this thing has dragged out and cost CO taxpayers huge amounts of money, and will continue to cost them through the appeals process.

And BTW only one execution has occurred in CO since 1977.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.