jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

...A 2001 study conducted by two University of North Carolina professors, who analyzed cases over four years in the 1990s, found the odds of receiving a death sentence in North Carolina increased 3.5 times in cases in which the victim was white. In addition, the study found, black defendants were twice as likely to receive death sentences in instances of identical crimes.

Nearly half of the defendants North Carolina has sentenced to death since 1977 are black, although the state has had an African-American population of roughly 22 percent over the past three decades. This figure, collected by the N.C. Department of Correction, does not include defendants sentenced to death and later exonerated for wrongful convictions--the last three of whom were all African-American...

No. Your Question is now answered. What percentage of White folks do you think are Racist?

I really have no idea and I really have no idea how many black people are racist. I was just pointing out that you cannot tell by the color of ones skin if they are racist or not. And in a poll like the one you posted you can have as many racist respondents on one side as the other.

I don't know why I let you suck me into this stupid game you are playing...(well it is kinda fun) but will really make no difference in the long run. No one will have their minds changed by anything we say here.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

No. Your Question is now answered. What percentage of White folks do you think are Racist?

I really have no idea and I really have no idea how many black people are racist. I was just pointing out that you cannot tell by the color of ones skin if they are racist or not. And in a poll like the one you posted you can have as many racist respondents on one side as the other.

I don't know why I let you suck me into this stupid game you are playing...(well it is kinda fun) but will really make no difference in the long run. No one will have their minds changed by anything we say here.

A few will think a little. However the more light is thrown onto the usual suspects dark little political corner the better.

I think that alot of people in these polls you talk of,feel that using a weapon to defend yourself against an unarmed attacker is wrong because it is unfair.
But is it fair for a much larger,faster,stronger,younger person to beat someone into a coma simply because they do not use a weapon other than fist and feet.
These polls are simply opinions and not evidence to be used in a court of law.

A few will think a little. However the more light is thrown onto the usual suspects dark little political corner the better.

Well damn I find myself agreeing with you. Let's shine a light into all the racist corners call a spade a spade as it were.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

...A new poll shows that almost 60% of those in South Carolina familiar with the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case, think Zimmerman acted irresponsibly and should be held accountable for Martin’s death...

Argumentum ad populum, again.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

...A 2001 study conducted by two University of North Carolina professors, who analyzed cases over four years in the 1990s, found the odds of receiving a death sentence in North Carolina increased 3.5 times in cases in which the victim was white. In addition, the study found, black defendants were twice as likely to receive death sentences in instances of identical crimes.

Nearly half of the defendants North Carolina has sentenced to death since 1977 are black, although the state has had an African-American population of roughly 22 percent over the past three decades. This figure, collected by the N.C. Department of Correction, does not include defendants sentenced to death and later exonerated for wrongful convictions--the last three of whom were all African-American...

Well my first thought is, if they committed the crime, they deserve the punishment. Don't have to like it, but...he had it coming as the musical would say.

Just maybe the primary issue is the "Man in the Mirror", something to consider don't you think?

No, the Primary Issue is your acceptance of Institutional Racism. Are you happy that many White defendants got away with their crimes?

I find comfort that the justice system works for the blackman and whiteman alike.

> "Are you happy that many White defendants got away with their crimes"

Your assumption is not evidence.

Recently we been seeing more and more Black Cime on the news, of black mobs stomping/beating citizens and robbing them of their belongings, storming Walgreens and causing a great deal of damage, or beating a man near to death on his front porch.

These acts do not help your cause if you have one, and they damn sure don't help the black community.

Frankly, I myself am tired of all the whining.

No, the Primary Issue is your acceptance of Institutional Racism. Are you happy that many White defendants got away with their crimes?

I find comfort that the justice system works for the blackman and whiteman alike.

Except it's been proved it Doesn't. Due to that Institutional Racism you can't see.

Recently we been seeing more and more Black Cime on the news, of black mobs stomping/beating citizens and robbing them of their belongings, storming Walgreens and causing a great deal of damage, or beating a man near to death on his front porch.

These acts do not help your cause if you have one, and they damn sure don't help the black community.

Frankly, I myself am tired of all the whining.

Like you whining about what's on the news? Just change the channel man.

Whites were found guilty just not enough to be sentenced to death for identical crimes. Why would that be?

And why is it a hate crime for a group of whites to kill a black girl, but it is not a hate crime for a group of blacks to kill a white girl.?

So, the white group got more harsh punishment than did the blacks

Is a white girls life worth less than a black girls life?

If you say yes, I will introduce you to the father of the white girl
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Except it's been proved it Doesn't. Due to that Institutional Racism you can't see.

Well, I guess our primary problem is your blinded by my truth and I'm blinding by your truth, or is that the other way around.

Just curious, are blacks capable of being Racist? I'm thinking so, but of course I do have a eye problem as you pointed out.

We don't actually have any evidence yet. What is admissible as evidence has yet to be determined.

John, John, John. You seem to be depending on "admissible evidence" a lot.

Yep, because admissible evidence is what a jury will hear (if the case goes to trial). And the jury is the trier of fact. Not internet discussion groups.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Whites were found guilty just not enough to be sentenced to death for identical crimes. Why would that be?

few crimes are identical, so conclusions like that are already a bit subjective.

quality of defence counsel is certainly a help. Prior histories, the presence of the ever growing list of 'special circumstances,' may also factor in. Opposition to DP is stronger in liberal states which may also result in more white murderers getting life. (given how long it takes to execute, there isn't a huge difference in these sentences)

There aren't that many death penalty trials out there, so it's not that hard to prove the argument with actual case history.

...Floridians generally support the firearm self-defense law that George Zimmerman will use as part of his defense in the Trayvon Martin case, but they also support him being charged with second-degree murder because they think he is guilty.

42% of Florida voters support the "Stand Your Ground" law, and 32% oppose it. Republicans overwhelmingly support it (60-13), and independents like it as well (45-31), but Democrats oppose it (24-50).

49% think Zimmerman was appropriately charged, while 25% think he was not. The verdict is more narrow when it comes to his actual guilt of said charge--31% believe he is guilty, and 26% think him innocent. Despite the hullabaloo, 46% believe Zimmerman will be able to receive a fair trial, and 37% think he cannot.

Floridians generally do not believe Zimmerman was motivated by racism when he killed Martin--only 32% think he was, and 45% think he wasn't...

Is a white girls life worth less than a black girls life?

The more important question is, does a black life have more value if killed by a white man? The answer seems to be a resounding YES coming from the hoody sporting, skittle popping racists beating their drum of outrage yet remain silent on the 90% of blacks killed by blacks. . .

It seems they rather hang one white man rather than to address the real problem in their communities - black thugs...and you can't blame them...wouldn't it be hypocritical of them to punish a black man for committing a crime? After all, isn't that the definition of racism by wlsc standards? Much better to live in a shit hole ghetto the rest of your life than to go down in infamy as an Uncle Tom...

I'm glad at least the cops aren't afraid to crack down on all the black thugs in the city...they seem to be the only fighters of justice for the black community.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

What the population thinks is of no matter

Evidence, (which is against you) is what counts

And SYG is not in play here
This is a self defense argument only

You are getting desperate

But please, dont stop
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln