jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

As far as "if GZ was black and TV was white" I would adk if the black GZ had a busted nose and a bleeding head just like the non-white non- black GZ that is actually involved in this.

I still don't get how the only possible explanation for GZ's injuries is that TV must have launched an unprovoked attack. Can you really not see any other possibilities?

I'll wait for the courts to deal with it.

Don

I still don't get how the only possible explanation for GZ's injuries is that TV must have launched an unprovoked attack. Can you really not see any other possibilities?

Red herring. Whether the attack was provoked or not does not excuse the employment of lethal force by Martin, nor condemn the use of lethal force in return by Zimmerman.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Correct me if I'm wrong, but under most state statutes aren't you allowed to use whatever force you need to get away?

Not sure about all states. The Florida statute regarding self defense is quoted a couple posts up-thread.

on the tapes I've heard someone is in the background yelling for help. I have yet to learn who that person is.

Zimmerman's family says it's him (which seems to be supported by his statement to police at the scene that he 'yelled for help but nobody helped'), Trayvon's mother says it's Trayvon and his father said he didn't think it was Trayvon (at least at one point, he may have changed his statement since then).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Is the fact that Z has raised $200,000 an issue for bail? Is bail set on the ability to pay???

No one would care how much money (if any) the family of TM has made off tee shirts and such. I don't believe it is relavent.

Why would Z raising money for the 100 of thousands of dollars of legal fee's he will have be wrong?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Is the fact that Z has raised $200,000 an issue for bail? Is bail set on the ability to pay???

No one would care how much money (if any) the family of TM has made off tee shirts and such. I don't believe it is relavent.

Why would Z raising money for the 100 of thousands of dollars of legal fee's he will have be wrong?

Not to mention there is no way in hell Zimmerman can hold a normal job now, since he doesn't dare be seen in public, or even allow anyone know where he is. So unless he was a trust-fund baby (unlikely), he needs money just to live.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

at the first rally in the park in Sanford, Reverend Al Sharpton had the Home Depot 5-gallon buckets passed around. LOTS OF THEM.
I believe the Martin family is making a fat stack of cash from this incident.

But that recieves NO mention in the press. Again I have no problem with Sharpton passing the hat for the TM family but what is the difference of people making donations to Z?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

IMO, none really.
Some will see it as choosing sides I suppose.

We threw some in the bucket for the Martin family. It's not their fault their son is gone. I feel a great deal of sympathy for a parent to lose a child, more so in a violent manner.

I'm also willing to donate to Mr. Zimmerman as I expect he has a load of life challenges in front of him and I fully support our right as humans to defend ourselves from a violent assault.

I'm also willing to donate to Mr. Zimmerman as I expect he has a load of life challenges in front of him and I fully support our right as humans to defend ourselves from a violent assault.

Make sure that money doesn't come out of our joint account. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

For some reason I just knew you guys were into the Ganja. . .
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

...King, who has battled drugs and had a number of brushes with the law since 1992, said racism still has to be challenged.

"There's always going to be some type of racism. But it's up to us as individuals in this country to look back and see all the accomplishments that we have gotten to this far."

"I have much respect for (the police), much respect... some of them went out of their way over the years to try to make it up to me. Not all of them are bad," he added...

Nah, at their age they are saving up for a hip.

Nah, at their age they are saving up for a hip.

Well, let 'em take care of the foot first. Then they can worry about the hips.
:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Am I mistaken or do I see some people her advocating that everyone involved in a situation gets arrested?

"Arrest everybody and let the courts (with "admissable" evidence) handle it?"

1. Do you really think that is a good road to travel?

2. If it does go to court, do you trust the court system to get it right either way?

3. What's your opinion on the idea of...
"Better to let one guilty go than to nail one innocent person?"

or, conversely,

"Better to nail one innocent person than the let one guilty go?"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Am I mistaken or do I see some people her advocating that everyone involved in a situation gets arrested?

"Arrest everybody and let the courts (with "admissable" evidence) handle it?"

1. Do you really think that is a good road to travel?

2. If it does go to court, do you trust the court system to get it right either way?

3. What's your opinion on the idea of...
"Better to let one guilty go than to nail one innocent person?"

or, conversely,

"Better to nail one innocent person than the let one guilty go?"

You ask this question well

It seems that they just wanted GZ arrested.

Even if the evidence indicates to the police he committed no crime

But, since someone died there should be an automatic arrest?

So, they get the arrest under dubious, at best, evidence, and they are happy, until he is released on bond????

So I say again, this is not about justice, it is about revenge and is being pushed by political racists
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

It's about keeping people happy. Just like when the cops in the Rodney King trial got off and the feds retried them, if GZ gets off, they'll do it again here, too. I cannot see him getting off of this one, regardless of whether he's innocent or not. Too much property damage would result.

This is what not what I think should happen, but it is what I think WILL happen.

In other words, rather one innocent man in jail than riots all over the place....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

It's about keeping people happy. Just like when the cops in the Rodney King trial got off and the feds retried them, if GZ gets off, they'll do it again here, too. I cannot see him getting off of this one, regardless of whether he's innocent or not. Too much property damage would result.

Been a lot of high profile cases like this in the past 20 years and I haven't seen one yet where the jury was forced to find a guilty verdict. They seem quite willing to default to innocent unless proven - Casey Anthony, the Rodney King cops, even the BART shooting case of recently (conviction but for manslaughter only). Property damage did result afterwards in many of these.

OJ Simpson.

He admitted he did it while in the Bronco, and was acquitted right?

Even his Lawyer (Shapiro) said they "tried Race", he said the "Played the race card" and "played it often".

Poor example, unless your showing how racism is a two way street and even Black Americans are guilty, then it is a success.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

THIS is on the hands or race baiting bastards>:(

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

Proud?

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/2012/05/beating-church-and-brambleton
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln