JohnRich

2011 Smashes Sales Record for Guns

I thought Obama was a supposed to be grabbing' all yer guns?

Hmmm . . .

You must've missed where AG Holder (y'know, Obama's guy) was calling for more gun control laws in the wake of Fast and Furious. Looks like Obama's "under the radar" plan wasn't quite far enough "under the radar".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That is because the trend that the American people are choosing gun education over gun phobia. Many of my friends shoot and they have decided to make it a family activity. Instead of labeling guns as evil at skipping ownership they teach their kids and lock up their guns. Having a gun isn't taboo or edgy like it was in the 90's.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Oh yeah, he's a tricky one!

He's just laying in wait until he's a lame duck before grabbing' all yer guns.

Please understand that's the ravings of a lunatic, or Wayne, which is really the same thing.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Please understand that's the ravings of a lunatic, or Wayne, which is really the same thing.

Obama talking about under the radar gun control? I agree.

The Obama administration won't be bound by a gun control ban in the $1 trillion spending bill for 2012, the president said Friday.

The funding provision for the federal health agency says that "none of the funds made available in this title may be used, in whole or in part, to advocate or promote gun control." The language aims to ban taxpayer dollars from supporting gun safety research.

"I have advised the Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress's consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient," Obama said in a statement as he signed the bill into law.

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

News:

2011 Smashes Sales Record for Guns

"This was a banner year for guns -- 2011 is set to smash the record for gun sales.

"The record for a single year was set just last year, when the FBI reported that 14,409,616 background checks were requested. In 2011 that figure will top 16 million..."
Full story: Opposing Views

Now we need to get ready for the next gun-0-phope argument

More LEO's were killed this year buy guns than in the 10 years prior

(Although the majority happened in AZ and TX. I wonder why?)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well, all I know is that I had the biggest post-Christmas day ever at the local range (I volunteer as a Range Officer). Today was the first day since Christmas that we were open (normally closed Monday and Tuesday).
Holy Crap!! It seems like everone and their brother (and sister) got a rifle or a pistol under the tree this year.
3 families (both parents and 2 or more kids), 6 father/child(ren) groups - both sons and daughters, a bunch of couples (not all of them had both shoot, some just the man, some just the woman) and a bunch of the "usual suspects."

I was busier today than I've ever been during the week, even right before deer season. The five gallon pail we use to collect reloadable brass started empty and was half full when I left. That doesn't count stuff like Blazer alum or steel case (or what people took home with them).

It was a blast. :)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I thought Obama was a supposed to be grabbing' all yer guns?

His past voting record and statements showed he did want to remove the right.

1. Opposed bill okaying gun use in home invasions in IL.

2. Fact check said this was all true on a survey sent to Obama:
35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes.

3. OBAMA: Let’s be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill.
Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes Oct 21, 2004

His position can best be answered by his answer in the 2008 Democratic debate in Las Vegas Jan 15, 2008:

"Q: When you were in the state senate, you talked about licensing and registering gun owners. Would you do that as president?

A: I don’t think that we can get that done."

So he would LIKE to do it, but does not think he could actually pull it off.

Lets say you wanted a Pitts Special plane and told everyone you wanted it, but could just not afford an 80k dollar toy.

JR saying that you want a Pitts would be 100% true.

Me saying that you clearly don't since you have not bought one would not be true.

Obama's repeated statements and prior actions show he wants to remove handguns and semi auto rifles. Just because he does not have the *ability* does not mean he does not want to do it.

Oh yeah, he's a tricky one!

He's just laying in wait until he's a lame duck before grabbing' all yer guns.

Well, the supreme court already ruled that he can't "grab our guns", however he can place "reasonable restrictions" on them.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/28/eveningnews/main6627913.shtml

Eric Holder, like Mike pointed out, was looking to enact a lot more gun controls in the wake of all the border violence.

What we have here is motive and opportunity. Eric Holder allows the guns to walk into criminal hands so he can enact more gun controls in the wake of the violence he created.

I'm not the only one who thinks so. This definitely falls in line with Holder's hero, Saul Alinski, where the end justifies the means.
http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/28/obama-administration-endangered-lives-to-justify-gun-control/
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

What we have here is motive and opportunity. Eric Holder allows the guns to walk into criminal hands so he can enact more gun controls in the wake of the violence he created.

Yep. And 0bama is standing behind him to the end.

Let's hope the end comes for both or them in 2012,

One way or another.

One way or another.

That comes across as a thinly veiled threat. Without the veil. You sure you want to go there?

Don

One way or another.

That comes across as a thinly veiled threat. Without the veil. You sure you want to go there?

Don

Really? I took to mean voted out or resigned. Why is violence the first refuge of the libs?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>2011 Smashes Sales Record for Guns by JohnRich

It seems like only yesterday when you were claiming that people would run to gun stores in droves to buy their guns before Obama became president, because afterwards no one would want to buy the "namby-pamby unreliable politically-correct guns" that are all that Obama will allow.

Obama 1, JohnRich 0.

It seems like only yesterday when you were claiming that people would run to gun stores in droves to buy their guns before Obama became president, because afterwards no one would want to buy the "namby-pamby unreliable politically-correct guns" that are all that Obama will allow.

Obama 1, JohnRich 0.

2008: High sales in response to possible increase in gun laws
2011: High sales in response to possible increase in gun laws

JohnRich 2, billvon/Obama 0.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I like it! You could do this once every few years whenever you need a political talking point.

Like you did directly above?

Like the global warming thing. "There's only one problem with global warming - it ended in 1998 2010 2005!"

What, did Hansen/Mann adjust the data again so that 98 wasn't the high peak of the anomaly?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Obama 1, JohnRich 0.

2008: High sales in response to possible imaginary increase in gun laws
2011: High sales in response to possible increase in gun laws

JohnRich 2, billvon/Obama 0.

If John Rich was right the first time then the current high sales would not be possible. Duh.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If John Rich was right the first time then the current high sales would not be possible. Duh.

That was not the only reason for the high sales - look at sales records prior to the 94 AWB. Duh, indeed.

My prior statement stands.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That was not the only reason for the high sales - look at sales records prior to the 94 AWB. Duh, indeed.

My prior statement stands.

No it doesn't, because if John Rich was right the first time the current high sales would not be possible. Duh.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?