bodypilot90

Chevy volt real cost 250k to tax payers

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16192

Each Chevy Volt sold thus far may have as much as $250,000 in state and federal dollars in incentives behind it – a total of $3 billion altogether, according to an analysis by James Hohman, assistant director of fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

Hohman looked at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt, General Motors’ plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.

The Volt subsidies flow through multiple companies involved in production. The analysis includes adding up the amount of government subsidies via tax credits and direct funding for not only General Motors, but other companies supplying parts for the vehicle. For example, the Department of Energy awarded a $105.9 million grant to the GM Brownstown plant that assembles the batteries. The company was also awarded approximately $106 million for its Hamtramck assembly plant in state credits to retain jobs. The company that supplies the Volt’s batteries, Compact Power, was awarded up to $100 million in refundable battery credits (combination tax breaks and cash subsidies). These are among many of the subsidies and tax credits for the vehicle.

I guess the 1st church of global warming thinks this is a small price to pay. Not me. It's a scam.

As much as I love Ameican auto makers, they're all owned by Satan...pretty soon we'll all have a physical-mental dependence on over-priced batteries.

I know you don't understand quite yet, but it will all become clear, soon....
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>I guess the 1st church of global warming thinks this is a small price to pay. Not me.
>It's a scam.

And the deniers think that Bush's $20 billion bailout for their gas guzzlers is a great deal.

No that was pretty stupid and wasteful too. Nice topic change.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I guess the 1st church of global warming thinks this is a small price to pay. Not me. It's a scam.

And if you think we can rely on fossil fuels forever, *OR* just wait until they run out before we try something else, then i guess you are delusional.

How is most electric power gererated in the US? Hint it's not wind or solar. We have plenty of fossil fuels it's just the green cultist block us from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=11TAWkx8o6w

Wonderful - wikipedia is not considered a good source by the fascists, but a cartoon on youtube is authoritative.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16192

Each Chevy Volt sold thus far may have as much as $250,000 in state and federal dollars in incentives behind it – a total of $3 billion altogether, according to an analysis by James Hohman, assistant director of fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.

Hohman looked at total state and federal assistance offered for the development and production of the Chevy Volt, General Motors’ plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. His analysis included 18 government deals that included loans, rebates, grants and tax credits. The amount of government assistance does not include the fact that General Motors is currently 26 percent owned by the federal government.

The Volt subsidies flow through multiple companies involved in production. The analysis includes adding up the amount of government subsidies via tax credits and direct funding for not only General Motors, but other companies supplying parts for the vehicle. For example, the Department of Energy awarded a $105.9 million grant to the GM Brownstown plant that assembles the batteries. The company was also awarded approximately $106 million for its Hamtramck assembly plant in state credits to retain jobs. The company that supplies the Volt’s batteries, Compact Power, was awarded up to $100 million in refundable battery credits (combination tax breaks and cash subsidies). These are among many of the subsidies and tax credits for the vehicle.

Ah, old fashion deniers.
They never change.

Fossil Fuels Generate Most U.S. Power
Coal is the most common fuel for generating electricity in the United States. In 2010, 45% of the Country's nearly 4 trillion kilowatthours of electricity used coal as its source of energy.

http://205.254.135.7/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=electricity_in_the_united_states

well we know Obama's buddies @ solyndra worked out so well. We really need to print money for the green cult?

In case you didn't hear.......maybe you were at a OWS summer camp for and misses this.

Energy Secretary Steven Chu won a Nobel Prize in physics, but his handling of a solar energy loan has some critics calling him clueless.

Clueless hmmm just like Obama. He's one on too.. a pattern perhaps. :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/16/solyndra-scandal-emails-energy-department_n_1097701.html

>I guess the 1st church of global warming thinks this is a small price to pay. Not me.
>It's a scam.

And the deniers think that Bush's $20 billion bailout for their gas guzzlers is a great deal.

I like that... without commenting on the OP, you've blamed Bush. You're getting pretty good at this.
--
Rob

Too funny.

Thread is not even a page long yet and we already have:

- Global warming accused of being a cult or religion
- A slam on Bush
- Left field comment about Satan owning the US auto industry
- People concerned for the environment as a cult
- An accusation of fascism
- A plug for VW
- A slam at Obama.

I'm really disappointed Hitler was not mentioned.

Merry Christmas everyone.;)

" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

"Each Chevy Volt sold thus far" It's nice when they state how they are being deceptive right up front.

so far it seems like everyone has glossed over your point. When you go out to the DZ for the first weekend with your new $5000 rig, each jump thus far costs you $500 (presuming 5 jump per day)! WOW!

that battery plant should be running for 10+ years, unless it fails completely. Next year twice as many Volts will have been sold, halving the number to 125k. Still big enough to run the same story with the clause "sold thus far" but it will get hard to do by year 4.

"Each Chevy Volt sold thus far" It's nice when they state how they are being deceptive right up front.

so far it seems like everyone has glossed over your point. When you go out to the DZ for the first weekend with your new $5000 rig, each jump thus far costs you $500 (presuming 5 jump per day)! WOW!

that battery plant should be running for 10+ years, unless it fails completely. Next year twice as many Volts will have been sold, halving the number to 125k. Still big enough to run the same story with the clause "sold thus far" but it will get hard to do by year 4.

More volts sold? did you miss the part about GM buying them back because people are scared they might become a well done steak? the buy back will raise the cost per car.

More volts sold? did you miss the part about GM buying them back because people are scared they might become a well done steak? the buy back will raise the cost per car.

That problem was a bit overstated, but they made the offer to anyone that was not comfortable with it. You can't build a car brand behaving otherwise. Nevertheless, that issue is resolvable, and entirely different car models can still make use of these batteries.

That problem was a bit overstated, but they made the offer to anyone that was not comfortable with it. You can't build a car brand behaving otherwise. Nevertheless, that issue is resolvable, and entirely different car models can still make use of these batteries.

Problem solved? last weak they were barbequing customers and this week the problem is fixed?

GM has offered to buy them back but less than 25 people have actually talked to GM about the details about returning them. Out of 6700 cars less than .003% of owners are interested in returning them over battery fears, that is a pretty good track record.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/06/autos/chevy_volt_buyback/index.htm
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com