ShcShc11

Pregnant Woman Miscarries After Being Sprayed With Pepper Spray..

The escalation of this event from peaceful to not isn't just because a couple bad-seed officers decided to go medieval on protestors. There are countless factors, the largest ones in no particular order:

Massive numbers of disenfranchised, angry people
Lack of immediate change
Early mismanagement of the growing unrest (by the police)
Amorphous goals
Close proximity for extended periods of time

To refocus, the original point of this thread was a woman claiming to have miscarried from a mixture of pepper spray and boot/bicycle to the stomach, and the potential outcomes of that in court.

You're changing (moving the goalpost) it to be that we can no longer have peaceful protests in this country because your previous arguments are systematically being shown to be massive piles of rubbish...Your rants are systematically becoming less and less coherent.

I suggest you try what I do. Collect your thoughts, figure out what your point is, make it, then reread to make sure it is clearly stated before posting. Basically the physical manifestation of "engage brain THEN unhinge jaw"

-rooster

Awww you are so cute.

Remember the NYPD white shirt ( Bologna) who has now been assigned to duties on Staten Island???

Herd em up.. and hose them down.. does not seem like a very good response to peaceful protests in MY America. In your America.... I guess that sort of response by those who are sworn to protect and serve is just A OK.

By the Way.. in SEATTLE.... this horse left the police stable long long ago... but people do still try to peacefully exercise their rights.

It is no longer possible to have a peaceful protest by people wishing to apply some of their constitutional rights with out being attacked by those who are supposed to be protecting and serving..

Sure it is. The Teabaggers did it. In fact, the Fleabaggers did it for a couple of months, too, until they started getting bored with just camping out, doing drugs, and generally setting back sanitary technology to the 1860’s. Once they started invading private property, disrupting the lives and rights of others, creating an open sewer, etc., then the police moved in to do something.

it's when the speech/protest moved to nuisance and crime that police moved in. The Fleabaggers moved beyond mere speech. You know that.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

people do still try to peacefully exercise their right

And when that happens, there isn't a problem. it's when they decide to confrontationally exercise their rights that there is a problem. And the confronters cause confrontations, confrontations occur, and innocent people can get caught up.

hence the reason why the punk who was bloodied up when he got tackled after pelting cops with batteries and stealing a cop's hat was shortly cast aside after initial consideration of his photo as the iconic image.

It is no longer possible to have a peaceful protest by people wishing to apply some of their constitutional rights with out being attacked by those who are supposed to be protecting and serving..

Sure it is. The Teabaggers did it. In fact, the Fleabaggers did it for a couple of months, too, until they started getting bored with just camping out, doing drugs, and generally setting back sanitary technology to the 1860’s. Once they started invading private property, disrupting the lives and rights of others, creating an open sewer, etc., then the police moved in to do something.

it's when the speech/protest moved to nuisance and crime that police moved in. The Fleabaggers moved beyond mere speech. You know that.

Gee.... I am glad you managed to get on the same page with the FAUX News talking heads... suhprize suhprize.

How do you explain Officer White Shirt and all of his guys looking on going WTF... there counselor???

people do still try to peacefully exercise their right

And when that happens, there isn't a problem. it's when they decide to confrontationally exercise their rights that there is a problem. And the confronters cause confrontations, confrontations occur, and innocent people can get caught up.

hence the reason why the punk who was bloodied up when he got tackled after pelting cops with batteries and stealing a cop's hat was shortly cast aside after initial consideration of his photo as the iconic image.

I got an iconic image for you counselor

Not that you and yours will give a damn.. since she is not "someone who matters"

Here is how the 84 year old described it...

Something funny happened on my way to a transportation meeting in Northgate. As I got off the bus at 3rd and Pine I heard helicopters above. Knowing that the problems of New York would certainly precipitate action by Occupy Seattle, I thought I better check it out. Especially since only yesterday the City Government made a grandiose gesture to protect free speech. Well free speech does have its limits as I found out as the cops shoved their bicycles into the crowd and simultaneously pepper sprayed the so captured protesters. If it had not been for my Hero (Iraq Vet Caleb) I would have been down on the ground and trampled. This is what democracy looks like. It certainly left an impression on the people who rode the No. 1 bus home with me. In the women’s movement there were signs which said: “Screw us and we multiply.”

Gee.... I am glad you managed to get on the same page with the FAUX News talking heads... suhprize suhprize.

Gee. Would you explain how I get on that page without having a fucking television?

I've taken a quick look. I see now that an officer in NYC maced a protester back in September. And apparently again in early October.

So are you saying that the protest was halted in September? That no protest occurred without police violence and that the protesters were no allowed to speak their message?

How do you explain Officer White Shirt and all of his guys looking on going WTF... there counselor???

The same way I explain Battery Man and the rest of the protesters going, "Whoa!" That there are some bad seeds.

Gee. Would you explain how I get on that page without having a fucking television?

I've taken a quick look. I see now that an officer in NYC maced a protester back in September. And apparently again in early October.

So are you saying that the protest was halted in September? That no protest occurred without police violence and that the protesters were no allowed to speak their message?

The same way I explain Battery Man and the rest of the protesters going, "Whoa!" That there are some bad seeds.

QUACK QUACK QUACK

When the police are there in riot gear, however, I would tend to think that a person with concern about an unborn child would think, "Perhaps I should just walk the other way."

Then people with money in their wallets shouldn't go out at night because the streets are known as dangerous at night and they have a risk of being robbed.

And people with kids should move out of the neighbourhood when a sex offender moves in, because then it's their fault if something happens.

And women who get raped when drunk are also at fault then because they knew the situation they were putting themselves in.

It's not the victims fault.

When the police are there in riot gear, however, I would tend to think that a person with concern about an unborn child would think, "Perhaps I should just walk the other way."

Then people with money in their wallets shouldn't go out at night because the streets are known as dangerous at night and they have a risk of being robbed.

And people with kids should move out of the neighbourhood when a sex offender moves in, because then it's their fault if something happens.

And women who get raped when drunk are also at fault then because they knew the situation they were putting themselves in.

If you look at a pot of boiling water and say, "Wow..that's really hot!", and then stick your arm in anyway, guess what...it's your fault you got burned, not the cook's.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

+1

Everything that happens to us is a direct result of choices we have made.
There are those who believe we are not responsible for our actions and therefore blame others for all bad things that happen
Those same people like to take credit for all good things that happen.
HAMMER:

OK, she was at a demonstration. OK, she was hit with pepper spray. Those are the undisputed facts. Was she kicked? If so, by whom? Was she pregnant? If so why do those close to her doubt it? With all the video cameras, why are none of the alleged incidents of police brutalitynay OWS events on film? (except for OC spray, which law and courts say are justified)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

OK, she was at a demonstration. OK, she was hit with pepper spray. Those are the undisputed facts. Was she kicked? If so, by whom? Was she pregnant? If so why do those close to her doubt it? With all the video cameras, why are none of the alleged incidents of police brutalitynay OWS events on film? (except for OC spray, which law and courts say are justified)

Even if a) She was pregnant and, b) She did miscarry, was it a result of pepper spray? An aunt of mine miscarried at a family dinner with near zero physical or emotional stress. Recently a woman ran two marathons while pregnant, the last near full term, and the baby was fine.
HAMMER:

If pepper spray was an abortifacient, Planned Parenthood would be handing it out as a 'morning after' kit.

I'd be willing to bet that if pepper spray to the face was the only method of abortion the abortion rate would drop waaaayyyyyy down.
HAMMER:

If you look at a pot of boiling water and say, "Wow..that's really hot!", and then stick your arm in anyway, guess what...it's your fault you got burned, not the cook's.

And if you tell a cook his food sucks and he pours boiling water over you, the cook goes to jail.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

And if you tell a cook his food sucks and he pours boiling water over you, the cook goes to jail.

Bad analogy, since the cook's duties don't include pouring boiling water over customers. Try another one.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nothing? I mean this just goes away. All the people that were ready to just jump all over the police, here on dz.com.

It looks like this was just BS.

"Innocent until proven guilty" must be applied to everyone.

Of course as more information comes out, it appears that Jennifer Fox the alleged victim in this story is a person with questionable mental health. I hope for her sake the good people of Washington State get her this help before she sets out to slander more people. Clearly being allowed to be influenced by her "Occupy" peers is not giving her this help she appears to need. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I can ABSOLUTELY see getting a shot in the stomach as a risk. Getting knocked over. That kind of thing. THose are pretty easy risks to identify. But I think the headline is misleading...

So driving for pregnant women is pretty much out of the question too right?